Questex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Questex

2.3

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Questex (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Scheduled for interview at 10:20, waited half hour, was interviewed by two managers, was asked a few questions about how to handle repetitive tasks, and how to coordinate relationship between different people

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had experiences working on a project while nobody checking   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburndale, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Questex (Auburndale, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a very easy process, the recruiter and the staff made it really easy. I was a fun process, it was my first job after graduation. I like the whole experience, i wouldn’t change a thing.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about pass internship, it was like a conversation with one of my accounting teacher.   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Questex (Newton, MA) in May 2010.

Interview

No call or email returned after 1st meeting

IT Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Questex (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

I drove from NJ to NY, paid $14 toll and $30 to make it to the interview. The person who interviewed me showed very little hospitality and didn't seem enthused to get to know me. I sent an email to the two people that interviewed me and a text and they never responded. This is the type of company that doesn't even show the courtesy to respond with an answer. Don't be fooled by the fake enthusiasm over the phone. In person, they are ice cold. Avoid if you like a family type of work culture.

Sales & Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Questex (Newton, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed and i was hired on the spot i was also the first intern that they ever hired. I was given a personal tour of the office.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Questex (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online. There was a HR phone call followed by 1 hour technical phone interview followed by Skype interview with a team for 2 hours. I had to do an assignment on Data Modelling too.
    Negative experience as I wasn't informed about the result. I contacted then 4 times after the last round through email and phone, both unanswered.

Web Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Questex.

Interview

Three interviews.

Basic skill check for relevant skills.
    Personality fit was a pretty high priority for this company.

People were friendly and approachable thruout the process.

Onboarding wasn't so great.
    Training materials, demonstrations, and access to network locations were all granted on as needed/ 'oh yeah' basis.

Training in general was a pass the buck mentality and was clearly just a checkbox and no real amount of meaningful exercises were provided to learn their highly customized, though open source, CMS.

No org chart for the company was provided, no real introductions to team players or a who's who of the groups you would be working with. You were very much left to figure everything out on your own.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions. It was an entry level interview geared for college graduates. Skills test was on par with basic web knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Offer was extended coming in at a full 8K - 10K below what was discussed in the interview and industry pay scales. Being a college grad, I didn't have much of a choice and had to get back into the workforce.

Peers who tried to negotiate, had their contract periods extended ad infinitum, until they got fed up and left.

Hiring managers are drastically out of touch with how much it costs to live and/or the company isn't concerned about this and just wants low wage grunts.

It began as contract so I was under the impression a more industry salary would be offered upon full time status, but it wasn't. Increases were granted along the way, but took a full two - three years to get to what was discussed/on the industry scales.

Content Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Questex (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

I joined the company as a coordinator 6 years ago. I was referred to the company by a friend who worked there and applied for an opening. I met with the HR manager and then the Editor in Chief and was hired the same day. I have been promoted 3 times since joining the company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe a great travel experience as part of a writing test.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a position on the spot and I accepted. I was still going to grad school evenings and they offered to include me in the tuition reimbursement program immediately instead of having to wait a year.

MKT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Questex (Newton, MA) in July 2011.

Interview

The innterview at Questex Media Group in Newton, Massachusetts was a great experience. I met with current employees and was able to ask them about their role and experience working for the company. It was also great to hear their expectations for this role and candidate.

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Questex in September 2019.

Interview

Had one phone call and then an in person interview at the office. Overall it was very casual. They asked about classes I've taken before, excel proficiency, etc. Wasn't very long - overall really good.