SBM Management Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.2

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SBM Management Services (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Had to do one phone interview and two in-person, before an offer was made. The total time from start to finish was about 3 weeks. Overall the experience was a good one.

Interview Questions

• How many interviews were there?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McClellan, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SBM Management Services (McClellan, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

HR contacted me to setup an interview. I arrived in what I can only describe as Nuketown; McClellan AFB to be exact. The surroundings are outdated and somewhat eerie. I greeted the teenage receptionist instead of the other way around. I overheard that they were not expecting me, which screams unorganized. I met with a gentleman who seemed decent; more of the alpha type. My interview went well, but felt that I was overqualified for the position. Even if I received an offer, I was ready to decline it. With that being said, it was a mutual and worked-out the way it was supposed to.

Overall, my biggest gripe is the total contradiction of SBM's Work-Life Balance "Core Value." I was told that if you're looking for a regular 9 to 5 job, then this is probably not the best place for you. In no way am I considered your traditional 9 to 5 individual and never have been, but it's of great concern when a company states that "they never lose sight of its core values" then implies the exact opposite.

We want our team members to find harmony in their professional and personal lives and support them in taking ownership of striking that perfect chord.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SBM Management Services (Wichita, KS).

Interview

Told that a background check and drug free work environment no exceptions general hiring process, to include past experience and job that I had in the past. To include the military and jobs out of highschool,. Different positions while in the military arena,. Customer service issues were talked about and how important this was.

Interview Questions

• One work ethic that you are most proud of   1 Answer

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McClellan, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SBM Management Services (McClellan, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Process was pretty straight forward and quick, they gave me updates throughout the process to keep me up to speed. Recruiter was very informative and candid and answered all my questions

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you had to take over something that wasn't on budget, what did you do to get it on budget?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in McClellan, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SBM Management Services (McClellan, CA).

Interview

I was asked if I could do A, B, C, and X, Y, Z. I said yes and was hired a week later. I got the feeling that the interviewers didn't know what to ask because they didn't know what they were doing.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about what we do?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SBM Management Services.

Interview

Typical interview process, 1 phone screen, 2 round of face-to-face. Phone screen is to confirm what you listed on your resume and the fit for the role. Face-to-face was to dig a little deeper in your skill set and the cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• Skill set listed on your resume   1 Answer

Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SBM Management Services.

Interview

It was pretty easy to succeed in this interview, because they talked so much about themselves. All you had to do was get them started on exactly what they do at the company, and the bragging would begin. It was pretty impressive. However, it was a reflection of how your time would be at SBM. Everyone is out for themselves and the approval of the CEO.

Interview Questions

• There was a lot of questions asking how I would handle a difficult or harsh critique of my work. This was followed up with a lot of excuses made for the CEO and his processes.   Answer Question

Site Manager Interview

Interview

It consisted of two Skype interview followed by 1 in person interview with the hiring manager. The Skype interviews were painless and I spoke with a Recruiter and the Head of Recruiting back to back. They were pleasant and helpful in setting up my final interview.

Interview Questions

• What kind of management experience did I have? What is the longest shift I have worked before? How quickly can I learn new things? How am I with change?   Answer Question

Janitor/Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SBM Management Services (Huntsville, AL) in June 2016.

Interview

We discussed nothing about the job. The manager wasn't well educated about the company, job position, what I will be doing or where I would work, I was thrown into a building with staff and she didn't care at all.

Pressure Washer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SBM Management Services (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed the day I walked in. Interview and application and all other necessary paperwork consumed about an hour of my time. The interviewer was polite and very helpful with any question I threw at her. Interviewer followed up with me with phone calls to keep me up to date.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what a pressure washer is?   1 Answer