RBS Greenwich Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RBS Greenwich Capital Interview Questions

3.1

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RBS Greenwich Capital.

Interview

On campus recruiting for a semi-target school. First round was done by senior member, mostly behavioral (walk me through your resume, why rbs, why capital markets, etc)

IT Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at RBS Greenwich Capital.

Interview

Pretty standard, multiple people interviewing at once. Questions are mixed - some technical, some random logical questions. Was going for 2.5-3 hours.

Interview Questions

• 2 remote rooms in the house, one has 2 light bulbs, another - light switch, connected to one light bulb. How to find out which light bulb is connected? You can't leave the switch on while leaving switch room for light bulb room, no help is available.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Could not negotiate

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RBS Greenwich Capital (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Started from recruiter. 2 rounds of 3-4 interviewees. Some technical, mostly behavioral.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RBS Greenwich Capital (Stamford, CT) in July 2012.

Interview

It was a single session of interviews. It involved 3 rounds with 1-2 employees in each. Mostly asked why interested in the company, job, etc. Asked basic questions to ensure understanding of the material required for the role. Took a few weeks to hear back, then was made an offer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RBS Greenwich Capital (Stamford, CT) in March 2012.

Interview

Recruiting / Interview process was very streamlined. Met 4 people in one day and the decision was reached within 2 weeks. Was strange the I had to accept an offer prior to background screening, which took far too long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was within my expectations so no negotiation

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RBS Greenwich Capital (Stamford, CT) in December 2010.

Interview

I met with 4 people at RBS in 2 separate interviews. They seemed very keen on my candidacy - one person even saying that I was "perfect" for the job and "exactly what they were looking for..." I guess I should have read that as code for, you are not getting this job!

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RBS Greenwich Capital (Stamford, CT) in April 2010.

Interview

I had an initial phon e interview followed by the onsite interview. The onsite interview process involved interviewing with different managers from the team.

Asked questions in general followed by the technical interview Singleton pattern, java 1.5 questions

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with design patterns. Explain Singleton pattern   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at RBS Greenwich Capital (Stamford, CT) in February 2010.

Interview

Very fit-based, hardly anything technical - i.e. "why sales & trading?", "why your school/major?". On the whole they have a very holistic approach to interviewing for analyst positions that I found incredibly refreshing and rather uncommon amongst the various bulge-bracket banks. Ultimately, they're really just gaging whether or not they want you sitting on their desk for years.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RBS Greenwich Capital (Stamford, CT) in January 2010.

Interview

behavioral and some technical. nice atmosphere

Interview Questions

• discuss views on capital requirements/regulations and how they are impacting ROE   1 Answer

Negotiation

negotiated through recruiter. think i could have gotten better had I gone solo

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RBS Greenwich Capital (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

Just normal HR questions were asked.
    Y I wanted to join RBS, what RBS does etc