Russell Tobin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sign Up for FREE in seconds to unlock millions of salaries and reviews

Russell Tobin Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2018

2.3

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Russell Tobin (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Rich Roberts interviewed me as part of candidate vetting. I was impressed with his personable, comprehensive, and thorough process. His approach is consultative and not dry or structured; he ensured he learned who I am, my skills, and my strengths. I also left the interview feeling very much that I had a strong advocate. I've since felt comfortable checking back in to ask Rich questions about different clients, open opportunities, and the industry in general, and he's always come through as one of the industry folks I can trust. He is definitely born to this industry and I plan to stay in touch (and follow him, if needed).

Notes: Glassdoor's user fields require a final hiring result, which was not a result of this interview because it was solely for candidate screening. A physical interview location is also a required field, which is not accurate as the interview was by phone.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Russell Tobin.

Interview

I was contacted for a quick over the phone call about what I was looking for in the job market. An then set up a FaceTime call for that same week. The recruiter had scheduled a FaceTime for my time zone and never called, I waited thinking maybe she meant her time, still no call. I called her and emailed her about the appointment. Nothing. Finally, 4 minutes from her time zone, she emailed that she had to reschedule. The next appointment for a FaceTime was the same for the most part. Except she called and said sorry, she rescheduled for another time. She then, rescheduled that appointment via email right before the meeting. Again, after I called and emailed her to see where she was at the time that was scheduled. Finally, she text me for the new FaceTime appointment and it was the incorrect time. I had cleared my schedule for my time zone. I text her back when I saw the text and she didn't respond with a new time, just that the next day was busy. I never heard back from her, she went dark. A big waste of time and disappointed to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Would I be relocating to New York City?   1 Answer

Russell Tobin Response

Nov 21, 2017 – Community Engagement Manager

Thank you for this feedback, this is extremely helpful for our organization as we strive to give candidates the best candidate experience - and unfortunately you did not receive that. Please feel... More

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Russell Tobin (West Palm Beach, FL).

Interview

Very unorganized. An interview was set up for the following week via Facetime, and I had phone and email confirmation that the interview would be taking place at a certain date and time. When the time came for the interview, the company went dark, and I couldn't reach anyone and I was never contacted to be interviewed.

Interview Questions

Russell Tobin Response

Nov 10, 2017 – Community Engagement Manager

Thank you so much for this review. This is unacceptable and should never happen to a candidate. Can you please send us more details to ensure we can address this issue so it does not happen again... More

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Russell Tobin (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Everyone was very helpful, always available to answer all my questions during the interviews, after each interview I would call my recruiter and tell them how it went and it was a fast and easy process that went along very smoothly!

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the right person for this position?   Answer Question

Interview

I worked with Megan Waelz from Russell Tobin. Megan recruited me for a role at another company. She made the process very easy with her timely responses and offered support throughout the entire process. I am very excited to start my new job and thankful she reached out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want to work for ________?   1 Answer

Accounts Payable Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Russell Tobin.

Interview

The Interview process was a waste of time . There only concern is to get you in and insult you and make comments and change your resume and not get you a job . You also get lied to.

Interview Questions

• Not really enough only to insult your resume that is submitted   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Russell Tobin (Mountain View, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

My recruiter, Megan Waelz, was absolutely great! After our first conversation, she was able to identify a good role for me in a very large well-respected hi-tech organization in the Bay Area. She helped coach me through the entire interview process and even sent me questions that are typically asked so I could prep answers, and then we discussed my answers on the phone the day before my interview. Megan was always extremely responsive to my emails or phone calls, even while she was on vacation, and offered as much help as possible. I was in fact offered the role but had a competing offer that I was also hoping to get, and Megan was patient and understanding when I asked for a week to make a decision. She was also understanding when I declined her offer to pursue the other opportunity. She congratulated me and assured me that I can reach out her at any point in the future if there's an opportunity she may be able to connect me with. On a personal note, she gave me the details of her simple recipe for pulled pork, which was a kind gesture and added a nice personal touch to our interaction. Megan created such a wonderful first experience of working with a recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What is your motivation for this role?   1 Answer

Associate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Russell Tobin (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with Caroline and Jenny at the Minneapolis office. Both were extremely welcoming, eloquent, and easy-going. They described both the fun and challenging aspects of the position, and really helped me understand what I would be doing. The entire interview process lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Russell Tobin.

Interview

I began applying for jobs as the recruitment field with no luck. I got some offer but I wasn't passionate about the companies. Then Adrianna from Russell Tobin reached out to me. She connected me with an amazing opportunity with my current employer. I love my new team, I feel valued as an employee, I feel that my career goals are taken seriously and appreciated, and my work/life balance has significantly improved. Before this role, I was feeling a bit hopeless and now I feel like there are endless possibilities for me. As a recruiter myself, I can genuinely appreciate when happy marriages between companies and candidates happen- and Adrianna at Russell Tobin did that for me.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Russell Tobin (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

Dale De Steno contacted me based on our previous relationship to check on my interest in a site HR Manager position. We discussed the opportunity and my interest and availability. Dale was able to quickly get me a phone interview with the hiring manager the next day.