RevZilla Interview Questions

Updated Jan 13, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 10 of over 10 interviews

3.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at RevZilla

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I interviewed at RevZilla (United States)

Interview

I thought it was great. I first interviewed with an HR rep and had a great conversation. It then progressed to a few team members and it overall was a great experience.

Interview Questions
  • What would your super power be?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I interviewed at RevZilla (United States)

Interview

I got to the second round phone interview with Chris. He seemed like a nice guy but I got the sense through his questions this company was delusional and had obscene standards for an entry-level position. Apparently, this company has had issues with upper management being sued and corrupt. They did not even offer any relocation package, a bad sign of a company.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RevZilla (Philadelphia, PA) in Feb 2019

Interview

I was interviewed by a few sets of people but they were all very friendly and asked questions relevant to my experience, the job I was applying for, and about me personally. It was a long interview but I got to know alot about the company and people working there as well as what I would be expected to do.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RevZilla (Phila, PA) in Jan 2019

Interview

I had a very pleasant conversation with someone in HR who was also very responsive to following emails. They then asked me to provide an assignment as part 2 of the process. I got a direct response from the Creative Director rejecting my application but offered to keep in touch. Although I was disappointed and didn't really think they were being 100% honest (they said they didn't have time to help onboard someone to compensate for lack of domain knowledge, although I know they've been searching for this position for months - still searching actually), they were way nicer than average employer in responding so I wouldn't discourage anyone from applying.

Interview Questions
  • How do you currently work with your team? Tell us about how you manage their workload.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RevZilla (Philadelphia, PA) in Nov 2018

Interview

Pleasant and easy going interviewers, they made me feel very comfortable, I was asked several challenging questions and was not prepared with enough questions for them. I also did not have proper experience for the role. Visual designer is a vague term for the digital marketing position it actually was.

Interview Questions
  • I had PA history as an interest on my resume and an interviewer asked me to give him an example of some Pennsylvania history, be prepared to talk about anything on the resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at RevZilla (Philadelphia, PA) in Feb 2018

Interview

First I applied online. Then, I received an email from their in-house recruiter the next day to setup a brief phone conversation with their CTO. During the phone conversation, we've talked about so many potential things to improve their e-commerce platform. I didn't say these stuff just to impress the hiring person (like many job seekers do) but I genuinely showed interest to become a great asset to them because I do believe I am. The next day, I received an email from the recruiter to complete their Career History Form online which asks you from the point you learn your own programming language towards your experience in the software development field. Then a week later, the recruiter emailed me to setup an onsite interview at their actual warehouse location. The interview lasted for 3-4hours and I was interviewed by four software developers, one manager, and the CTO. Mostly my conversations were my passion to build tools and frameworks in the Go programming language but I revealed to them that I don't have any experience in Elixir while holding that I am able to learn it. Just because I have no knowledge with the Elixir language doesn't mean I will never show interest with the said language in the long run. They also asked me about a career gap in my resume. Then the CTO, when he was the last person to interview, concluded the interview and explained that there might be another interview with the team and eventually an offer. Result: I didn't make it. I assumed that it turned out really great but a week later when I received an email from the CTO himself that they couldn't move forward in my candidacy because they were more successful with members who show strong interests on working using the Elixir programming language (as part of their stack), functional programming, and a strong desire to build and maintain their hallmark product. It is noteworthy that the CTO's email indicated that it was somehow the team (who I had been interviewed with) influenced the decision that they have agreed that they were more successful working with colleagues sharing common knowledge of the programming language they're using. Further, they've only recently migrated to the Elixir programming language. My take is that the success to a person and the company are not only tied up to the programming language they are using. It is actually the person who directs that success if the person is willing to do it. I believed I was able to demonstrate that to the interview. My advice for potential job seekers applying to RevZilla: It is another lesson learned to be used towards my job search. Even though their job posting states that the RIGHT candidate doesn't need to show any experience to the listed "right tools for the job" but as long as the candidate has experiences to any mainstream programming language and scripting language---despite that they're only looking for someone who shows strong interests to the Elixir programming language, functional programming and the strong desire to build and maintain their platform---always make sure that you have at least an experience with the stack they're using. They are looking for someone who shows interests to the main stack they're using. Otherwise, it would be a complete waste of time for you. Even though I wasn't able to express any interests to the stack they're using during the interview, I am a firm believer of having interests in software development and professionalism. A particular programming language shouldn't be a dealbreaker especially when they have recently migrated to a programming language because in the end, a programming language is just merely a tool to translate ideas into 0's and 1's. The least thing you should think of is that the team doesn't actually like you for whatever reason, not professionally-related. I find it really funny to think that, rather than thinking that as a reason why I didn't make it to the next hiring process. It's really sad because I really do think there's a LOT of potential things to add in their e-commerce platform and my hope for the company is to give an extra mile of seriousness in considering candidates.

Interview Questions
  • What was I doing during the last year of the employment gap?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RevZilla (Philadelphia, PA)

Interview

I scheduled a call for a phone screening. During the phone screening I was asked how I came to love Ruby development and I explained that I used to be a WordPress PHP developer and some of the differences that I noticed that made Ruby on Rails great for me personally and the interviewer began getting upset saying you cannot compare the two programming languages. I reminded the interviewer I was not doing a compare and contrast, I was answering the question, "How do you end up becoming a Ruby on Rails developer?". After that the rest is a fog since it left a bad taste in my mouth. Never in my career, have I had someone on a screening phase of an interview want to get into a debate and misunderstand an answer to a question they asked.

Interview Questions
  • How did you become a Ruby on Rails Developer?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at RevZilla (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016

Interview

The interview process includes multiple calls with both recruiters and potential managers, plus multiple visits for in-house interviews. The interviews are FAR more focused on cultural fit and personality than specific skills and abilities, especially for non-tech jobs. Be prepared to go very, very in-depth about both your work and personal history--it's RevZilla's way of weeding out jerks and trying to figure out your motives, ambitions, and goals. If you are introspective and care about this job, you'll love the interview process--if you don't care, or have a lot of skeletons in the closet that you don't want to uncover, you will struggle with the depth of this process.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RevZilla (United States) in Feb 2015

Interview

Applied online and then went through a phone screening. After asking a question about salary (full time with benefits vs hourly pay) , they declined to move me forward in the process.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at RevZilla (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2013

Interview

The longest application process of any job I've ever interviewed for. At the tie I was hired, they were using a process that included an application as long as the Dead Sea Scrolls.

5 people found this interview helpful