Russell Tobin Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Timothy M. Tobin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Charles and Jess are a fantastic team"

I have been working at Russell Tobin full-time

Pros

Charles and Jess are a fantastic team. The best recruiters I've worked with! They both have a tremendous amount of expertise and knowledge in the field, and stayed in constant communication with me throughout the hiring process. Taking into account my skill set and salary requirements, they were able to find a position for me which exceeded my expectations. I would love to work with them again in the future!

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

Apr 12, 2018 – Community Engagement Manager

Thank you for your review and CONGRATULATIONS on your new role! Charles and Jess are great at what they do and would be happy to work with you in the future!

"Don't believe Everything You're Reading Here"

Former Employee - Associate Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Russell Tobin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture was actually great during my tenure with Russell Tobin. I recently left about 2 months ago but I had such a great time with the company the year and half I was there. People get fired for being lazy and given chance after chance and come on here to complain that it's the company's fault when in reality it was them. Sure not everything is perfect, but if you try, you're going to love it there.

- Great Happy Hours
    - Fun young culture
    - Great outside of work activities

Cons

-Young company still growing so has it's hiccups but you can see they're trying and using every resource they have to offer
    -Compensation could be a bit better

Advice to Management

Just ask the employees what they want and grow & build around them.

3. "Great Hiring Agency"

I have been working at Russell Tobin full-time

Pros

The recruiter I worked with was very kind and professional. She was with me every step of the way, and before each interview, helped me prep with questions they were likely to ask, as well as giving me honest feedback on where I can improve.

More recruiters should be like this!

Cons

None that I could think of.

Apr 13, 2018 – Community Engagement Manager

Thank you for the great review! We are so glad that you had a positive experience with us!

"A Really Bad Boy's Club Run By a Sleazeball."

I worked at Russell Tobin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some nice people worked there until they get taken advantage of and leave. The ones that don't leave are too afraid and don't have the self-confidence and thus, reluctantly, stay and drink the Kool Aid.

Cons

CEO and top management run a boys club. 4 women left because they couldn't take Mr Leo Russell's misogynistic ways. He is a sleazy man who thinks he is better than everyone else.

Advice to Management

Treat people the way you want to be treated. Tell the truth. Don't keep changing people's commission packages. Once they leave because they don't want to continue being taken advantage of, don't sue them and try to intimidate them because you have in-house counsel. That is predatory and extremely unethical. We understand you want to make a lot of money, but when there are human beings involved, please be empathetic. Try to put yourself in the someone else's "shoes" who might not be as privileged as you.

5. "This company should be ashamed of itself"

Former Employee - Senior Corporate Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Corporate Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Russell Tobin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None - this company is a disaster and not a professional service firm by any means

Cons

Terrible management
    They hire 19 year old profiles with no experience and let them run the show
    Awful culture - this place is so disorganized and unstructured
    Besides several MSPs this company has no business
    They treat new staff like garbage
    Directors do nothing but cause drama and point blame

Advice to Management

Fire your entire staff including the CEO and start fresh
    Stop letting managers fire people on the floor IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE STAFF
    Kick rocks...

"Best Recruiter I Have Ever Worked With"

Pros

Hard working, transparent, reliable and extremely helpful - just a few words I would use when talking about Charles Trent. My recent job search was a tough one, but Charles made the entire process easy. He always made sure I was in the loop on next steps and proactively followed up with me just to make sure I was feeling happy with the progress being made. I wish I could work with him for every single job hunt.

Cons

Nothing bad to say!

Apr 12, 2018 – Community Engagement Manager

Thank you for your review! Charles is awesome at his job and we are so happy that you were able to experience it for yourself!

7. "Very toxic and unhealthy working environment. DON’T WORK HERE!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Russell Tobin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are some great people and will continue to stay friends with that I met while I worked here. All the good people need to get out!

Cons

The CEO doesn’t know anything about the RTA business but yet he has to sign off on everything. They preach culture but it’s the most flawed thing about the company. Don’t be fooled by the cool office space, the CEO cares more about how the office looks than his employees.

Advice to Management

Ask the CEO, Leo Russell to step down and hire a CEO. There’s great potential and people-just need a leader who values and appreciates the staffing arm of the business (which can open doors for the rest of the business).

Apr 13, 2018 – Community Engagement Manager

The response below is directly from Tim Tobin, Managing Director:

Thank you for your review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience with us wasn’t an enjoyable one. We’ve taken your feedback... More

8. "Great team!"

Pros

Jess Forman and Charles Trent were great to work with. They made the job search process so painless and smooth and were incredibly responsive and on top of things. I can't believe I got a new job within a week and I couldn't have done it without them going above and beyond for me.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say!

Apr 12, 2018 – Community Engagement Manager

Thank you for your review! We agree, Jess and Charles are great to work with. Congratulations on your new job!

9. "Legal Team"

I worked at Russell Tobin full-time

Pros

What an AMAZING team to work with! I came with very little recruiting/business development experience, but everyone helped me in the best way possible to set me up for success, not only within the team but within the company as a whole. Though the majority of the legal recruitment team sits in Charleston and I sat in NYC, everyone made me feel welcome and 100% part of the team.

Cons

Absolutely no cons whatsoever! Everyone is so great!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Apr 12, 2018 – Community Engagement Manager

Thank you for the review. It can sometimes be difficult to sit in a remote office from where your team sits, so we are thrilled to hear that you felt welcome, a part of the team and had a positive... More

10. "Recruiter"

I have been working at Russell Tobin full-time

Pros

Cool clients, Nice office, Happy hours

Cons

Inconsistent, only like you if urdoing good