RNC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 21, 2017

2.0

Spring Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RNC (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Submitted my resume and they got back to me within 24 hours to set up a phone interview within a week of my application. They asked basic questions and were very easy to talk to and polite. They informed me that I got the internship at the end of the interview.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at RNC in February 2015.

Interview

Friendly interviewers with basic interview questions but also asked about party and political interests. They explained the nature of the program and the fact that interns would find out exact office or department placement after they accepted an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RNC (Washington, DC) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was over the phone. I submitted an application after a rep came to a college republicans meeting. He handed out applications and I submitted mine. A few days later I got a call for an interview. The interview was not that difficult. I just talked about myself and what other internships I have held/ why I wanted to work there. The woman who interviewed me was super nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.. unpaid

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RNC (Washington, DC) in May 2014.

Interview

Very quick. I sent in my application and she emailed about a phone interview a few days later. I was called up by one of the intern coordinators. She asked about 6 questions that were standard behavioral questions and then a couple questions regarding the RNC and why I wanted to work there. It lasted about 15 minutes. I didn't think that I did well but I ended up getting the internship.

Political Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RNC (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by Para bellum labs after applying to a position as a political data analyst. I was asked to complete a project for them so they could evaluate my skills. I was a bit put off that I was being asked to complete free work for them without even so much as a phone interview. I completed the project against my better judgment and spent a significant amount of time working on it (8-9 hours). I submitted the project on time to the contact at Para bellum labs, and no response at all. I assume they did not like my approach to the project, which is understandable. If you are going to ask for free work from candidates then you need to have the professionalism to give feedback to the candidates that submit the work. My field is a relatively small community and word travels quickly when companies treat candidates with no regard.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RNC (Cleveland, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

The process was simple required an interview and essay. I would have to first send my resume and then schedule an interview. I also know they do background checks to see if your a credible person.

Interview Questions

• Why will interning with RNC impact you in the future? How will you use this step?   Answer Question

Field Director Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at RNC in May 2012.

Interview

Straight forward. Was hired off a phone interview. I was referred through a friend. We discussed my experience and what I was looking for. Then we talked about the position and the structure of the state program.

Field Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at RNC (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2012.

Interview

Submitted resume, received a call from state director. Interview was pretty easy as it was hard for them to find people to work for them in that position. Interview was probably the best part of it.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RNC (Washington, DC) in April 2010.

Interview

Had to do an online application and then one phone interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for this position