Pump It Up Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pump It Up Interview Questions

Updated Dec 9, 2016

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Chalfont, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pump It Up (Chalfont, PA).

Interview

I went into the business and asked for an application. I recieved a call for a phone screen a few days later and then a meet and greet. went very smoothly.

Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Pump It Up (Shawnee, KS) in February 2016.

Interview

You start out in a group setting, introduce yourself, then you get to play on the inflatables, next they give you a scenario of what to do with kids while you wait. Finally you do one on one interviews. Try to be first for volunteers and interviews, it looks good on your application. Be bubbly, fun, and you must be loud to impress the owner.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest thing when dealing with kids?
      How can you manage everything with school, homework, etc...?
      Answer Question

Party Attendant Interview

Interview

You first get a call and usually they have group interviews but I was unable to make to the group interview so I had a one on one interview and they basically look for personality because you will be working a lot with customers and kids

Party Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pump It Up.

Interview

You are asked multiple questions about your personality as it is a children birthday event place and depends on the employees entertaining children. they ask of any experience dealing with children and if you are comfortable dancing and being goofy.

Party Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pump It Up (Glenview, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I walked in to grab an application, and the interview began right there. They said they didn't care what I put on the application and didn't want my resumé. I was told not to bring the application back. They said nothing about a W-4 form, I did not fill out any paperwork, and they did not ask for my social security number. They asked me why I wanted to work at Pump It Up, what my work experience was, and if I was good with kids. They started me two weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They are not flexible.

Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pump It Up (McAllen, TX).

Interview

It was a group interview with about 5-7 other people. They asked us to do things like announcements and had a mock party. They let us go on the inflatables As well.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pump It Up (Manassas, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview first then a face to face interview which laster about an hour. It started off with basic questions and went into detail of how to deal with difficult customers and strategies to resolve customer issues

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle a difficult customer   1 Answer

Party Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pump It Up in March 2013.

Interview

Was fun, got to jump in inflatables and act out scenarios, then had one on one interviews. Pretty basic. Just be positive and outgoing, don't be shy, and in the end you'll get the job. I left the interview and was called back right when I got home saying I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pump It Up (San Francisco, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

They sat me in an open room with around five other people and asked me to act as though I was starting a party. They had an employee say it twice and then asked people, one by one to go up there and do it. Then after everyone went, they pulled you out one-by-one, to interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked, "When working with children, what's the hardest thing to do?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Really no negotiation. It was a part-time job.

Anonymous Employee in Chino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pump It Up (Chino, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

I heard about the job opening through word of mouth and gave my resume in person. I got a call back 2 months later about an interview. You go to the facility and the owners conduct the interview.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected Question: How you would properly mop a floor and then making you act out a situation about how to make the birthday child feel extra special and then sing Happy Birthday in front of the owners.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations.