SERV Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 3, 2017

3.1

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SERV (Ewing, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

I was left a message by the HR rep and called her back. She never returned my call. Called back twice and still nothing. Complete waste of time and extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any questions as I have yet to hear back.   Answer Question

Residential Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SERV (Brick, NJ).

Interview

Interviewing process is okay, took a few days. The questions asked by management was okay as well.
    The hiring process is extremely long 3 weeks training.
    I can honestly say it prepared me for interviewing people, once I was hired as a manager I started to do interviews with my Coordinator and other managers which I think is really beneficial to the company because managers know who they would like to hire for their houses.

Interview Questions

• Can you name 2 strengths and 2 development areas??   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SERV.

Interview

It was thorough with a lot of discussion of responsibilities. Very informative and encouraging. They provided a detailed job description and asked questions about my level of comfort with relating to staff and individuals who are diagnosed with a form of mental illness.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SERV (Piscataway, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

Process took about a month. I applied online and I was called for a phone screening. The phone screening consisted of telling me a description about the job and asking if I would be comfortable with the responsibilities of the job. I was then asked to schedule an interview. During the interview, the interviewer asked me a series of "What would you do" questions. Afterwards, I was to talk with another person who would inform me of the benefits of the position. Since the person wasn't there, I called back the next day.

Interview Questions

• Many "What would you do" questions such as what would you do if the residents in your car got into an argument, or what would you do if a resident was angry and saying profane things at you. Other questions such as what do you think is your greatest weakness, what do you think you can contribute to SERV as a residential counselor, or how do you handle criticism were also asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cranford, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SERV (Cranford, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

Overall was pretty laid back. Speak honestly about yourself and why you see yourself in the field of working with DD or people with severe mental illness. there were 2 interviews before hire. A lot of "what would you do in ___ situation" scenarios. describe full-time benefits packages and 401k plan, a month long (paid) training, discusses what would be like on a normal day at SERV on-site. Asks you what you know about SERV and what SERV stands for.

Interview Questions

• A lot of "what would you do" questions. " What would you do if a client told you he wanted to kill himself?"   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SERV (Piscataway, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was really fast. I applied online a few months before my undergraduate graduation. I got a call back for my interview a week before my graduation. I set up an in-person interview. The interview is located at the main office in whichever county you apply to.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a resident refused to take his medication for a few days?   1 Answer
    • What quality or qualities do you think you would add to our company?   1 Answer

Residential Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SERV.

Interview

The interview process was very long and informative.

You will most likely be interviewed by two representatives : Mine were two Coordinators.

They first ask you about yourself.
    Then they ask question about your background, why you may be interested in this position.
    They debrief on all minor and major aspects of the position and what it entails.
    They then give you scenarios for you to respond to just to get a feel of how you would react to a specific scenario.

The interview was about two hours.
    More so because of how much information they gave.

I got a second interview.

Interview Questions

I was no longer interested in the position.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SERV.

Interview

Very laid back interview.

Interview Questions

• "If a resident called you a racial slur, how would you respond?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SERV in March 2013.

Interview

Decent interview, however what was said was not what was actually the work. You will be told that your supervisor will help you if you get stuck in a house...they will NOT do this. Second they will tell you will work with someone else to keep a good ratio...this will almost NEVER happen. You will be alone and workers have been assaulted on the job. Be safe and care, the interview is full of lies

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SERV in August 2012.

Interview

2 Interviews for residential Counselor.One interview with the coordinator of the residence and the other with either the assistant director or director. Both interviews were fairly easy. However both of the individuals that I interviewed with are both no longer working at SERV.

Interview Questions

• Overall a very easy interview if you have had previous experience. Be prepared to answer questions about "What if?" situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation, but the schedule.