Rickman Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rickman Group

Communications Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rickman Group (Providence, RI) in June 2013.

Interview

When I applied for this position, I was contacted the same day via email. I was asked to call and schedule an interview at my earliest convenience. I called, and the person I was supposed to contact wasn't there, so I left a message and wrote a follow-up email. My contact person scheduled my interview via email, and then cancelled it, saying they were putting off their employee search and gave me a specific day and time to call back the following week. When I called, the contact person was not--for a second time-- in his office, so I left a message and emailed him. After several days, he returned my email and asked me to call yet again. I was finally able to speak with him and we scheduled an interview.

When I arrived at my interview, Mr. Rickman did not have my resume, so I handed him my portfolio, which included my resume. It seemed as if this was the first time he had even looked at my resume or writing. After briefly discussing how many employees he had fired in the last year, he went on to discuss how I had "never had a real job" because I had listed some recent volunteer experiences (I had also listed some jobs that were, indeed, quite real). He went on several tangents about how he didn't understood the conventional interview process and asked me what interviewers normally ask. I gave him a few examples, including "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" He replied that that's a "silly question" and that "nobody wants a career anymore." He said "all the facts" support his claim that the younger generations are, essentially, worthless.

After berating me for about ten minutes, he told me I should leave because this wasn't going to work. I gladly did.

It would have been simpler for Mr. Rickman or one of his colleagues to send me a "no thank you" email in response to my application, but it seems as if he enjoys harassing people who he finds unfit to work at his company. I recently learned that my friend's boyfriend went through the same experience about a year ago, for the same position.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your rating?   1 Answer