SEC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SEC Interview Questions

Interviews at SEC

2.7

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SEC (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was primarily focused on the behavioral questions and why you want to work at SEC. Once you apply online, it took 2 weeks before I got a call to schedule an in-person interview. The interview was around 30 to 45 mins and was interviewed by 5 SEC employees.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SEC (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Straightforward. 30 minute interview with three employees. They asked me to talk about myself and asked questions based mainly on my resume and why I was interested in the position. Received the offer a week later.

Intern Interview

Interview

Contact you if they are interested and they ask you general things about your resume. They will also ask regarding what you like and know about the company. In the end, I just got told that the position was open and I fit the standards.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SEC (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2019.

Interview

not difficult, basic knowledge was required, as well as some legal and financial knowledge but it was not terribly difficult. overall, be prepared and it will not be bad. internships are typically unpaid.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at SEC.

Interview

I was contacted a month after I submitted my resume to go in for an interview. I went into the office and was interviewed by the managers of the different offices. The questions were all behavioural, nothing technical.

Java/J2EE Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at SEC (Washington, DC) in May 2019.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day.There was an Technical assessment. Then there was ikm test, and then after few days I was selected for in person interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked each Responsibilities I have written in my project.   1 Answer

Interview

Application takes longer than the interview. After applying it was about a month until you heard back for an interview. One interview in Philly office. Process is quick. Heard back a week after the interview.

Business Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SEC (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

Fairly easy (i am not the bets with interviews). I was nervous when there was four people on the other end of the conference call as I was not currently located within the U.S. All behavioral questions (unless you count "how are your excel skills" as a technical one).

Interview Questions

• 1. why would I be good fit at the SEC?
      2. Describe a challenge and how you overcame it?
      3. Why the interest in the job?
      4. What skill(s) can you bring to the SEC?
      5. Why the SEC?   Answer Question

Summer Honors Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at SEC (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

Smooth
    6 people were in the room
    Questions come off a script
    Behaviorial and skill based questions. They are mainly focused on you team working skills, how you overcome challenges, excel skills, and market understanding.
    Just be honest, there not looking to be impressed but to understand that you want to learn.

Interview Questions

• How would you characterize you understanding of capital markets?   Answer Question

Business Honors Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SEC (Washington, DC) in March 2019.

Interview

You are on an online call through WebEx with several other students. After this call you have to take an online exam. The exam is a mixture of technical coding questions and brain teasers