Russell Tobin Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 31, 2018

4.3
Timothy M. Tobin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "They kept me up to date with the entire process and I would highly recommend them to anyone" (in 16 reviews)

• "Jess helped me to find a job with a great company within just a few short weeks" (in 13 reviews)

Cons

"One of the best agencies in the biz"

I have been working at Russell Tobin full-time

Pros

In the past decade or so, i have worked with several recruiters both as a candidate and a hiring manager. Some have been incredibly positive experiences, while others have been extremely disappointing. My experience working with Jessica has been the best of all, because she was thoughtful about what I wanted as a job seeker as well as representing the needs of the company I was interviewing with-it was clear that the end goal for Jess was not just to put someone in the role, it was to ensure the best fit for ALL parties involved, which makes her a valuable strategic thinker in terms of organizational needs.

Beyond that, Jess was responsive and a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend her to any of my colleagues on a job hunt or companies that are looking for a recruiter and agency that creates an experience that is fulfilling as opposed to being daunting and stressful.

Cons

Can't think of any at all!

Advice to Management

Keep on hiring and promoting the kind of folk you already have.

"Very Helpfull"

Current Employee - Claims in Stevens Point, WI
    Current Employee - Claims in Stevens Point, WI

I have been working at Russell Tobin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-They answer your emails and phones call or call back that day
    -They answer every question you have
    -Even before my first day of work they called to say have a great day!

Cons

- I wish once working they would check up on you make sure the job is going ok

3. "Great Placement Firm for Professionals!"

I have been working at Russell Tobin full-time

Pros

Abby was responsive, patient and understanding. She had the perfect opportunity for me and facilitated all negotiations between me and her client -- now my employer, by the way! -- and was very supportive and mindful of my needs and desires for a new position. She conveyed all of this to my new employer and was able to get me everything I wanted, and then some! I have no hesitation in recommending her and Russell Tobin to help you make your next career move!

Cons

None that I can think of.

4. "Great company!"

I have been working at Russell Tobin full-time

Pros

Wonderful culture. Fantastic coworkers, fun environment!

Cons

None, so far! I really enjoy my job.

5. "Love my job with RTA!"

Current Employee - Business Development/Client Engagement in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Business Development/Client Engagement in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Russell Tobin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Supportive and Collaborative team atmosphere
    -Opportunities for Advancement
    -Great work/life Balance
    -Team members and management truly value integrity, growth, and personal development within your position
    -Autonomy in your role, focused on success rather than strict metrics

Cons

None! I'm happy to be working in a position where I know my opinion is valued. RTA really gives you the autonomy to control your own success. I will say this position is definitely for someone who is a true go-getter and intrinsically motivated but you have so much support from your peers and leaders. We have a really great close-knit team and we work very closely together, and we are seeing the success as we grow our Charleston office!

6. "Business Development Associate - Charleston, SC"

I have been working at Russell Tobin full-time

Pros

The people that I work with on a day to day basis is the number one reason I love working at Russell Tobin. Every day I wake up excited to go into the office and give it my all. Especially since it is with the team that helped me grow into the employee I am today! Excited to see what the future holds!

Cons

Nothing to add as of now.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your employees and stay focused on the plan!

"Held together by bubble gum and paper clips"

I worked at Russell Tobin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Meet some great colleagues that you share a common bond with for both surviving the madness of the company. Traumatic experiences tend to form a special bond and you can laugh together later for having worked at such a joke of an organization. There are enough of us survivors to form a monthly meetup for cocktails.

Cons

The CEO, Leo Russell, rules with fear. He uses scare tactics, verbal abuse, and manipulation to keep everything in his control. I was personally belittled and bullied by the CEO on several occasions. The "Leadership" team is an absolute farce. They are terrified to speak up or voice their opinions about the unethical behavior of their CEO.

There is no infrastructure at all. The company is a house of cards that could tip over with one quick movement. The company runs as if it was still 1986. The heads of the departments know very little about their field and training is non existent. There is no operations team after the entire team walked out because of the treatment of the CEO. Just in the past four months, 6 women have left the company that reported directly to the CEO, seems to be a common trend. (These are just the people that I know of.) The fact that there is no HR department should be major red flag.

The CEO and "leadership" team constantly talk about how much integrity they have. If you have to verbalize something so often, you're clearly trying to overcompensate. There is absolutely no integrity at Russell Tobin or any of the Pride Global companies. The CEO brings his dog to work and lets him go the bathroom all over the office without being bothered to clean it up himself. What an ironic living metaphor. He relies on others to do that, just as he relies on others to let him get away with his inappropriate behavior. Where's the integrity in that?

Most of the negative reviews have been removed after being flagged by the in house counsel and talent engagement team. Make sure to read what couldn't be removed, I personally experienced the truth in every negative review, they just happen to be buried by false positive reviews.

Advice to Management

To future employees: RUN as fast as you can from Russell Tobin or any other Pride Global companies run by Leo Russell. It will only stunt your career to work here for longer than a year.

To the "Purple Belts": Speak up, defend your teams and yourselves. Demonstrate some integrity and start making changes to improve the good of the company, starting with letting your voices be heard by Leo Russell.

8. "Candidate"

I worked at Russell Tobin full-time

Pros

Really great team of recruiters! ( Jessica & Trevor in specific) Super friendly and very on top of everything! They really cared about taking the time to follow up with me in regards to my job search.

Cons

None! They were fanatastic.

9. "Top Notch Recruiter - (Julia Povolny)"

Pros

This organization clearly trains their employees right! Julia is a top notch recruiter and was able to connect me with an overall great fit! Salary, culture, commute, work-life balance, opportunity for growth. She listened intently during our initial meeting and did a superb job with connecting me with an organization that literally is a perfect fit. I’ve worked in the staffing industry and it’s not an easy job. You definitely want people who are good and passionate about what they do. I recommend Russel Tobin for your next search if you’re truly looking and serious about making your next career move.

Cons

None thus far. My experience has been positive.

Advice to Management

Continue to mold and motivate good people doing good work. Julia’s drive, efficiency, and great personality is an awesome addition to your organization.

"Great group of people who get recruiting"

I have been working at Russell Tobin full-time

Pros

Caroline and Megan give recruiters a good name here's why: I was up for a job in NYC, I nailed the interview and Caroline Mitchell called me back with the great news however due to my traveling and the miscommunication not Caroline's fault at all the company hired internally. Caroline was excellent we kept in touch via e-mail and social media just small talk and out the blue, she puts me in contact with Megan Gallagher who lands me another interview with an incredible group of people. In one week I was offered the position and I happily accepted. Caroline could have easily forgotten about me but didn't and Megan was amazing assisting me the whole time from beginning to end knowing I was in a time crunch due to another offer on the table. We worked out! I'm excited about my future and so glad I "Linked" with Megan and Caroline. As an HR professional, I can truly attest to this statement --both team members are true GOOD recruiters, they place people in positions they feel are for them. They understand the value of hiring quality candidates and placing them with quality companies.

For what it's worth, Megan is also an excellent writer. She summarized my career so beautifully. I am unsure of what the future holds for either of these two individuals however if they choose a career dealing with aiding people (HR...hint hint) they're going to be very successful. Russell Tobin, you did well hiring them!

Cons

I have nothing to write in this section. My experience was excellent.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring people who understand the value of what they do and the bigger picture.