Reddit Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 167 of over 167 interviews

Recruiter16%
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Reddit

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reddit

Interview

1. I spoke with the recruiter 2. I spoke with the hiring manager 3. I had a video interviews in one day as the “onsite” phase The recruiter and hiring manager moved fast, and although it didn’t work out (they went with another candidate), I was impressed with their speed and communications. Overall a positive experience that makes me think of Reddit even more highly than before the process.

Interview Questions
  • Why would you want to work at Reddit?
    Answer Question

Reddit

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reddit

Interview

I applied online, had a brief call with the Recruiter, technical test + Q/A with a senior developer over Google Meet and code signal app. Overall: prepare well, work on the basics, no leetcode questions in initial call.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between GraphQL and Rest What is the difference between GET and POST

Reddit

Application

I interviewed at Reddit

Interview

A recruiter from Reddit reached out to me cold on LinkedIn to see if I would be interested in this role, and I was. While it was a lateral move for me, the prospect of working at a large scale tech company like Reddit was a goal of mine at the time and I knew this position was one I'd be able to execute on successfully. The interview was a set of 2 calls with a recruiter, and both went great. However, after a few weeks of no follow up, I was finally informed that the role was being restructured. I understand this happens in this industry but it was disappointing nonetheless, especially since they reached out to me. Disclaimer that this preceded the pandemic by a year, so ultimately I'm thankful this didn't work out as lots of roles like this disappeared last year.

Interview Questions
  • Tell about a process you had to establish and what problem it solved.

Reddit

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Reddit in Apr 2021

Interview

Seriously a great experience. Phone screen followed by a virtual onsite the next week. Onsite was 1 coding round, 3 domain knowledge rounds, and close with the hiring manager. Every round had good interviewers asking relevant questions. I ended up taking another opportunity but the interview, team, comp/benefits were all great. I wouldn't hesitate to seriously consider Reddit again next time I'm looking for a new role.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Reddit

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reddit

Interview

The overall interview process was incredibly seamless. My recruiter guided me the entire way through and I never felt unsure of what to expect next. Shout out to Esther! The entire process included four rounds: The first step was an interview with the recruiter, then I met with the hiring manager, followed by an assignment, and then capped off with a few virtual "onsite" interviews. The total time spent was ~month, and I'm now very excited to have accepted a role with the organization.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Reddit (San Francisco, CA) in Apr 2021

Interview

One of the best recruiting teams I've worked with. Recruiters are super responsive, transparent about comp/expectations, and work with you to find the right team/role match. Em (Head of Recruiting?) is a star. They're transparent with feedback so you walk away with either an offer, or having learned something, which is always great. They do have an exercise component for some roles, but it was reasonable/fun, and they pair it with the onsite (which means you're at least getting a chance to prove yourself if you do the exercise). The team is also really awesome. It's basically what you would expect based on the product. Everyone is pretty data-driven, cares about what they're building, and is smart. I would definitely recommend applying!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Reddit

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reddit

Interview

There was no initial phone interview with HR, which was nice. My first 30min meeting was with the person who is managing the team. I thought the interview went pretty well. Asked at the end if there was anything about me they'd like more clarity on or were concerned about and got a "no". Overall a pleasant chat. Got ghosted afterwards.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about you. (Your history/experience.) Talk through your process.

Reddit

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Reddit

Interview

Shortly after applying for the position, I had a phone screening with the recruiter. They asked standard screening questions and explained the rest of the process. There was a long wait to get to the next stage to have a technical interview. The technical interview was half Q&A and half live-coding. This interview aims not only to solve a technical problem but also to demonstrate how you articulate your ideas and collaborate with the interviewer. After passing the technical interview, we moved on to the panel interviews. The recruiter and their team moved quickly to schedule the interviews because I had another offer waiting. The interviews consisted of: - two coding challenges - one system design challenge - one product manager interview - one hiring manager interview The day wrapped up with a short debrief with the recruiter on my experience. I received a verbal offer later that day and the official offer a few days later. --- The technical interviews were pretty challenging, but the interviewers do everything they can to guide you in the right direction. --- Shout out to Andre, the recruiter I worked with. Andre made sure to check how I felt throughout the process and addressed all of my questions promptly!

Interview Questions
  • From 1 - 10, how would your manager rate you as a software engineer?

Reddit

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reddit in Mar 2021

Interview

A lady reached out to me a few weeks after I applied and scheduled me for a phone interview, which I felt went quite well. With that being said, it has been 2 weeks since my interview, and even after a follow-up email inquiring about my candidacy, she hasn't responded. Whilst I get companies and staff are busy, I really don't understand this whole ghosting culture, which sadly seems to be becoming the norm during interview processes. A lot of people are desperate to get a job right now, especially with a company they think highly of. We also take time out of our days for these interviews and are anxiously waiting to hear back to know if we made it to the next phase, so when the interviewer doesn't even have the decency to send a quick "we moved on with other candidates," email after you have sent a follow-up, it is very disappointing.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reddit (New York, NY) in Mar 2021

Interview

The interview process was similar to other FAANG companies: 1) Recruiter Screen 2) Manager Screen 3) Virtual/In-Person Onsite 4) Debrief 5) Offer or Decline The recruiter that I worked with was very considerate of my time constraints and offered to setup conversations with team members who could give me insights into data and culture. I paid a lot of attention to the makeup of the interview panel and felt that it included a range of perspectives and communication styles.

Interview Questions
  • Q1: The interviewer described a high level stack and asked, "Where do you think the biggest pain points in the stack would come from?" Q2: How would you design a product or program to improve the quality of the home feed over time? Q3: What does a good day at work look like for you? What does a bad day at work look like for you?

Reddit

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Reddit

Interview

One short screening call for 30 minutes and then one hour technical interview with an engineer from the team. HR has been the primary person for contact and handled the situation quite well, communicating frequently, giving the tips and explaining the process and what to expect. Screening call was about my previous experience and work style, and also for me to clarify what are the goals and direction of the team. Technical interview was based on concept understanding and decision making, with the majority of questions being about multi-threading, data structures and web-app development. There were no white-boarding questions. Interviewer was really nice and it felt like just chatting with a friend. I didn't get the offer and this was communicated to me in just a few days after the interview which I appreciated. I have asked for feedback but didn't get any response. Still, overall it was good, and I knew which questions I didn't answer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 167 Interviews