Russell Tobin Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Timothy M. Tobin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Julia Polvony - recruiter"

Pros

I worked with Julia at Russell Tobin and was placed in a great job, Julia will work with you and answer all questions no matter how small or what time of day/night. I would highly recommend working with Julia for admin recruiting.

Cons

At this time, I have no cons to contribute to my review. Every step of the process working with Julia was great.

Sep 18, 2017 – Community Engagement Manager

Thank you for your review. So glad you had the opportunity to work with Julia - she is the best!

2. "Great team to work with!"

Pros

Julia Povolny is very pleasant to work with. She's very enthusiastic about matching candidates with employers and really listens to your needs. Some recruiters focus on placement alone, and in the process push candidates towards roles that they may not be 100% comfortable with. Julia goes the extra mile to ensure that her clients are happy - both candidates and employers.

Cons

Nothing specific to note. My experience so far has been good

Sep 18, 2017 – Community Engagement Manager

You make it easy for Julie to go the extra mile :) - thank you for the review!

3. "Amanda Riebe is AWESOME !"

I have been working at Russell Tobin full-time

Pros

Great experience with Russell Tobin so far.
    My recruiter Amanda has made the process enjoyable.
     Excellent customer service!

Cons

No issues throughout the entire process.

Sep 18, 2017 – Community Engagement Manager

Thanks for leaving a review! We love that your experience was of a positive one.

4. "Great Experience!"

Pros

I worked with Julia Povolny, a recruiter at Russell Tobin to find the right opportunity in my career. I had an extremely positive experience and 6 months later am still working and loving my new job. She was patient with my back and forth on decision making and positive throughout the process with all of my questions and concerns! I would recommend Russell Tobin to anyone who is looking for a new opportunity in any field.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about Russell Tobin

Sep 18, 2017 – Community Engagement Manager

Thank you for the review! We are so happy that you are loving your new job!!

5. "Great Experience"

I have been working at Russell Tobin full-time

Pros

Great experience working with Russel Tobin. Excellent customer service! Julia made working with a recruiter an enjoyable process.

Cons

No issues throughout the entire process.

Sep 18, 2017 – Community Engagement Manager

You are in great hands with Julia. Thank you for your review!

6. "Highly recommend Rachel Gutson"

Former Employee - Business Owner in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Business Owner in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Russell Tobin full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Rachel Gutson at Russell Tobin was instrumental in advising me to hire for my LA team. I have run my business for over 20 years and repeatedly encounter the same challenges in finding quality talent. After consulting with Rachel on the current talent landscape and the best ways to 'woo' top talent, I was able to fill my open requisition within two weeks. Thank you for your succinct and impactful guidance.

Cons

I have no cons, happy with my results

Sep 19, 2017 – Community Engagement Manager

So glad that Rachel could provide some solid advice! Thank you for your positive review.

7. "A Great Atmosphere with the Tools You Need"

Current Employee - Engineering Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Engineering Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Russell Tobin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've really enjoyed the people I've spent time with here at Russell Tobin. Dale DeSteno is very supportive and an effective work coordinator. Everyone here is friendly and pleasant, and the technology being used is modern and easy to pick up and run with.

Cons

An open office floor plan has its ups and downs.

8. "Puffery and narcissism runs rampant here"

I worked at Russell Tobin full-time

Pros

Some nice honest people work there.

Cons

‘Puffery’ is a term used to describe wildly exaggerated or vague claims about a product or service that no one could possibly treat seriously.

The symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder include: grandiose sense of importance, preoccupation with unlimited success, belief that one is special and unique, exploitative of others, lacks empathy, is arrogant, and is jealous of others. These symptoms cause significant distress in a person's life.

Puffery and narcissism run rampant here!

The leaders at this company love to promote how great it is to work for them (ie. #WhyRTA social media campaign), The hashtags they should be using #shameless #selfpromotion. The reality is they are a BOY'S Club and Mr. Leo Russell is narcissist and not a good guy. He is a greedy man who lies and bullies people. He consistently changes peoples's commission packages for the worse to pay for his over-the-top lavish lifestyle.

Mr. Russell speaks to people in a condescending manner because he thinks he's a level above them. He also "conveniently" forgets the truth when it serves him and uses his in-house attorney to threaten and intimidate people.

Again, not a good guy.

Also their pattern is to have lots of people write bogus "positive" reviews here right after someone writes an honest negative reviews so the negative a review gets pushed to the bottom and not read easily. You'll see with this review.

Advice to Management

No one is buying what you're selling. Treat people the way you would like be treated.

Sep 19, 2017 – Community Engagement Manager

Thank you for the review. We'd like to express our condolences for the poor experience you had with us, as our goal is to create an environment of respect, hard work and empowerment. We will use... More

9. "Technical Recruiter"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Russell Tobin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have a very nice office space

Cons

Numerous; they lead by FEAR. Leo Russell acts like a tyrant who sends out weekly emails to the company threatening to fire employees for sneezing in his direction. Everyone is afraid to look at yet alone talk to him. They conduct shady practices (sharing licenses so they do not pay for multiple users) and promise employees the use of Recruiting tools (LinkedIn Recruiter) and then make the employee pay for them out of commissions. You will need a MBA to stay on top of and correct internal Accounting mistakes made. This is not a place to go for the long term as they are loyal to NO ONE.

Advice to Management

FEAR is not a way to manage a company.

10. "Great Agency and Gabby is awesome!"

I have been working at Russell Tobin full-time

Pros

Always attentive; goes the extra mile; friendly; effective

Cons

There are no cons at all.

Advice to Management

Keep making your clients/workers feel like they're the main focus.