SCS Engineers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.6

Professional Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SCS Engineers (Orlando, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

I talked with 2 different individuals on call, they were one-on-one interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is the most embarrassing moment of your life?   2 Answers

Associate Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SCS Engineers (Bedford, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Short, one hour interview with a few different people from the team. They downplayed the importance of the job, correcting over the job posting's roles and responsibilities. Very confusing to follow while trying to interview for what the initial posting described.

Interview Questions

• Past experience with consulting and conducting assessments?   Answer Question

Associate Professional (Environmental Engineer) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SCS Engineers (Tampa, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I meet with 4 different individuals, they were one-on-one interviews. Talked mostly about what exactly they do and what aspects I would be working on if I were hired. I gave them brief background on me and I explained previous projects that I had worked on.

Interview Questions

• I was only asked questions about specific projects that I had previously worked on.   Answer Question

Staff Professional - Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SCS Engineers (Reston, VA).

Interview

The total interview took about 3.5-4 hours. Met with Director of office, Director of the department, and immediate supervisor. I met with each separately. I was asked general questions and a few related to the field...in order to generally engage my knowledge. Almost all interviews come from referral of some sort.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with Bernoulli's equation?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SCS Engineers.

Interview

They almost always hire admin. personnel from a "temp" agency first. Supervisor was almost 30mins. late to interview. in total process lasts twenty minutes. Interviewed on Wednesday, started Monday.

Entry Level Hydrogeologist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SCS Engineers in November 2014.

Interview

I was invited for an interview after contacting their office. It was a 3:1 interview going over the typical questions. They informed me about what they do and their history. They were friendly and open to the questions I had. After the interview they asked that I send writing samples and then asked me to fill out forms related to a background check. I was contacted ~1.5 months later that I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions regarding my research that I conducted during my Master's Program. Then questions about my problem solving skills and ability to work with others. They also asked if I knew what a field sample and duplicate was along with what a Slug Test was.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SCS Engineers in July 2013.

Interview

It was pleasant and straightforward. They asked the typical questions but they also spent a great deal of time talking about the vision, the companies goals, and the office's projects.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SCS Engineers (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Supervisor was late and disheveled. Twenty minute interview? Offered the job on the same day. Position description was extremely inaccurate. No training provided. High turn over rate. No benefits. No flexibility in schedule.

Negotiation

Low offer until you decline

Office Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SCS Engineers (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process was easy going. Basically conversation about job expectations and the company goals. Determining if the skills I had were a good match for both of us. Explaining the type of company they were and how things were done.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about experience and why you should be hired.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not to difficult. I was not able to ask for much with my experience.

Staff Professional - Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at SCS Engineers (Reston, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview was made through a temp agency. I had interview with four different employees the same day. I was chaperoned to each of their offices, where the interview was 1:1. One of the interviewers was the office director. The other three were the directors of different areas. All of them were very cordial.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of different environmental areas and procedures.   Answer Question