Rijksuniversiteit Groningen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rijksuniversiteit Groningen Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2017

2.9

PhD Student Interview

Interview

Was hired after doing a MsC project there.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rijksuniversiteit Groningen.

Interview

none in my field was at the interview and the management there did everything they could to put down my work and my obvious achievement. It was clear that none read the application material but still kept on being inappropriate and rude and even pretending to know how a field that was not theirs worked. The most inappropriate and rude people I have so far met in the profession.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Groningen (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (Groningen (Netherlands)).

Interview

Apply online and get results upon the decision of responsible professor. There is mostly no interview as professors know their students and having scored high on the same course earlier is the main requisite for becoming a teaching assistant.

PhD Candidate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rijksuniversiteit Groningen.

Interview

Tough selection procedure, with many candidates and several steps. Although the selection and interviews seemed to be fairly conducted. It included CV, cover letter and project proposal review, skype interview and personal interview/presentation.

PhD Candidate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groningen (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (Groningen (Netherlands)) in February 2014.

Interview

It is better to start privately contacting a professor whose research work we are interested in. Even better, if a student of the university of Groningen, take one or more courses thought by her/him, perform a small research project or a thesis. Usually then, the first step is to give a presentation about the most important research achievements obtained during the studies. Depending whether we are applying for an open position or a free position with research proposal, we need to be prepared about the subject and ready to ask relevant questions, or give a short presentation of our research proposal. Having external fundings is more than welcome, but the university also hires PhD students as employees, providing wage and benefits.

Interview Questions

• Your research proposal seems quite fancy, involving probably mathematical methods you have not encountered before. What will you do in case you don't know how to proceed?   1 Answer

PhD Interview

Interview

First project proposal, followed by interview and shortlisting

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Groningen (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (Groningen (Netherlands)) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied for an opening on the University's website. I was then invited to come to the University to meet, among others, the head of the research department. There were two interviews: one with the HR department and one with the research department where I would work.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you would do when a student has not prepared for a seminar.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rijksuniversiteit Groningen.

Interview

Hired through thesis supervisor

PhD Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rijksuniversiteit Groningen in May 2013.

Interview

On line interview via skype, and also via phone. Supervisor proposed me a some projects and I have to select some of them. The projects are out of my expertise and knowledge, but i have describe how I am fit for this existing project.

Interview Questions

• They asking me to describe the NIR - setup in 100 words, and how I can improve CVD system in very higher version. Their projects are out of my expertise and knowledge, but i have describe how I am fit for this existing project.   1 Answer

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rijksuniversiteit Groningen.

Interview

Applied through a science job portal, applied just before the deadline so didn't have to wait long....got first interview call within a week of application followed by second round of interview 2 weeks later.....From application to appointment it took a little over 4 weeks..Interviews were intensive but very friendly.....