Regent University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Regent University Interview Questions

Interviews at Regent University

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Regent University (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

You are in a room with about 8 people who will interview you. It's a "speed dating" type feel where you go to various tables and have a couple minutes with each person. It seems a tad overwhelming but they seemed to really be drawn to the people who were light hearted and smiled a lot. Just try to be yourself as much as you can, and talk about your faith.

Interview Questions

• How has your faith played a role in your work? Why do you like what Regents mission statement?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No they were firm on what they would pay, but they are flexible on the positions you may qualify for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Regent University (Virginia Beach, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Two stage process - phone screen followed by in person panel interview. Up front and personable, described position clearly and expectations. Actually applied in 2014, but was contacted in 2015.

Clear objectives for the position were communicated, as well as showing how they promote from within and have consistency in the department (all people in the panel have been with RU for a minimum of 10 years).

Chose not to continue the process based on my perception of how I fit into the organization. Pleasant overall.

Interview Questions

• Have you had a time where you did not get along with a coworker - superior, peer or direct report? How did you handle that?

How can you take your customer service background and translate that into our needs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Regent University (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Asked a bunch of random questions, doesn't care about previous work experience, asked to do sales role playing, and feelings about Christianity. They ask how you are at sales and what your personality type is.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Regent University (Virginia Beach, VA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied Online. Was reached out to and had an initial interview over the phone. Was invited for a group interview with a total of about 12 people. The group interview was fun and was also a sales training. Was contacted a few days later with an offer for the job. They requested a decision of acceptance in a couple days.

Interview Questions

• What are values key to working at Regent?
      What are good ways to overcome objections?
      How would respond in such and such scenario?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Regent University (Virginia Beach, VA) in October 2018.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by a group interview. All the hiring managers for the departments are there and they present mock scenarios to see how you would handle it.

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable talking with older people about God?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Regent University (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

Was fairly basic. My skills were known to the person who hired me, and it was more a formality at that point than anything else. But I was able to use it to get a good handle on the job expectations.

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

Very straightforward and low stress. I was asked some typical questions and it felt more like a conversation than an interview. It was very easy to walk in and talk to them.

Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Regent University.

Interview

Very laid back, encouraging, and respectful interview. I felt very welcome. They asked if I had any experience in print design. Definitely wanted to know about my faith and if I was a Christian.

Financial Aid Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Regent University (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

began with one-on-one interview with Financial Aid Director, then was called back for a second interview with the entire office staff. the experience was great as everyone was able to provide input in the hiring process based on how the interview went.

Interview Questions

• What kind of financial aid experience do you have?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about handling a difficult situation with a potential student and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Video Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Regent University (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

I was interviewed by the entire department at one time... like a group interview with me alone. A little intimidating. Each department member was free to ask me questions and most did. I found myself a little unprepared for that.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know if I saw myself as a team player or someone who like to work alone.   1 Answer