Russell Tobin Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Timothy M. Tobin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "They kept me up to date with the entire process and I would highly recommend them to anyone" (in 15 reviews)

• "Great company with amazing recruiters" (in 13 reviews)

Cons

1. "Top Notch Recruiter - (Julia Povolny)"

Pros

This organization clearly trains their employees right! Julia is a top notch recruiter and was able to connect me with an overall great fit! Salary, culture, commute, work-life balance, opportunity for growth. She listened intently during our initial meeting and did a superb job with connecting me with an organization that literally is a perfect fit. I’ve worked in the staffing industry and it’s not an easy job. You definitely want people who are good and passionate about what they do. I recommend Russel Tobin for your next search if you’re truly looking and serious about making your next career move.

Cons

None thus far. My experience has been positive.

Advice to Management

Continue to mold and motivate good people doing good work. Julia’s drive, efficiency, and great personality is an awesome addition to your organization.

"Great group of people who get recruiting"

I have been working at Russell Tobin full-time

Pros

Caroline and Megan give recruiters a good name here's why: I was up for a job in NYC, I nailed the interview and Caroline Mitchell called me back with the great news however due to my traveling and the miscommunication not Caroline's fault at all the company hired internally. Caroline was excellent we kept in touch via e-mail and social media just small talk and out the blue, she puts me in contact with Megan Gallagher who lands me another interview with an incredible group of people. In one week I was offered the position and I happily accepted. Caroline could have easily forgotten about me but didn't and Megan was amazing assisting me the whole time from beginning to end knowing I was in a time crunch due to another offer on the table. We worked out! I'm excited about my future and so glad I "Linked" with Megan and Caroline. As an HR professional, I can truly attest to this statement --both team members are true GOOD recruiters, they place people in positions they feel are for them. They understand the value of hiring quality candidates and placing them with quality companies.

For what it's worth, Megan is also an excellent writer. She summarized my career so beautifully. I am unsure of what the future holds for either of these two individuals however if they choose a career dealing with aiding people (HR...hint hint) they're going to be very successful. Russell Tobin, you did well hiring them!

Cons

I have nothing to write in this section. My experience was excellent.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring people who understand the value of what they do and the bigger picture.

3. "Really great company"

Current Employee - Receptionist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Receptionist in New York, NY

I have been working at Russell Tobin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I’ve worked with Breann Lydon and others for a position that I really wanted. Breann is not only extremely helpful but very professional as well, she communicated with me through the entire process and made me feel at ease, she went above and beyond. I would definitely recommend to anyone.

Cons

No cons at all. Can’t think of one. Breann Lydon is great!

Jun 18, 2018 – Community Engagement Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review about Breann! She is really great at what she does, so I am so glad that you had the opportunity to experience working with her. I will be sure to... More

4. "Associate Recruiter"

I have been working at Russell Tobin (Less than a year)

Pros

Exciting clients to work with

Cons

Underwhelming salary and bonus structure. More competitive agencies out there.

5. "Russell and Tobin"

I have been working at Russell Tobin full-time

Pros

I worked with Jessica Forman and Charles Trent and they were both fantastic. From the very beginning of the process they were so helpful. They kept me up to date with the entire process and I would highly recommend them to anyone

Cons

No cons, they were great

Jun 18, 2018 – Community Engagement Manager

I am thrilled to hear that you had a fantastic experience with Jess and Charles! I will be sure to share this feedback with Jess, Charles and their manager! - Lizzy

"It's a marathon, not a sprint"

I have been working at Russell Tobin full-time

Pros

The cultures and values of this place are second to none. It's one of the few recruitment firms that encourages people to have a voice, take ownership, and truly gives everybody regardless of tenure a chance to lead or create their own path.

As we've grown we are working on continued training and adding more pieces to the operational side of the business (CRM, marketing, employee development). It takes time and won't always be seamless but we will continue to evolve, pivot, and change as necessary with the end goal of making RTA a better place for employees, their families, and candidates alike.

Cons

Recruiting is hard and not a great long term fit for those who can't handle stress and manage changes in workload. It takes roughly two years or more to see the fruit of your labor but when you get there it's one of the few jobs where you earn, maintain a great work life balance, and see exponential career growth.

Advice to Management

Keep empowering and pushing the up and comers. We have a LOT of talented people at the firm and they all want to do more, let's make that happen.

"Running before they walk..."

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Russell Tobin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Had the pleasure of working with some incredibly talented colleagues and clients. The office is beautiful minus some of the bizarre art pieces the CEO buys. Great environment for fresh graduates and/or employees who benefit from great clients/commission structures.

Cons

As other reviews, the CEO’s managing style. Sending aggressive emails to the whole NYC office that make you think “why do I work here?”

The company is growing pretty rapidly which is causing them to make new initiatives, constantly. Employees are being overloaded and the company isn’t sticking to them.

Unfortunately, the only way to make money is if you’re managing large accounts. RTA is also “right place, right time.”

They hired a Dir. of TA to better streamline policies/employee feedback but the CEO and him don’t seem to be on the same page.

They advocate for office relocation if you’re hitting your numbers which is great except when nothing is signed or formal. Don’t pitch ideas to employees unless it is fully approved by CEO/client.

They have a lot of growing up to do.

Advice to Management

Really try to sit together and come up with cohesive plans, structures, and initiatives.
    Stop with the heavy turnover. Some of those employees you didn’t treat so well, might one day be a big client.

Jun 8, 2018 – Community Engagement Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave your constructive assessment. Our newly hired Director of Talent Acquisition is taking all feedback to help improve employment experiences and our internal... More

8. "Great Staff"

I have been working at Russell Tobin part-time

Pros

Rob Weglarz from the Morristown office and Billy Lynch were very helpful and dedicated to helping me find the right position in a very short period of time. Both had a very positive attitude and were both very approachable and responsive in their conduct.

Cons

No cons that I could think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Jun 8, 2018 – Community Engagement Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave this awesome feedback. We’re glad that you had such a pleasant experience with Rob and Billy—we think they’re pretty great, too! If there’s anything else that... More

9. "Russell Tobin helped place me with a remarkable corporation."

Pros

The people at Russell Tobin, Rich Gallagher in particular, went above and beyond to assist in finding me a new position. As someone who has encountered multiple, and often flaky, recruiters, Russell Tobin was by far the best.

Cons

There were none. Rich Gallagher was on top of potential job prospects, kept me in the loop, and guided me towards companies that were interested in my background.

Advice to Management

Continue with your high standard of professionalism and communication.

Jun 8, 2018 – Community Engagement Manager

Thank you for letting us know what a great experience you had with Rich and the Russell Tobin team. It’s always nice to hear that our mission of treating our stakeholders better than anyone else in... More

"Don't believe Everything You're Reading Here"

Former Employee - Associate Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Russell Tobin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture was actually great during my tenure with Russell Tobin. I recently left about 2 months ago but I had such a great time with the company the year and half I was there. People get fired for being lazy and given chance after chance and come on here to complain that it's the company's fault when in reality it was them. Sure not everything is perfect, but if you try, you're going to love it there.

- Great Happy Hours
    - Fun young culture
    - Great outside of work activities

Cons

-Young company still growing so has it's hiccups but you can see they're trying and using every resource they have to offer
    -Compensation could be a bit better

Advice to Management

Just ask the employees what they want and grow & build around them.