Realtor.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Realtor.com

2.6

Javascript Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Realtor.com (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

First round was a phone call with a recruiter who then scheduled me for a technical screening with a PM. The next phase was a simple coding challenge using React/Redux. After that, the PM scheduled a video interview to discuss my code with two of their developers. I was then brought in for an on-site where I pair programmed with a developer to tackle a bug on their website for an hour and then presented a project I worked on to the team.

Some of the team members were genuinely interested in my background and projects. I received both positive feedback and constructive criticism. Their senior developer and one of the interviewers worked remotely so he had to call in. This made the on-site feel somewhat awkward because it felt like I was doing an on-site and phone screening simultaneously.

After following up with the hiring manager, I was told a decision would be made early the next week, but I never heard back after 2+ weeks of waiting. I still received no response from the hiring manager after I thoughtfully informed him that I had moved on with another company and thanked him for the opportunity. For such a drawn out interview process, it was very disappointing that this company cannot extend the courtesy to respond to their on-site candidates. I would pass on this company. The wait does not seem to be worth the reward.

Interview Questions

• Pair programming exercise on a React Router related bug.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Realtor.com (San Jose, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

In Person interview is half-day, interviewed by 5 different people

Interview Questions

• What's your failure and how does it affect the process? What would you have done different?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Realtor.com (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

30 minute phone screen turns into technical trivia for 2 hours without notice. My time was not respected. Whenever I wanted to elaborate on a technical point the interviewer would cut me off because he said he had more trivia questions. Interview 2 was actually supposed to be technical. Interviewer went over resume for 8 minutes, decided not enough experience, then bailed out. I could've been told this over an email before or after the first 2 hour phone screen. Meanwhile I kept getting other recruiters asking me to apply to the same job I'd already interviewed for. It was a disrespectful experience.

Interview Questions

• What do the letters HTTP stand for? (feedback: lack of HTTP knowledge despite code portfolio)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Realtor.com (Morgantown, WV) in May 2018.

Interview

Total number of rounds - 4
    1 - recruiter screening phone call - around 15 min
    2 - technical call with the hiring manager - around 30 min
    3 - Home Test - a small project with bonus point tasks. In my case, it was a small react project which I completed within 48 hours
    4 - Final Technical Video Interview - around 1.5 hours long

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Realtor.com (San Jose, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Had a phone screen and then went onsite about a week later. Probably one of the most uncomfortable and least professional interview experiences I've ever had. One of the interviewers seemed annoyed the moment he walked in, could not stop looking at his phone and barely showed any interest in what I was saying. Another spent the majority of his time bragging about his own knowledge of "software development process" and bellitling my current job. This was a real interview? Did they even want to hire someone?

Interview Questions

• Design a system to count words in a million documents.   1 Answer

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Realtor.com (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview - Interviewer was totally arrogant and rude. He did not even ask me proper technical questions. Did not except this from this company. I would say - People should reject the company before they reject candidates.
    They already decided not to hire me, so they rejected me in just 2 minutes of phone interview ended.

I am very sad that this people do this with students' career.

Interview Questions

• Basic selenium question.
      He was behaving like he is king of testing !   1 Answer

Chief of Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Realtor.com (Campbell, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

The Talent Specialist caught me on my cell on Friday at 4:30 PM. We spent 45 min discussing the general terms of the job and very briefly my qualifications. She was very impressed and said she would call the next week to get the interview process going. 10 days later she left a very brief message that I am not a good fit. Although I didn’t get the job, I was glad to get the call, it's nice to know.

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Realtor.com (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Met with two managers. Adrian and Quan. They went over my resume and proceeded to ask questions about my past work history. Their main concern is sales. What are my selling methods.? Have I worked in a high demand sales quota type of industry. Etc...They ended with a role play in which I was given a scenario and had to play the role of a sales exec. The whole interview lasted about an hour. The managers were cool. The lifestyle is what I really noticed. What is he quality of life for these employees...including the managers...Really made me appreciate my life and where I live and the flexibility of the careers I have chosen. I am grateful I went on this interview even though the job was not offered. Sometimes it helps to see what you don't want.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with open ended questions ?   2 Answers

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Realtor.com (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Their corporate recruiter emailed me to setup a phone interview. The phone interview went very well. I told her about my past inside sales roles and experience with previous companies. Other topics of conversation was: were my quotas met, prospecting strategies, company cultures, daily routines in sales roles, etc. If you pass the phone interview you will then be scheduled for an in person interview. There were three people listed for me to meet, but I only met with one sales manager who trains the new hires. My first impression of her was that she didn't look like a salesperson at all. She had a list of questions and wrote down several notes on how you answered the questions. Questions asked: Tell me what you know about the company? Tell me what you know about the products and services? What do you know about the industry? How did you hit your quotas? Tell me the 5 step selling process? How did your past company evaluate those who do not hit their quotas? How many calls did you make a day? How do you take rejection? Also asked about a couple other inside sales strategies, if I knew them.

She then was rude and told me how I was never in "real" sales. Her version of sales is to be in a boiler room making 125 phone calls a day. Their department has a write up policy. So you will be terminated after 3 write ups for any reasons. If you make 124 phone calls, you will get written up. If you don't make quota for the month, you will get written up. Come back a minute after the 30 minute lunch, written up! She also made is seem that "real" sales is when you have dragons breathing down your neck to make all those calls or else you will get burned. I made 50 to 100 calls a day, closed at 80-90% to quota, made over two million a year in revenue, and have over 4 years of experience does not mean you have the right to tell I was never in "real" sales. So the whole 3 strikes and your out and her putting my sales experience down gave a distaste in my mouth.

So I passed the first round of the in person interview and went to the second round, The Role Play. I was given a cheat sheet of a realtor's problem scenario. Mine was a realtor from Texas who had 3 listings and different prices. It takes her 90 days to sell a home when it normally takes 60 days to sell a home in the area. The information gives a breakdown of how much her commission would be, house listings, addresses, and an explanation of the realtors problems. There was also a script at the bottom of the page of what an inside sales representative from realtor.com or move.com would say. I was given 10 minutes to prepare. Then she will turn around and then conduct the role play. Be prepared to close and use the selling techniques she discussed.

Interview Questions

• How many golf balls does it take to fill up a school bus?   3 Answers

I don't recommend working for this company if you want to have a stable career in sales. I got a job at CBS Radio as an Outside Sales Representative and love my job because CBS knows how to treat their sales employees right and don't give write ups for small things to get fired.

Intern Interview

Interview

Received the email for scheduled an interview but after long waiting has been told interview canceled... Don't be too happy when you received the invitation to the interview, they might be just put you in a wrong list...