Royal Sovereign Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Royal Sovereign

Sort:

National Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal Sovereign (Fremont, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I would avoid this company. I was given an offer that I tentatively accepted. It was rescinded a day and half later in an email with no explanation . This company's disorganization could have cost me my current job. Thankfully, I did not jump the gun. What ethical company pulls an offer? Highly unprofessional and unethical.

Operations Interview

Interview

Very Unprofessional: Interviewed w/ CEO/Chairman Lim. I am serious, I could not believe he asked me these questions. The impression i received was that if hired ... was very negative

Interview Questions

• True story... I interviewed/met with the chairman CEO. The questions he asked me were shocking. I couldn't believe it. His excuse was to see if I am the future in his company

he asked me:

asking me how many friends I have, and how many girlfriends i had, how long did it last?

I had to ask him why is this relevant? His excuse was that he's trying to get to know me

He asked me if i would go if i was stationed overseas for a bit. i asked how long...short term? long term? he responded "why does it matter?" Is he serious?

They low ball u too w/ salary   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockleigh, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Sovereign (Rockleigh, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Some back and forth email with the HR manager followed by an initial phone screening. This was followed several days later by straight forward interview on site with one of the owners and the HR manager.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockleigh, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Sovereign (Rockleigh, NJ) in June 2011.

Interview

I got a call from a Recruiter at Royal Sovereign who asked basic screening questions about my past experience and what I'm looking for in terms of future pay. S/he called me back the next day to set up an in-person interview for later on that week. It was a fairly short interview. I was asked about my past HR experience, asked a behavioral question or two and then I was asked if I had any questions.

Credit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockleigh, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Sovereign (Rockleigh, NJ) in May 2010.

Interview

I received a call to come for interview.
    I went next day and met with Sales Manager-which was strange for Credit Managers position.
    I did extremely well with him and then he had the CEO come in with him.
    After answering questions with ease it got down to what they really cared about -salary!
    Then it turned into something like buying a car experience where the CEO left and SM stayed and negotiated.
    When I countered (now these guys were offering me over $30K less than my laid off position!) he went out and the CEO came in.
    He said he might be able to raise me another $5K in 6 months-still way below.
    When asked about benefits-they dodged it saying basically "yes we have benefits" but would not detail cost and other typical aswers anyone should be able to get.
    I asked him if I could go home and discuss and get back to them next day and that was acceptable.
    I could see in his eyes he thought "he had me" but there was no way I could take so little as I would be making more on unemployment and I needed money more than anything.
    I would have been fine is they were $10K than offered but it was an obvious attempt to steal me in a bad economy and personally I was shocked at suck a lowball offer.
    I also did not trust the extra $5K in 6 months either as they would not put that in writing as I "had his word".
    I left already knowing my answer but called next day and gave a courteous no and when asked by secretary why I mentioned salary offer and she said "Mr X did say there would be extra" and I said yes but it still is not in my range.
    It was somewhat a tough call because they were so close to home and would have been a great commute.
    But I couldnt go work for such low money because I would be tyhinking from day 1 I have to find a job with more money-plus it was well less than unemployment and in my estimation LESS SECURE.
    It all seemed so rushed and raelly only caring to snare me at low wage more than anything else.

Interview Questions

• Would you be interested in Operations?   1 Answer

Fact is a Credit Manager even in lower paying suburbs should be making at least $15 to $20K more than they offered. I was completely insulted with over 15 years Credit experience and 35 years solid business-plus 10 at my last company.
    It became a battle of wits between myself and the CEO and I just could never lower myself and accept so little and in turn show so little value in myself-even in a desperate situation.
    I also got the feeling from the interview and enviironment that it was a hostile chaotic place and was not confident how long I would last. It had the look and feel of a high turnover mill.
    I had a zero feeling of trust during my interview and my gut reaction was "stay strong and stay true to yourself"
     dont waiver.

Accounting Interview

Interview

Regular phone screening asked industry standard questions. Not hard at all.

Interview Questions

Low Ball Offer. And place seemed dirty and chaotic.