Redgate Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

3.3

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Redgate Software (Pasadena, CA).

Interview

Fairly in line with the other reviews. Phone screening and then a phone interview with manager. Then an in-person which is a 2 part interview. It used to be 2 separate interviews but they were transparent in saying that if you do not make it through the first part, then they'll just say thanks but they're going a different direction and you won't continue to the second half that day.
    First part is standard, why sales, why this and that, Resume overview, background, etc. Then you are required to do a presentation on the topic they gave you.
    I was asked to stay for the 2nd half. The 2nd part consists of various scenarios in which you are asked how you would handle it. Then you get 10 minutes to prepare for a mock call where you call the manager (theyre in another room on speaker) and you play out the scenario. They give you CRM notes.

The company has a flat management structure, seems to have good work life balance, and people here seem generally happy.

Given the fact that it was my sales job back when I interviewed with them, I could have done better on the mock calls. It was good experience that ended up getting me my first sales job for a better company.

Note: Be aware however of what this position is. You are not paid commission which is spun as a positive but in actuality this is a very good position to get your feet wet with experience for about a year. The draw of sales is the high pay so getting paid $45-55 (max) with no chance at promotion is a dead end job with high churn. Great for students and people with no sales experience but there is no promotion structure. The general sense I got was they will treat you well, train you and it will be a good time with a decent entry level salary while you are there, but you will leave to better and greater things once the experience you gain surpasses the position. They actually said this.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Redgate Software in September 2015.

Interview

Great prompt communication with HR, r/c e-mail for phone interview within 1 week. Interviewer called me at right time and was very friendly. Lasted about 30 minutes. Asked question about my background and the nature of work - a lot of program/software related questions. R/c follow-up e-mail within 1.5 week that I didn't get approved for in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about SQL?
      What do you like and not like about MAC and PC?
      When/how did you extend extra customer service?
      Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Redgate Software.

Interview

1. Phone Chat
    2. Technical Assessment in addition to two case studies and a sales role play
    3. Behavioral Interview

The sales team is looking for a particular type of person who knows about consultative sales esp. SPIN selling. The interview was difficult but a great learning experience!

Software Sales Person Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Redgate Software.

Interview

The interviews are casual, but very thorough. It is important to the company that you fit into the culture and have drive and motivation to succeed. Eagerness to learn and better yourself is also important. There are 3 interviews total, one phone screen and two in-person interviews. The phone interview will go over your previous experience, why you want to work at this company, and why you want the position. It is also to screen your phone manner. The first in-person interview will go more in-depth about your previous experience and how you apply your experience to the position. It is also very much about personality at this point and what kind of management style you work best in. The second in-person interview will include a presentation, where HR gives you a question ahead of time and you must demonstrate the ability to clearly articulate technical knowledge. This presentation also tests your ability to learn technical knowledge and how you present this knowledge.

Make sure you are able to go in-depth with your previous experience if need be--they will catch any/all BS that you make up by continuously asking follow-up questions if they think you're lying. It is important that you ask questions and be yourself in these interviews as that is critically important to this company when hiring anyone.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position? Why Red Gate?   2 Answers

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Redgate Software (Pasadena, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, followed by a face to face interview. this was the most challenging. they want you to do a presentation on how the Internet works and you're to explain it in layman's terms, aka to someone who is not technical. the purpose is to see how well you can learn technical concepts and word them in the most easy to understand way. after this, there's a second face to face interview to see how good of a cultural fit you are for the company. if you're progressive and articulate, you'll get the job.

Renewal Sales Representative - Trainee Software Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Redgate Software (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I've applied to Redgate directly in January 2017 for the position "Renewal Sales Representative". After one week, I've been asked to an introductory call with HR, kind of screening. I've replied immediately but for another week anything back till HR got back to me and asked if I was happy to pass my details to a recruitment agency which I allowed.

After few hours the recruitment agency contacted me and ask to meet face to face in the company's office. The first meeting has been about my past/current experiences, what I can bring to the role etc. It has been around 50 minutes.

One week later the recruitment agency (Spencer Maguire) got back to me and invited me to one day assessment day 4 weeks later.

From "Renewal Sales Representative", the job title changed to "Trainee Software Sales" and the tasks were different with sales tasks. I've asked to the recruitment agency and they said that Redgate changed.

We were around 25 people divided in 3 groups.

The assessment day was divided
    - Morning session, 5 minutes presentation (PowerPoint, Flip Chart, Handout, Brochure, Prezzie or simply stand and present back etc…) on what SQL Compare is, what it does, what it can be used for and why people would want to use it. The presentation was in front of a panel of 2 people.
    - Mid morning, group activity about what would you like to introduce to Redgate. We sat down for 30 minutes and then we pitched.
    - Afternoon session, an Elevator Pitch about Redgate being able to pitch us based on what you’ve learnt, as well as what you will bring to the role.

While one group was doing an activity, the others were doing the other one.

We had the outcome on the same day and I wasn't successful so can't comment any further to the extra activity that the other 8/10 people had.

The recruitment agency promised a reply with the personal feedback on the following working day. Since then (one month and a week) I am still waiting despite 2 requests.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Redgate Software (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial telescreen interview of around 20 minutes, followed by 2 face to face interviews of about 2 hours each.

Fast response after submitting my application online (less than 24 hours), and a really quick feedback after each interview telling me of the outcome. The People team are very helpful and friendly.

The interviews were very thorough and involved on-the-spot assessments. The interviewers were welcoming and encouraging. I felt I was given adequate opportunities to prove my suitability for the job.

Interview Questions

• Write an advert for one of their products under timed conditions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Redgate Software.

Interview

The HR personnel is a joke in all fairness. Most of the people who work or worked there were hired by the buddy system, not prepared to perform the job and lacking skills to actually deal with people on a professional level which is required when it comes to dealing with HR. The recruiters don't realise what is actually required for the job positions, and when it comes to outsourcing they will turn anyone qualified in the preference of people who never worked in HR to perform a demanding role. It's not surprising knowing none of them actually holds a relevant qualification and are afraid they would quickly become redundant because of their redundancy.
    Really really appealing. If you have any self respect as a HR professional avoid with a huge circle.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you could contribute to this role - Joke of a question not relevant to anything.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Redgate Software (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Three step interview, went pretty fast, no HR type questions to deal with. First was a skype interview with a quick code writing test, then a 2 hour technical interview with two engineers from the company. The last interview lasted for about 45 minutes and was just a conversation about me, about the company and how I would fit in.

User Experience Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Redgate Software.

Interview

I was informed via email that I was going to have a telephone interview with two people from the company. They were prompt in calling me and very friendly on the phone. The interview was based on what I knew about Redgate and how my previous experiences help in user experience. They mostly focused on extra curricular activities and not on my degree.

Interview Questions

• What I know of Redgate
      How my previous experiences help in User Experience