RPM Advertising Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Sort:

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RPM Advertising (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Pre interview screening was very pleasant and friendly over the phone. Came in for a 1 hour conversation about the position. Discussed software capabilities, industry resources, and average turn around expectation and typical project requirements. Overall It was a pretty easy experience not taxing on knowledge or patience.

Interview Questions

• Skills, experience, resources, software packages, and hardware knowledge.   1 Answer

Media Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RPM Advertising (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

- Connected with HR by phone to review resume
    - Connected with team leader to interview over phone, mostly just asking about my previous experiences
    - Was hired in the next couple days

Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at RPM Advertising.

Interview

Very efficient- I was asked lots of great questions and the vibe was very good. It was very personal and they actually took the time to look over my resume before the interview.

Interview Questions

• I did not think they asked anything that was difficult, I previously worked on a similar structured account so I found the questions very clear.   Answer Question

I decided to change fields. Overall I would recommend the company based on my experience.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RPM Advertising (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

I received a call from HR. She spoke to me over the phone. Since I was definitely qualified for the job, she brought me in to meet with the supervisor and a VP. That was an interview with both of them at the same time. They both fired off questions to me. I knew someone who worked there so I kind of knew what to expect. My answers seemed to meet their expectations. Then I went home and waited a couple of days. They gave me a call back the same week and made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.
      What types of accounts have you managed in the past?
      Do you mind traveling to places like Wisconsin by car?
      Do you have any experience with the gaming industry?
      Are you comfortable putting in extra hours when needed?
      How long have you lived in Chicago?
      Nothing was terribly mind-blowing   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RPM Advertising.

Interview

Great, they were quick and all met at once

Interview

Standard interview for an entry level advertising job. They were more interested in desire over other things and didn't bother with the typical HR "where do you want to be in 5 years" kind of questions.

Interview Questions

• Talking about your experience for an entry level job is always tough.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RPM Advertising (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Received a call from Human Resources, was very clear about the job. Schedule an interview. Arrived met with Human Resources and then an Account Supervisor two Account Executives. Very easy to manage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RPM Advertising (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I did a phone interview first then I was later asked to come in and do an in person interview with the team. The whole process took about 4 weeks. I didn't hear anything back after my interview, which sucks because I really wanted the job and I would have appreciated if they at least told me they moved on with another candidate.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RPM Advertising (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Well, I went in for a talk about working in advertising and walked out with a job. If you have a bachelor's degree and don't do anything stupid along the way, I'm pretty sure you're fine.

Interview Questions

• There were no challenging questions.   1 Answer

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RPM Advertising (Chicago, IL).

Interview

HR invited me in for an interview with the CD. I was told that I would be required to complete a series of headlines and would be compensated for my time. I met with the CD and it went relatively well, completed the headlines and then met with the owner. Process took about 3 hours. All was well.

Later that week, I called HR to follow up about compensation for the headlines and about a decision timeline. All communication to that point had been over the phone, I assumed this was the preferred method of contact. HR was very unprofessional and hung up the phone shortly after "hello".

Never received compensation. Never received update about position.