Restaurant Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Restaurant Technologies Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Restaurant Technologies (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from the corporate recruiter after only a few days to set up a time for a phone interview. I prepared extensively for the interview and was more than ready for the call.

The recruiter called at the appropriate time and was very pleasant. He immediately asked what I knew about the company, and I was more than ready. After a few minutes of talking about RTI's operations, mission, and strategy, we jumped into my resume and background. We went over everything, especially my several years of management experience.

After that, he asked if I had any questions for him and I had many prepared. I followed up on things that he had mentioned about the position or company, and did a great job of keeping the conversation from turning into an interrogation with typical questions/answers only. It went well, and the whole interview was over after about 45 minutes. He promised to follow up with me either way within 2-3 days.

I was EXTREMELY surprised when he emailed 2 days later saying that they weren't interested. As in, I actually can't believe that I didn't get a second interview. I have a very hard time believing that I wasn't qualified and that there were multiple people who did better than me or had more experience. I'm not cocky or overconfident, either. There are times when you know you shouldn't get a job or maybe something's a bit of a reach, and times when you know you're qualified. If this was just the initial phone screen and they were planning on interviewing 4 or 5 people in person, I literally can't believe that I didn't make the cut.

A few things did stand out to me that make me question what their plan is:

- When I asked why they were looking to fill this position, he said that it was due to a mis-hire. The previous person was just the wrong guy for the job and he ended up hiring a bunch of friends and letting the depot go downhill.

- The recruiter mentioned that their interview process has changed recently. The current structure is: phone interview, in-person interview at a depot, and corporate interview in Minneapolis. The last stage seems a bit extreme, especially for what is essentially a middle management position. He even mentioned that if the CEO was available, he would meet with potential candidates.

- The recruiter hardly asked any follow-up questions about my experience, other than to go over the basics of my resume. He asked very little about my management experience, in particular.

All of these things make me think that they're looking for a "perfect" candidate that doesn't exist. I think they're gun-shy about hiring the wrong person, and it looks like several other people on glassdoor have had that experience. I get the impression that they're not actually looking to hire for the position any time soon, and their interview process reflects that belief.

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Restaurant Technologies (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screen, and received feedback the next day that I was moving to the next step. I had an interview at HQ, where the person I interviewed liked my background, and said she wanted to bring me back to meet several people and that she would have her assistant contact me to schedule time.
    Well 4 weeks later, still no response. I am ok not working there, but please, have the courtesy to say thanks but no thanks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Restaurant Technologies (Nashville, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

Five phone interviews, then drive 300 miles for a face to face interview. Did not offer to reimburse my mileage. Could tell by body language that the interview was a dead-end. All the phone interviews asked same questions, but gave different views of job position.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Restaurant Technologies in February 2016.

Interview

Took the time to look them over on LinkedIn, then it sends you to their website and then sends you to ADP online application. While they seem to be focused on getting Likes or Followers on their Social Media Accounts.

Interview Questions

• While we are impressed with your resume, we have chosen to go another route.   1 Answer

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mendota Heights, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Restaurant Technologies (Mendota Heights, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

Recruiter had contacted me after my application to schedule an interview, and made herself available to me to contact her anytime throughout the process. After the initial phone interview, I scheduled a 1:1 with the hiring manager and department head and I was given a flexible number of times in order to come in without inconvenience. Not long after my in-person interview, I was given an offer and accepted. They gave me two weeks without me even needing to ask, so I had time to put in a full notice to my previous employer.

Interview Questions

• Interview was more a discussion where I just talked about my background, and answered more detailed about how I accomplished various job functions. I had the opportunity to ask questions in return as well. No stuffy questions given. Everyone was positive and very easy to talk to. Great company environment.   1 Answer

Office Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mendota Heights, MN

Interview

I met with several people for an office position. During the process I was told that I would hear back from them the following week to schedule another round of interviews, I did not hear from them the following week so after 3 weeks I reached back out to them only to be told that they were still interviewing and would contact me the next week. Unfortunately it was the last time I heard anything. I fully understand that I may not have been the best candidate for the role but believe that after you interview someone you should at least send a update, thanking them for their interest. I have always followed this rule when interviewing new candidates as it is the professional thing to do, I am surprised they did not as everyone was very nice and professional.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mendota Heights, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Restaurant Technologies (Mendota Heights, MN) in December 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter, then a phone interview with my direct supervisor the same day. After that, I went in for an in-person interview for 2 hours. That was the final interview and then I found out via text an offer was on it's way. The formal offer letter was then emailed to me.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, there were no difficult questions asked. I thought the only good part of the interview was ensuring my account management philosophy was in line with theirs, and it was, on the surface.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Restaurant Technologies (San Antonio, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I responded to a job posting on LinkedIn, to which the recruiter responded within 24-hours. From there it was a phone interview with my Regional Sales Manager in California, followed by one with the National Sales Manager, then one final interview with the RSM. After all this, I had to take a personality assessment, and two weeks later was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you a "Hunter" or a "Farmer?"   1 Answer

Distribution Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Restaurant Technologies (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter from Minnesota. Had a great 20 min interview I thought. Was told a gm from LA really liked my resume. He then called me to setup an interview. Later in the day we talked, asked me to come by to tour his plant. He stated I was his guy. Then, never called me back. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Restaurant Technologies.

Interview

It was a four step process. It took over a month to complete. Most with hiring manager and others with other regional manager, recruiter, and gm of branch.

Interview Questions

• So why do you you want to work with RTI?
      Why do you think you will be a good fit?
      Any ideas on how you can be successful?   Answer Question