RNC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RNC Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2017

2.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RNC.

Interview

I applied for an RNC internship in January of 2016. I was contacted for an interview at the end of February and notified of acceptance in April. My department assignment was given a few weeks before the internship in mid-May.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RNC in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted over the phone. It was fairly quick around 20-25 mins. The interviewer was very nice and made the interview feel super relaxed. After the interview I was asked to fill a release for a background check and I received an offer about a month later.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RNC in April 2016.

Interview

Basic phone interview. Not difficult at all. Asked basic questions about why you are a Republican, what your greatest strengths and weaknesses are, why you want to intern there.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RNC (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with the Internship coordinators, standard 15 minute interview with standard internship questions. The application is due in either Feb or March and I heard back within a few weeks of the due date of the application. I applied online

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RNC (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Online application with four short answers, then three weeks later was contacted for a phone interview that lasted about 15 minutes. The phone interview was not intimidating at all and you should prepare by reviewing the application questions

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the RNC and what experience do you have that would prepare you for this role?   Answer Question
    • Why are you a Republican?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were a leader   Answer Question

Spring Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RNC (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Submitted my resume and they got back to me within 24 hours to set up a phone interview within a week of my application. They asked basic questions and were very easy to talk to and polite. They informed me that I got the internship at the end of the interview.

Field Organizer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at RNC in September 2015.

Interview

I participated in two phone interviews with Deputy State Directors of the Field Program in Ohio, where they asked about my interest in the role, my prior experience with political campaigns and if I'd be willing to move for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at RNC (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Very easy. I applied online and had one phone interview before being offered the positions. Phone-screen was pretty basic, with no difficult questions. It went well, overall. I do wish someone had reached out to me via email about when they would be calling as I was caught a bit off guard and did not have time to prepare in advance for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a Republican?
      What issues matter most to you & why?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at RNC in February 2015.

Interview

Friendly interviewers with basic interview questions but also asked about party and political interests. They explained the nature of the program and the fact that interns would find out exact office or department placement after they accepted an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RNC (Washington, DC) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was over the phone. I submitted an application after a rep came to a college republicans meeting. He handed out applications and I submitted mine. A few days later I got a call for an interview. The interview was not that difficult. I just talked about myself and what other internships I have held/ why I wanted to work there. The woman who interviewed me was super nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.. unpaid