Russell Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Russell Investments Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2017

3.1

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Russell Investments.

Interview

Apply online to first be contacted by HR - they vet based on qualifications and also salary requirements. Great 30 minute conversation led to a half-day interview process with four separate meetings with various team members from that particular division.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Russell Investments in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via email first to set up a phone interview.

Had a 30 minute phone interview. Was told the next step is a second phone interview and then an in person interview.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Russell Investments in January 2017.

Interview

The first interview is via phone, discussing the behavior question, but you should be very familiar with your resume because they will ask you the resume in details. The total time of the phone interview is around 30 minus, they will introduce with the introduction first and then come up with other behavior questions.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Russell Investments.

Interview

Couple of phone calls by different people in the department you've applied to. Two in-person interviews, and difficult questions. Must be very knowledgable about the company and position. Applied through employee referral from my last internship then waited a couple weeks for a call back. The entire process took a couple of months. They do not decide right away, prepare to wait.

Interview Questions

• How do you pick a stock and what do you currently invest in?   Answer Question

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Russell Investments (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

Met with many different layers of employees during interview process. Were all friendly and helpful. Their ownership situation did not help as many of the employees did not know what was happening inside the company and were somewhat fearful of their own jobs.

Global Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Russell Investments (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

Initially, two phone interviews; one with HR, the other with the hiring manager. Had five interviews the same day in Seattle. I also interviewed with HR which was a "behavioral" interview. Lots and lots of good luck to the person who did get the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your work style. Do you like telecommuting, working from office?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a disagreeable client?   Answer Question

Quantitative Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Russell Investments (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

First I had a phone screening with HR. Then went to the Company for on-site interviews with the whole team. Lastly they asked for a final round of computer-based test on R, SQL, Python etc.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions, views on the current market, views on long-term and short-term forecasting etc.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Russell Investments (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by Russell Investments via phone after I submitted my resume/cover letter. They asked me a series of questions asking about myself and my interests in working at Russell Investments. They also asked me what college course I thought prepared me most for this business analyst role. The Interviewer wanted to know my interests and what I have been doing post college.

US Equity Research Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Russell Investments.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Personality and situation type questions. No case questions. Lots of "How would you respond to situation x" situations or "have you worked in x type of environment?" Interviewed with 6 total people in a span of 3 hours I believe.

Interview Questions

• Lots of "How would you respond to situation x" situations or "have you worked in x type of environment?"   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Russell Investments (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied on their company website and and a recruiter reached out to me a few weeks later. The phone interview was about a half-hour long, consisting of the usual questions regarding expenses, travel, software programs, etc... They sent a follow-up email approximately a few weeks after the call, letting me know that they filled the position.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe some reports you've done in the past where you utilized Powerpoint and Excel.   Answer Question