QinetiQ Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2018

3.2

No Idea Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at QinetiQ (Washington, DC) in February 2013.

Interview

Had a phone screen with a very excited recruiter who had received my resume from a recruiter friend of mine. Within a week, I met with a business development director who was staffing a program for a potential win. He gave me the thumbs up, and then I interviewed with the program director. The site where the business development director was located seemed very sullen and dark and had very few employees in the office (not a surprise). The administrative assistant who was dressed in sweatpants and a hoodie (surprising for corporate attire) seemed to be bored and had left me in the lobby for 30 minutes past the expected interview start with no explanation. I would not describe the place as having any energy at all and seemed to be very sad.

The program director interviewed me at a grocery store that was down the road from the business development director's site. He had gotten himself a cup of coffee at their Starbucks kiosk before I arrived but did not ask me if I wanted to get any refreshments for myself, and quickly launched into the interview. He asked odd questions that led me to believe he thought I was going to try to take his job if I was hired. He told me he liked to work from home and did not go into the office unless it was necessary. I can say for sure that I was never interviewed for a professional IT job at a grocery store before.

I'm not sure for which position I was being interviewed since my resume went directly from recruiter to recruiter. The business development director asked questions about a task lead position but that seemed to be far below my skillset and experience, also having been a director for 5 years.

Seems like the company is a collection of companies that have come together but there is no real direction or cohesiveness. I would have liked to work on that program and do like the client that they support at that location. Would have been a wonderful commute as well. Happy employee? I could have been!

Interview Questions

• The second interviewer asked me whether I wanted to run a few programs (his job) or did I want to just be on a program. I wasn't sure how to answer the question because I've run large organizations far above his pay grade in the past.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QinetiQ in September 2008.

Interview

Friendly interview discussing previous jobs and projects. Just needed to describe previous responsibilities giving examples of good and bad projects that I had previously worked on. Not much feedback from interviewer due to the security nature of the work. Interview lasted for about one hour and was given the result within one week of interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult project that you have worked on and why?   Answer Question

Benefits Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at QinetiQ (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied for role online, recieved a phone call less than 24 hours after applying, to arrange an interview. Interview itself was fairly formal and the recruitment process up to then was great. However now coming up to 4 weeks when I was supposed to hear back about whether I would be going through to the next stage, it's radio silence from the Qinetiq recruitment team despite chasing my contact several times.

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QinetiQ in December 2009.

Interview

Competency based

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you faced opposition.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to analyze a substantial amount of data.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QinetiQ in January 2017.

Interview

Video interview, had 10 seconds to think of a answer, I was not prepared for the questions they asked and the short time I was given to think on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Innovative idea that you came up with and how did you implement it   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QinetiQ.

Interview

i applied through their online platform and had to do a telephone interview follwed by an assessment day. went to assessment day where 50 other candidates came too for the same position. we were given light breakfast and then was given a presentation about the organisation.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at QinetiQ (Malvern, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Full day assessment centre consisting of a welcome presentation, written exercise, group exercise, presentation/technical interview, competency interview and logic test.

For the group exercise, candidates were split into groups of 3 or 4 and tasked with competing a common group exercise, the specifications were changed mid way through the task. Key areas to remember that you are being assessed on are; Communication, Team work, Timekeeping, Ability to work to a deadline and ability to adapt to changing requirements.

The written assessment followed the group exercise and was based on the exercise. Candidates were asked to write about their experience in the exercise, including the design, your specific role, effectiveness as a group ect.

The technical interview was with 2 assessors and I had a third person in the room observing. The interview started with an 8 minute presentation, the topic of which had been given 1 week in advance. The interview followed immediately after with questions about the presentation followed by a more structured technical interview. In my personal experience, the interview was more of a chat focusing on my CV and technical experiences inside and outside of university. There were a few questions designed to make you think added at the end.

The competency interview was conducted by 2 assessors and was exactly what was expected, several questions focusing on your strengths. Remember to think of examples prior the interview and try to structure you answers well to give the interviewers a clear account of the situation.

The logic test was similar to a online logic test however this was based on sets of cards. The principle was the same, you were to look at the information on the cards and find patterns then using those patterns fill in the missing information.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at QinetiQ (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

Application process after initial application involved a video interview followed by an assessment centre.

The assessment centre involved a technical interview, a HR interview, a broad technical assessment and a group exercise.

Interview Questions

• What needs to be considered when fitting new equipment to an aircraft?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, standard graduate scheme salary

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Malvern, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at QinetiQ (Great Malvern, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Video Interview;
    Two unscripted questions, followed by one in which you had plenty of time to research. Could refilm as many times as you wish.

Assessment Centre;
    Technical interview, prepared presentation, group exercise, HR interview, logical reasoning task, site tour.
    Staff very friendly throughout, all together a very fun day. Previous grad students were present throughout to answer any and all questions. Haven't heard back yet, but should do within a couple of weeks apparently.

Interview Questions

• How might you use the electromagnetic spectrum to detect and/or locate activities of interest in the defence context?”   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QinetiQ.

Interview

Video interview with opportunity to re-record as many times as you want was fine. Assessment day was overall very enjoyable- they obviously care a lot about recruiting the right people for them, with many technical managers as well as HR staff on hand for even a smallish group of us. Had teambuilding exercise + solo written review of how it went, presentation followed by technical interview, general strengths interview, and a logic-style test.

Interview Questions

• The usual "name a time when..." in the strengths interview. Presentation on final year project.   Answer Question