Redwood Credit Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Redwood Credit Union (Santa Rosa, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

It was the typical hiring process. Phone screen, panel interview, finalist then go to a final interview. I would recommend doing research on the company because they asked questions on what you know about RCU. Also, community involvement is very important as well as flexibility.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about your background and education. Asked about community involvement and long term career goals. Asked about interpersonal relationships, and service questions. Asked about salary requirements and whether or not I did research on the company.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Redwood Credit Union (Santa Rosa, CA).

Interview

phone interview, followed up by multiple in person interviews. Longest process of any company, actually had this happen twice and had accepted another offer each time 5 years apart.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Redwood Credit Union (Santa Rosa, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Be prepared to interviewed over a 2-3 month period anywhere from 8-10 times. The culture is cult like and they keep bringing it up in every session. You interview with everyone up to the CEO, however, he doesn't make the final decision on whether or not you are hired which is completely strange.

Programmer III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Redwood Credit Union.

Interview

Pretty low salaries and very ordinary benefits. So didn't want to proceed further (total of 4 or 5 interviews). They pay low because it's a non-profit. Combine my reviews with the other ones on Glassdoor and you get the idea :-)

Interview Questions

• Why'd you want to move?
      What do you do at your current job?   Answer Question

Actually I didn't get an offer as I refused to proceed with future interviews due to very low salary.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Redwood Credit Union in December 2010.

Interview

Received phone call to schedule phone interview. After passing phone interview scheduled in person interview. Met with multiple leaders. Soon to be boss was wearing jeans to the interview. Awkward for a financial institution. Interview was pleasant and pretty typical. No surprises. I was allowed to ask a number of questions and got a good feeling for the company.

Interview Questions

• There were none. They asked nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Back Office Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Redwood Credit Union in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was not a favorable experience at all for me. The recruiter was rude and rambled on like he was reading from a script. He was more negative than positive toward me. In a job market where good quality candidates are hard to find, he should be happy and more receptive toward applicants. Major attitude. Even if he called me to come in for interviews, I would opt not to proceed. First impressions go both ways and he is not a good representative for a community focused organization. Pass.

Interview Questions

• Many scripted old school type of questions. Odd for a recruiter to drill someone versus being more technical to discuss the actual job skills required.   Answer Question

Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Redwood Credit Union (Santa Rosa, CA).

Interview

I'm surprised the previous interviews where not quite to their liking, however I do know that people are more likely to post about negative experiences than positive. Since I had a good experience, I wanted to showcase what my experience was. I applied online, had three interviews (one phone and two in person) and it took about 2 weeks to get an offer. Both interviews were about the culture and what the position entails, which was straightforward and they allowed me to ask questions as well. Everyone was very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had a difficult customer and how the issue was resolved   1 Answer

Loan Processor Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Redwood Credit Union in May 2016.

Interview

Extremely low pay scale and HR doesnt really know what to do to make up for it in the interview.

I was given a rehearsed message about the CEO, and all about how great he was. I'm sure he's a very nice man but it came off as sounding like the hr manager I interviewed with was a bit brainwashed.

I was asked about a time I had to deliver bad news to a customer, and also about what the largest value loan I'd ever processed was.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Redwood Credit Union (Santa Rosa, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The process has multiple steps. As a Mgr, you have a phone interview w/the recruiter who also outlines specifics about the benefits and wage range. Once you make it thru that, you have at least three more face to face interviews. One with the hiring Mgr and their boss which was more anger to know you conversation, one with a few employees with scripted questions, one with the CEO and possibly another. In my opinion, a bit of overkill.

Interview Questions

• Basic tell me when and how would you address questions, so one should have stories prepared.   Answer Question

Senior Webmaster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Redwood Credit Union (Santa Rosa, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

There are rougly around 10 rounds of interviews before you are told that they are planning to hire internally for this position. One of the most unprofessional places to interview for. In between two interviews expect atleast 15 -20 days of non-communication. Given the title of the position do not expect a lot of technical questions, There is just one round of technical intenrview and the rest is all behavioral and personality related interviews.

Interview Questions

• How well can you rate your credit union experience.   1 Answer