Republic Airways Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Republic Airways

2.3

1. Featured Interview

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Republic Airways in October 2018.

Interview

Very straightforward and fun!
    I had the video interview, afterwards I received a cal for a CJO! Overall it took about a month. The phone call I received a little after a week from the VI. The lady I spoke to on the phone was very kind and easy to talk to! If anyone is going to the training date on Jan 7th let me know! I’m looking forward to meeting and flying with you all! See you in the air.

Interview Questions

• Example of great customer experience   2 Answers
    • How will you adapt to not knowing your base   1 Answer

Aircraft Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Republic Airways (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2008.

Interview

Straight forward interview with the hiring manager (manager of dispatch) and human resources recruiter. Basic normal HR questions you'd expect anywhere, a few dispatch related questions specific to the position. The hard part was actually getting to Indianapolis, RAH only flies you standby for the interview. My first attempt I made it to ORD, but couldn't get a seat on a plane to IND, so I had to turn around, go home, and try a week later. That part seemed unprofessional. But all told, it was a good offer and company to accept the offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Republic Airways.

Interview

The first 20 minutes were with an HR person with the dispatch manager sitting in the room just listening. All questions were the normal "tell me about a time" or "why do you want to leave your current job". After that the next 15 min or so were in the dispatch manager's office. 5-6 questions about dispatching, then a brief tour of the office

Aircraft Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Republic Airways (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2014.

Interview

Very chaotic, multiple recruiters would call and set up dates then cancel, the actual interview itself went well it was with a small panel and included a tour of the facility. Then after the interview there was no contact for months, I believed I was not selected until they called and made an offer and told me I would have to start in 5 days.

Interview Questions

• Mostly standard HR questions like tell me about yourself, and why should we hire you. Then several job specific technical questions like what is the 1-2-3 rule or what are icing conditions.   1 Answer

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Republic Airways (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Took roughly a month for the entire process which is much faster than the Major Airlines. The position I had applied for was in Chicago, so they flew me out there for a face to face. The interview was given by a Maintenance Manager and an HR Representative. The HR Representative gave the typical HR questions such as "What's your favorite part of the job you have now.....then least favorite part", "Why do you want to come work for us?", "What do you know about our company?", etc. The Maintenance Manager gave me a brief run down of their operations, as I have experience, but no Line Maintenance Experience. Then went on to ask me for a few ATA codes, a few Situational's (i.e. "If you noticed there was a fuel leak (leaving out where it was coming from and how severe it was) with a plane full of passengers, what would you do?", and then went on to talk about minimum tooling and a day to day description such as hours and shifts. Nothing intense at all. Very relaxed interview. We even got to joking a bit and talking about our favorite Aircraft to work on.

Interview Questions

• If you noticed a Landing Light INOP on walk-around, plane's full about to leave, what would you do?   1 Answer

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Republic Airways (Columbus, OH).

Interview

It was brief pretty much do you have a heartbeat, A&P, and willing to work for 16.45 an hour to start. They since had new management changes but this airline is really looking for people getting out of 147 school. If you don't get a job offer its probably because you asked for too much pay be flexible and open to the low pay offer then hear out the experience bump it was not the best but better then unemployment.

Interview Questions

• Do you know certain ATA codes   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Republic Airways (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2018.

Interview

The talent aquistion purposely called me in for an interview to waste my time. She was extremely unprofessional during this process. Overall, this was the worst experience I have ever had with an interview and I've been to my fair share of them.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Airways.

Interview

Submitted a resume online. They emailed back about 2 weeks later with instructions on how to complete a video interview online. I answered questions via a video interview online. The computer asks you a question and your webcam records your response. You can do several retakes before submitting your final response.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I've never heard of interns making $18 per hour, so I just accepted it.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Republic Airways (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

There was a one way interview where I just recorded my answers on a video and then they called to offer me the position. I had 3 questions and got to rerecord as many times as I wanted and then submitted them. They called me back within a week to offer me a job.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to get out of this internship?
      What skills make you a good candidate?   Answer Question

Material Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Republic Airways (Columbus, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

Choppy not well done. The supervisor who sat in was more clear and perfessional then the manager. Manager is very soft spoken and mumbles. The supervisor after the fact was the one who suggested for me to apply for an available higher position. Manager seemed disinterested in anything more then his format. Very basic and dry

Material Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Republic Airways (Charlotte, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

I filled the application online. Got a call the next day. Did the phone interview. The lady said she will contact me whenever the manager touches down in Charlotte, NC where I will be based. Schedule my interview the beginning of the week. The manager was very cool. He was straight forward. Even though I suck at being interviewed cause I get nervous. He helped me overcome it. So after impatiently waiting, the lady called me and asked if I was still interested in the position and I accepted the offer! Really excited! It will be my first time flying. Just like everyone says. Just relax and be yourself.