Qantas Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Qantas

Employee Referral3%
HardAverageEasy
Found 96 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qantas (Sydney)

Interview

Unprofessional, lengthy process that involved multiple interviews, a team meet & greet and a test or two. The tests were both behavioral and situation-based, where I was taken to a room and left to hand-write my responses. The job had no true shape or direction.

Interview Questions
  • The first step involved a behavioral test.
    1 Answer
Anonymous Employee in Australia
Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Qantas (Australia)

Interview

Have a good idea of the history and the role and dress in a professional corporate manner. Be confident and show that you have the ability to do all possible for the welfare of your customers and high service is your number on focus as well as safety.

Interview Questions
  • Tells us why we should hire you to work for the best Australian airline?
Anonymous Employee in Australia
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qantas (Australia)

Interview

1 phone interview, and 1 in-person interview. Both rounds included a case study question and behavioural questions. Interview questions were of average difficulty and involved follow up questions describing prior experiences

Interview Questions
  • Case study question on estimating the revenue of a public swimming pool
Anonymous Employee in Australia
Application

I interviewed at Qantas (Australia)

Interview

I applied online in mid/late October. Approximately a week later I received a link to an online questionnaire with standard behavioural questions. There's no time limit so you have plenty of time to carefully plan out your answers! In early November I received an invitation to an assessment centre in December. The interview consisted of: 1. A presentation / document collection / height check 2. Group activity 3. English comprehension test 4. One-on-one interview The group activity was lots of fun and pretty relaxed. At each table 2 recruiters will be watching and assessing you, but try your best to ignore them and pretend they aren't there. The English comprehension was fairly basic and you have plenty of time to complete it. As long as you read the questions carefully, you'll be fine. The one-on-one interview was the most difficult part of the process, but still enjoyable. You will be asked general questions about your availability/base preferences, before going into more in-depth behavioural questions. They give you plenty of time to think about your answers, so try to stay calm and plan them out before you speak. You will be interviewed by actual Qantas flight attendants, so it's a great opportunity to ask questions and learn about the role! A few days later I received an email advising me I had progressed to reference checks. Now waiting to find out more!

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help a customer
Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qantas (Perth, Western Australia)

Interview

panel interview followed by a panel interview. the process has changed a lot since I started. Now potential FA's are required to undergo a hire-view digital interview followed by a panel interview.

Interview Questions
Qantas
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hobart
Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qantas (Hobart) in Jan 2020

Interview

Initial online interview took longer than expected. Online with questions and plenty of time to think, but answers limited to 200 words. The interview consisted on 5 questions and you could pause and come back to a question at anytime. The answers were in a typed formst

Interview Questions
  • tell us about a time when you went above and beyond for a client
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Qantas (Sydney) in Dec 2019

Interview

1st step is to apply online upload resume and cover letter then if your successful in progressing to the next stage you will then have to answer a online questionnaire. If you progress through that you then are invited to attend an assessment day which consists of 3 activities one on one interview was great they ask you about 6 behavioural questions, group activity where they give you a scenario and you discuss what’s more important and then there is a written test which is a combination of maths and vocabulary also known as abstract reasoning tests some were pretty basic and some were extremely hard and I thought that was unnecessary.

Interview Questions
Qantas
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Australia
Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Qantas (Australia)

Interview

I received a phone call from Talent Acquisition a week after submitting an application (Monday). I was told in the phone consultation that "the National Manager loved your application and is keen to get you in for an interview. He thinks you would be a perfect fit for the team". I was advised that interviews were to be held next week (Tuesday) with the National Rehabilitation Manager and Regional Safety Manager. I was also advised to clear my schedule and Talent Acquisition person would contact me in a few days to confirm the time. I waited to the end of the week with no phone call and made contact with Talent Acquisition myself on the Friday. You could imagine my surprise when I was told (by the same Talent Acquisition person as last phone call) "they earmarked a great candidate and interviewed them on Thursday". This comment was backed up with "but I haven't heard how they went. Are you still interested in the position if the other candidate fell over during the interview". I really didn't want to say yes, but I agreed to see if I could get an opportunity to speak directly with the hiring manager. I was once again advised by Talent Acquisition that she would contact me back, which never occurred. I received an email 4 weeks later to advise that I was unsuccessful. Very unprofessional!

Interview Questions
  • Can you describe the biopsychosocial approach to injury management?
Anonymous Employee in Australia
Application

I interviewed at Qantas (Australia)

Interview

2 rounds of interviews, reasonable in my opinion. However, the entire hiring process including background checks and ID application took 3 whole months. Pretty long in my opinion. People were friendly throughout.

Interview Questions
Qantas
Anonymous Employee in Sydney
Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Qantas (Sydney) in Nov 2019

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. First-round face to face technical interview. We both introduced our backgrounds, and the interviewer would expand the questions based on my experience. Also, a whiteboard algorithm test focuses on communication and discussing potential improvements; Second-round take-home question interview.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 96