Queen's University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Queen's University Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.2

Program Assistant Interview

Interview

Very concise interview, large breadth of questions ranging from questions about personal skills and knowledge of student affairs in general. However the interviewers were late for the Skype call. Lasted approximately 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Interesting questions regarding co-worker conflicts in the past   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Queen's University (Kingston, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Informal interview process with standardised questions. Selection was internal amongst students within the program. It is a single interview in a one on one setting. Not many questions. Interview was mainly behavioural based. The supervising professor will conduct the interview and describe the functions and tasks of the job.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the position?   1 Answer

Summer Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Queen's University (Kingston, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

A panel of 4 people, some questions were pretty vague. They asked a lot about my experience at Queen's and my thoughts on how to improve experience for others. The description of the job was not clear, and they didn't really explain well what I would have to do and what the end goal of the project would be. They were pretty friendly, and I got back a detailed response on how I could improve during the interview, so that was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• How would you organize ..................?
      How well you know Queen's and community?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Queen's University.

Interview

The job was based on a scholarship. You apply for the position and based on your previous experience you will be given the scholarship. Once you offered the scholarship it was finalized by your supervisor.

Interview Questions

• It totally depend on your supervisor. My supervisor just asked me about my previous experience and which project of him I am interested to work in?   1 Answer

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Queen's University (Kingston, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview is usually taken by the Professor for whom you will be working with. It takes around 30 minutes. Generally, they ask you about the subject, whether you have done such courses in your undergrad or not.

Interview Questions

• - Have you ever taken such courses in your undergrad ?
      -have you ever been a teaching assistant ?
      Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Queen's University (Kingston, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

1. Had a telephone interview with the HR representative.
    2. Then had an in person interview with the department manager and supervisor. They asked typical interview questions, nothing fancy.
    3. Then had another in person interview with various team members, which took half a day. We also toured the facilities. This seemed like a formality and that their decision was already made.

Study Coordinator - NCIC Clinical Trials Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Queen's University (Kingston, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online for the position after seeing the posting on the Queen's careers website. Sent in cover letter and CV directly to the hiring manager who was also a Clinical Research Associate. After a month I received an email offering me an interview. The interview was held two weeks later and consisted of a 4 person panel, each person having a list of questions to ask but follow ups to my answers were collective. The interview was a mix of technical questions specific to the position, questions specific to my background gained from my CV, and commonplace work-skills and personality discussions. Nothing was rushed - the interview was approx 75 min - and I could go back and answer something if I wanted to clarify. Definitely an interview to prepare for in terms of knowing exactly what the company is about, technicalities regarding clinical trials, and research but the rest was what one would expect in a management-type interview. Approx. two weeks later (expected time frame given after interview) I received an offer of employment but I declined the position for various reasons.

Intramural Official Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Queen's University (Kingston, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through A&R website. Got an interview with the intramural coordinator within the month. Interview was fun and casual. I was asked mostly behavioral questions and some questions related to sport that I would be officiating.

Interview Questions

• If there was a dispute between players of opposing teams, how would you go about resolving the situation.   Answer Question

MIB Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Queen's University (New Delhi (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Online application. Application advisor will contact you in 3-5 days. Video essay for prescreening, Then you have to submit a few documents like SOP, previous transcripts etc. Lastly, final interview with the Program Director.

Interview Questions

• Why MIB? Why Queens? Questions about exchange school preference.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Queen's University (Kingston, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

no interview process as such. professor usually chooses from a limited batch of students. as long as your research skills are adequate and you're a proven hard worker you'll get the position.