KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Russell Tobin Reviews

Updated Jun 29, 2022

Found 250 of over 453 reviews

3.7
Russell Tobin Managing Director Timothy M. Tobin (no image)
Timothy M. Tobin

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "If your looking for a company with a great atmosphere and culture this is the place to be.(in 24 reviews)
  • "great people are what make this company what it is!(in 17 reviews)
  • "Everyone is friendly and encouraging.(in 12 reviews)
  • "You have all rights to take your decision and the management always welcome your thoughts at the same time.(in 11 reviews)
  • "1. Amazing Leadership(in 11 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Russell Tobin and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

An Experience I Won't Forget

Dec 22, 2021 - Associate Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

When it comes to my time at Russell Tobin, I only worked at the Charleston office. The funny thing about me leaving was I didn't really plan on it, an opportunity that was too good to pass up just fell on my lap. If that wasn't the case, I'd probably still be there. Regarding the opportunity (especially for people fresh into their careers), this is pretty massive. When they give you an idea as to who the clients you work with are, they really aren't lying. When I got hired I was immediately placed on the Facebook Embedded Solution (now Meta). The experience I received from this job is... nuts. It's hard work, but that hard work is rewarded. I can't say enough nice things about my team, as well as how much I enjoyed the actual office. Charleston's office is pretty big, and it grew quite a bit ever since I started (April time, it's now December). The amount of turnover I've seen is astonishingly low when it comes to the staffing world. Plus comparing other agencies -- this industry is cutthroat. It can feel like you have a target on your back, but I have not once felt like that here (nor do I think anyone else has). Regarding leadership, the office is headed by two folks: John Woronowich and Abby Crist. These two will probably be sounding boards for the rest of my career, and if it weren't for them I wouldn't have found nearly as much success. Both are working pretty much all the time, but they will go out of their way to make time for you and make sure you're taken care of. Your failure isn't even treated like an option to them, and they'll make sure you know that. I really loved working here, and if I ended up landing back here for whatever reason, I wouldn't be mad it. I know this team wouldn't be mad at it either! I know there's some reviews on here that might say "NO!" and I get it, I don't want to devalue anyone's experience, but I'm really thankful I took the leap and joined. It will forever be one of the highlights of my career -- and I mean that. Oh also, let's talk about Tim Tobin. He's at the helm of the Search & Engage part of Pride Global (so, Russell Tobin). He is straight up one of the nicest people I've ever met. When it comes to people that are *that* senior in a company, they're often intimidating. Tim will make time to connect with you one-on-one, advice you, and it's just like talking to someone you've known for years. Regarding my immediate manager, her name was Christie Brady. She didn't sit in Charleston (Tim didn't either), but she was also the best. Even with representing a client, she'll advocate for her team first and foremost and make herself available at all times. These leaders work hard, like HARD hard, and it shows. I hope to keep in touch with them for the rest of my life. If you're interested in recruiting *even mildly*, give RTA a try. You won't regret it.

Cons

The benefits are pretty expensive, but that's also throughout all of staffing/agency.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Take the good with the bad

Jun 2, 2022 - Director in Brooklyn, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, strong culture for the most part.

Cons

Leadership is very stubborn and can get in the way often.

3. 3.0

Good Culture

Jun 12, 2022 - Associate Recruiter in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very communicative management. Good work culture

Cons

Not a lot of WFH flexibility

4. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not a place of progression

Jun 1, 2022 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Option to WFH Not working on the weekends

Cons

Job is too much about making money for CEO… this role isn’t progressive, company has no diversity whatsoever, and high stress… if you aren’t meeting goals management will begin micromanaging, all for MONEY!! There’s almost no room for error in RTA… too much gossip, bias, and underlying competition. If you aren’t the favorite, you aren’t valued because you’re not bringing in money. Just like a Sales job….they sell you broken dreams in interview…CEO is in no way encouraging and thinks everything is a joke, while he sits on millions and pays employee change…I would not recommend, it’s really not like what it seems…

5 people found this review helpful
  5. 3.0

3* company that could be a 5* overnight with different CEO

May 22, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

You will learn so much, and be able to gain experience quickly because of the unorganized nature of the business. The middle management work very hard to keep projects and work coming but that means a lot of uncertainty. Leaders in Charleston take a VERY personal approach to developing you, if you buy in. You get to work for very legit companies. Office culture (in Charleston) is great. If you do your work they don’t care about micromanaging you.

Cons

The CEO is holding his own company back. (Not the Ceo listed on here, be wary). You will get a glimpse of this on your first day when he rambles incoherently on the Monday Morning Meeting. Get ready for sexist, and racist comments to become the norm. The ENTIRE BDR team quit because he lied and manipulated them into working for a compensation structure that was promised but then never paid out. His second in command sometimes fills in for him and it’s a night and day difference. Positivity, respect, compassion come from his second in command (who should be CEO). Lack of transparency. Discretionary bonuses sound nice but they are a way for the CEO to determine at will who gets what. You never know what you’re going to get or what goes in to the decision. Pay overall is poor. They know that they are a place where people go to develop skill and leave so they don’t care to be competitive with pay. Did I mention the CEO? He rules his office with an iron fist. No jackets on chairs, pulls security footage to fire people who leave dishes out, has a napoleon painting of himself in his office (not sure he realizes the irony), will curse people out and demean them.

7 people found this review helpful
  6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

RTA's overall rating on Glassdoor is skewed. They ask employees to write good reviews.

May 27, 2022 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Allows you to become a great recruiter quickly because of the major clients you work with -You make some great friends because of shared trauma

Cons

-All of upper leadership -They ask employees to write good reviews -The CEO uses techniques that politicians and cult leaders use. He talks a big game and makes you think that his company is better than anyone else's. He makes you think you will never find a better job (spoiler alert: you can find something better!) -Culture is extremely smoke and mirrors -The X and Y axis seems like it would be good in theory, but it only works for those that drink the Kool-Aid -Compensation and "discretionary bonus structure" is a JOKE. most employees need a second job to make ends meet. -Most of the employees are outsourced from India -Everything about this company is exploitative and manipulative

7 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0

Great place to work

May 16, 2022 - Associate Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Autonomy, training, culture, realistic goals, no KPI's !

Cons

Lacks a little direction to know how you are doing with discretionary reviews

8. 3.0
    Former Employee

Great entry level job

May 11, 2022 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team atmosphere Recruiting skills learned for entry level recruiters Great for first job

Cons

Culture No job security Lack of mentorship

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great place to grow in Staffing

Apr 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Accessible leadership, great place to learn the business and grow personally and professionally

Cons

Confusing compensation plan, questionable reporting

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Supportive Teams

Mar 8, 2022 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone you work with is kind and genuinely supportive and interested in helping you grow your career. Ability to work with great clients, high volume, but not a competitive internal vibe. Company is growing quickly.

Cons

401k not available until after 12 months

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 250 Reviews

Russell Tobin Reviews FAQs

Russell Tobin has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 453 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Russell Tobin to a friend and 51% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Russell Tobin employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Russell Tobin. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

74% of Russell Tobin employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Russell Tobin 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Russell Tobin to be management, career development, culture and the cons to be senior leadership, benefits.

Popular Careers with Russell Tobin Job Seekers