Ragon Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ragon Institute Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ragon Institute

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ragon Institute (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Spoke with a post-doc at length about their research, my experience, what they're looking for, interests, etc. I read a bunch of relevant papers so that I was able to have an intelligible conversation

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ragon Institute.

Interview

Contacted by lab to arrange pre-interview with members of the lab. talked for ~20 minutes. Was then notified by email for on site interview to talk to post docs, the PI, and other technicians, as well as a tour of the lab.

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ragon Institute (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Got a phone call from one of the Principal Investigators at Ragon. We went through my resume from start to finish and talked about relevant biological and lab experiences I had in the past. Also talked about why why Ragon etc. The interview was approximately an hour. There wasn't anything technical.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ragon Institute (Cambridge, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Was asked about my previous experiences and how I would handle certain situations. Talked more about my resume. Was shown the lab area where the techs work and what my role would be.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you made a mistake and no one was around   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Ragon Institute (Cambridge, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

One interview and hired it was meeting with all of the postdocs and then going through a meeting with the PI to get a feel of the lab. it was my first interview. I arrived an hour early so i could relax.

Interview Questions

• very informal this depends on the lab of course I did most of the question asking and I think that got me the job. I knew the research inside out.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there is no negotioation

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ragon Institute.

Interview

Conference recruiting followed by 1-1 interview screening. All based on fit between PI needs and previous research. If you did you Ph.D in a well-known lab then fit is less important.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Standard starting salary and benefits

Research Technician Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ragon Institute in October 2010.

Interview

By email, I went in and talked to each person in the group for about 15 minutes and was told about the job and what it required. I was given the opportunity to ask questions, they said they could teach me the skills required. The people seemed nice and young, it just didn't work.