Qantas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.9

GSE Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qantas (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

One session of vetting that includes the basic interview questions. Getting to know you and all your prior experience. Next is an actual indepth interview with maintenance and operations chief. Theres a bit of grilling and playing 'stump the chump' to determine how you react in everyday maintenance and operations svenarios. Duration about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you hold any automotive mechanic certifications?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qantas in August 2009.

Interview

It happened very quickly and I didn't know I got the job until hr called to verify my address. That should have been a sign as to how well departments communicate. The interview was rather informal and the main manager asked me why I wanted to work there since there wasn't anywhere for me to go.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was made clear to me in the interview that they were offering the max comp available. It was certainly fair and competitive for airlines.

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qantas.

Interview

Different stages throughout the day. Behavioural, case study, and group activity followed by presentation. Friendly interviewers. The process felt a bit bureaucratic. 85% of people who were interviewing at the AC had contacts.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qantas (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2017.

Interview

This is only related to the first round telephone interview so doesn't include the whole process. Some background questions followed by 5 behavioural questions. Opportunity to ask your own questions at the end

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you faced a difficult problem, how did you use your problem solving skills to resolve this?
      Tell us about a time you came up with an innovative solution
      Tell us about a time you dealt with difficult stakeholders   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qantas (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2017.

Interview

The first part is an online interview. It consists of five questions. I found it daunting as you are receiving no feedback. It is just talking into the computer or phone (depending on what you use). Some of these questions were timed. I think they were two to three minutes each. The medical costs approximately $450. They also asked if you are prepared to work shift work and work on public holidays and special occasions, eg Christmas.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a customer service agent?
      What would you bring?
      There was a question about working in a high pressure environment
      When did you have to say no to a customer.
      Will you cover the medical costs.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qantas (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied the job via their website and Qantas sent a link for a digital interview, took 10 mins only. they gave me 5 questions. 2 of them, i just need to say yes or no. the rest of them i need to explain it.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qantas (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2017.

Interview

After the initial shortlisting of resumes/C.V.'s, I was given a set of 3 psychometric tests: mathematical comprehension which involved analysing numerical data from graphs and tables; english comprehension where I had to determine what could be inferred from a passage of text; and inductive reasoning/pattern recognition of sequences of diagrams.

Two weeks later I was interviewed by a group of 4 people. The interview questions were originally planned to be completely behavioural e.g. asking about dealing with complex situations and difficult teammates, but later developed into technical programming questions. Everyone in the panel was very amicable.

Management Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qantas (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an invitation to complete a digital interview. This was quite daunting as there is nobody speaking to you at the other end and no indication of how well you were responding to questions. There were five questions and these were timed, 3 mins maximum. The invitation to the digital invitation came before the job application closing date. However, I did not receive any further notification for more than five weeks, which is quite frustrating. The digital interview process was interesting but very impersonal. I understand why they use this method, however given they already have a poor reputation for organisational culture, lack of management staff experienced in personnel management and a disjointed Strategic HRM system, Qantas should look to review their policy and consider change management and organisational behaviour strategies. Perhaps they should have hired me after all?! :)

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qantas (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and asked to do a group assessment day which if was successful would be invited back for interview.
    Interview texted through and so was many other applicants and was told we would know 2 weeks later if successful. Week after reference check was done and was advised by my references they we called. Now waiting to see if was progressed.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work with Qantas link
      Show and tell us an example of where you followed policy procedures
      What is customer service   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qantas.

Interview

Normal behavioural interview explaining my experience and interest in the role with a few short case study questions. Hiring manager behaviour was very unprofessional, dis-interested the whole time and also yawning and checking phone on occasions.