Reddit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reddit (San Francisco, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

I had 3 onsite interviews total, no phone screening. Process spanned 2-3 weeks.

1. I first spoke with Head of Design, which was a 30-min intro chat. Introduced myself and got to ask whatever questions I had. I was told that my portfolio will be reviewed again before they reach back out.

2. Got an email a few days later to join in for the whiteboard challenge. I got the same prompt as other folks here, but to address that - I doubt the team is expecting a specific answer from the interviewee. I was told the exercise is for the team to see how we worked. In hindsight, I believe it's more about our general attitude when collaborating, reception to different ideas, attachment or unattachment to different design processes, etc. (Frankly, I was personally all over the place and jumbled over my words 😂)

3. I was invited back about a week later for a 3.5 hour onsite, which involves a portfolio review and a few 1-v-1s. I definitely got to know the team more here (which was harder to do in the previous two on-sites). I was personally very happy to see the team embracing my weirder projects, which aren't necessarily 'design'. There was a slew of interesting open-ended questions as we chatted. The people I talked to were open and friendly, and I hold true to that statement now! :)

Having worked for a couple of weeks, I genuinely think there's a great team here. Everyone works collaboratively to achieve overall success, with ideas/designs shared openly with each other. Busy schedule. Actually nice people!

Recruiter Interview

Interview

The process was relatively quick and went off without a hitch. I appreciated that the team was decisive and got back to me very quickly. Everyone I met was really kind and seemed like great people to work with.

Interview Questions

• Describe some highlights and some lowlights from your past role.
      Describe your approach to addressing diversity and inclusivity on a team that you've worked with.
      Tell us about a time you didn't have a great relationship with a hiring manager, and the steps you took to improve it.   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reddit (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

A 30 minute video call with the Head of Design, and a 1 hour whiteboard challenge challenge with ux design manager & head of design. Like many commented, they are extremely unprofessional and rude, I went into the interviews prepared for this after reading Glassdoor reviews. They will pause you mid sentence to text or write an email lol... actually found it amusing, but its really not fair. During whiteboard challenge, they did not respond or interact, probably because they weren't paying much attention. If they are bored with the challenge, why not change it? I hope someone on their team reads this, because this is really unfair to people who spend time and effort preparing to interview for people who are not even willing to give them a chance.

Interview Questions

• A lot of people have trouble paying for public transportation. How would you solve this problem?   2 Answers

Financial Product Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Reddit (San Francisco, CA) in June 2020.

Interview

I applied just over a month ago and got invited to a video interview. It was a little uncomfortable. He just made me feel very vulnerable and asked a lot of personal questions. He asked whether I (a woman) was single. He seemed to want to talk about my personal life more than my ability or aptitude for the role. The whole thing left me feeling a little bit vulnerable. I tried to evade the questions, but I feel like he was put off by that. They ghosted me after that.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online and I was automatically sent a CodeSignal assessment, which consisted of few coding questions while being timed. Didn't get through all the questions but finished 1 or 2. Medium Leetcode.

Interview Questions

• A sliding window problem, and another hashmap type problem. Unfortunately did not get to the other questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Reddit.

Interview

Reddit uses a 3rd party recruitment service named Impact Search. They reached out and I was open to scheduling phone calls. They proceeded to miss all three phone calls. There was no professionalism on their part.

Human Resources Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Reddit (San Francisco, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

The process was great and they asked thoughtful questions, which was helpful for me to show a lot about who I am, what I’ve done, and why.

There was a work assignment included, I thought it was fair and didn’t overly stress me out or take up too much time away from my actual job.

Overall, I felt like my time was valued and they were not just going through the motions... each interview felt worth the time and helped me make my final decision.

Interview Questions

• Why Reddit? What is it about the company that stands out to you?   Answer Question

Ad Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Reddit (New York, NY) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview process at Reddit was the most organized and seamless process. The recruiter was great on follow-ups and scheduling meetings. The process was a chat with the recruiter, a 30-45 minute call with the hiring manager, and then an on-site with 4-5 team members.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Reddit (San Francisco, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

Received a CodeSignal test in roughly a week. Got 3/4 problems completely solved while getting most of the test cases on the 4th to pass.

A week later, got contacted by recruiter for a phone interview. Recruiter didn’t show up for the first interview and had to reschedule and waited another week. Talked to recruiter for 15 minutes and the recruiter seemed to like me. The recruiter said my resume would be passed to the hiring manager.

I followed up once a week for the next two weeks and on the third week after the phone conversation with the recruiter, the recruiter messaged me that my resume had not been chosen by the hiring manager.

While that’s fine, I don’t really understand what the point of the talking to the recruiter, why couldn’t I just have been rejected by the manager? Instead I had to wait 3-4 weeks just to get rejected.

Interview Questions

• Why Reddit? What would you like to work on at Reddit? How would you improve Reddit.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reddit (San Francisco, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

First a recruiter reached out to me about the opportunity through email - it was a good fit with my experience. I spoke with her on the phone, then had a call with the hiring manager following by an onsite with six interviews. Two of those interviews were more technical in nature: white board sql/python and defining an algorithm. Sarah P. is a great recruiter - friendly, professional and very fast. I asked for additional information interviews that she was able to set them up very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received critical feedback, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • One hour technical advanced SQL and basic python screener.   Answer Question

Senior Client Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reddit (Chicago, IL) in February 2020.

Interview

Smooth interview process; as expected. The recruiting team was phenomenal, the interviewers were members of the team and broader management, all with fantastic dispositions, well-thought questions, and executed with a genuine desire to understand fit and potential for success.

Interview Questions

• Overall the questions were pointed to unpack fit within the role and company.   Answer Question