Rubenstein Public Relations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rubenstein Public Relations Interview Questions

Interviews at Rubenstein Public Relations

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rubenstein Public Relations in March 2016.

Interview

Very brief. Sent in email requesting info on internships, was given the information, applied, then interview once for 15-20 minutes via phone. Interviewer was very easygoing, listened to my responses, and made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Explain your background and how you think it would work here.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rubenstein Public Relations (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn and received a reply. Corresponded via email with hiring manager. Was then invited to an in-person interview at office. Interview took about half an hour. They told me a lot about the company, but didn't have many questions for me. Did not follow up.

Associate Publicist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rubenstein Public Relations (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Took over an hour but I was made to feel comfortable and it was easy for me to shine. I was lead into the main office where a small panel of admins sat and interviewed me until Richard arrived. They al made me feel very welcome and they were all very professional yet personable. The one thing that struck me as refreshing, was they were all smiling, and it was contagious, like they all loved their jobs so much, I could tell this was the place for me to work. I got a great vibe from his staff and when he finally came in, I was already relaxed and our conversation flowed. He is a very intelligent man and knows what he's doing. I am very qualified yet not arrogant about it and Richard said this was one of the reasons he hired me. He said he enjoys having qualified yet humble staff who are easy to work with.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Rubenstein Public Relations (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

First was interviewed by HR and met three other account executives very briefly. The meeting with an HR representative was informative, while the other three meetings were very brief and casual. After two weeks an interview was arranged with the President, and four other executives. The five executives sat on one end of the table, while I sat on the other. The questions we're mainly general and not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult clients?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They are open to negotiation

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rubenstein Public Relations (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Account Coordinator position online and was invited to come in for an interview a few days later. The interview went very well and was told that I'd be invited back for another interview, but that never happened. After not hearing anything back, I followed up via email as well as over the phone but was unable to get in touch with the HR person. It is extremely unprofessional for the HR person to disappear and never contact me again. I previously heard some negative things about this firm and this somewhat confirms some of the things I've heard - I believe I dodged a bullet here.

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rubenstein Public Relations in March 2017.

Interview

Where I intern now, told me to stay away from this place. But I still went in with an open mind. The interview was great. The HR lady went into full detail about RPR. She even highlighted the Glassdoor reviews which I applauded. She hyped up the job so much that I forgot that my boss at my current internship told me to stay away. I was very excited to join RPR but little did I know, they were selling false hope. I was told I would be contacted for a second interview. It got my hopes up but I was let down when I never got that second interview. I followed up with an email to both HR reps and phone calls. Nobody ever answered the phone and they responded to my email saying thank you for being persistent and asked for writing samples. Sent them the writing samples, never heard back. Don't get someone excited for a job and not even be professional enough to respond to their emails. Don't lie to them. Be straight forward and tell them you're not interested.

Interview Questions

Rubenstein Public Relations Response

May 22, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

I am sorry if you felt that you were not responded to by our team. We take our interview process very seriously and do make sure that we reach out to candidates if we are not moving forward with... More

Public Relations Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rubenstein Public Relations.

Interview

Never interviewed at a company so rude and so unprofessional. Both times I came in to interview I waited for OVER 30 minutes. They have absolutely no consideration for their candidates. I understand being 5-15 minutes late, but over 30 minutes is unacceptable. I met with a VP who was nice and wanted me to come back in and meet with the hiring manager. He was nice and friendly but said some comments that rubbed me the wrong way. All in all, I was not impressed. I never received any sort of feedback from the Rubenstein team regarding my candidacy. They were extremely unprofessional and rude. If the interview taught me anything it is to STAY AWAY!!!!

Publicist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rubenstein Public Relations (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview procedures were organized and I was treated well throughout the process and all of my questions were answered in efficient manner. It was thorough all the way through.

Interview Questions

• This was during my first interview with Human Resources Officer. The question posed -Tell me about a time you were challenged by a superior.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rubenstein Public Relations (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I thought the interview went really well however during the interview I was reminded about the negative comments on Glassdoor in regards to RPR. I was told to ignore them.

I was then told they would definitely be in touch. After a week went by I followed up with HR and never heard anything. After another week I emailed again and still didn't hear anything. I think this definitely shows what type of company they are

Interview Questions

Rubenstein Public Relations Response

Jun 5, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

I am sorry if you did not receive an email from our office, but we do reach out to each candidate after the interview process.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rubenstein Public Relations (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

My recruiter landed me the interview. Went in for a face to face interview with the president. He really didn't ask me to many questions. I listened more to him and what he was looking for in this role.