SGL Carbon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SGL Carbon Interview Questions

2.5

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SGL Carbon (Salinas, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Went well all on hangout.. I was unsure it was a real company at first. Asked questions through email, was told to be on hangouts on monday. I hope I get the job since it pays more then my current. I still have alot of questionS and will update on monday bout the job.

Interview Questions

• 40 questions online email test   1 Answer

Process Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickman, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SGL Carbon (Hickman, KY).

Interview

Talked to recruiter at career fair, followed by same day interview. Was contacted by same recruiter a couple weeks later for an on-site interview. They flew me in to Memphis and provided me with a rental car for a 2.5 hour drive to Hickman and was taken out to dinner by hiring manager and two other engineers. The next day consisted of breakfast, plant tour, two behavioral interviews, and lunch.

Finisher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Marys, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SGL Carbon (Saint Marys, PA) in March 2009.

Interview

Requires aptitude test for math and mechanics. Interview went quite well with my pass experence helping to get me hired.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SGL Carbon (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in June 2014.

Interview

firstly the telephone inerview by HR and then face-to-face interview by HR.
    then my direct Superior has the interview together with the HR,
    and then my management has the interview

i dont understand i have to input more than 50 words........ this is meaningless.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at SGL Carbon (Pune (India)) in November 2011.

Interview

There was no Human Resource Manager but the Finance Head was handling the HR Dept. The call was professional however in practicality it was extremely disorganized. There was no sense of responsibility and acknowledgement towards the candidates present for the interview. More importantly the Documentation took 2 weeks to be completed and had to be given a push for , everyday. Salary negotiations were done/handled in the most unprofessional manner.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to shift from Hospitality into the Corporate(Manufacturing) Segment?   Answer Question
    • Give us one reason as to why should we recruit / consider you from all the other candidates who have come in?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations were not satisfactory. It was more like a negotiation that takes place in the fish market. Cutting down on the basics and HRA & other possible aspects and giving a hike in a bonus amount which has a clause of entitlement after 9 months.
    A little inconsiderate, if the Managing Directors have decided onto an aspect the Finance Department cuts it down furthermore to show cost cutting/ savings to justify the salary they are getting.

Hence definitely a little too unprofessional when it comes to monetary aspects.

Textilingenieur als Projektmanager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meitingen (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SGL Carbon (Meitingen (Germany)) in December 2012.

Interview

Bei dem Gespräch waren drei Personen von SGL Carbon anwesend: Zwei Frauen aus der Personalabteilung (HR und Talent Pool) und ein Herr aus der Fachabteilung.
    Zu Beginn habe ich mich kurz anhand meines Lebenslaufs vorgestellt. Die anschließenden Fragen kamen fast alle von dem Herrn aus der Fachabteilung und waren dementsprechend sehr technisch und bezogen sich auf meine bisherigen Arbeiten auf dem Gebiet der Faserverbundwerkstoffe.
    Von den anderen beiden kamen sehr wenige Fragen, die sich dann auch auf typische Personalerfragen beschränkt haben.

Der generelle Bewerbungsprozess läuft insgesamt wie folgt ab:
    - 1. Gespräch: Kennenlernen
    - 2. Gespräch: es werden der Vorgesetzte der Fachabteilung (in der Hierarchie kommt da drüber nur noch der Vorstand) und noch einige künftige Teammitglieder dabei sein. Ich müsste eine 15-20-minütige Präsentation auf Englisch über ein Thema meiner Wahl halten. Anschließend gäbe es dann noch eine Diskussion.
    - 3. Gespräch: Gespräch mit dem Vorstand, der letztendlich auch für die Einstellung verantwortlich ist.

Interview Questions

• Wo sehen Sie sich in 5-10 Jahren?
      Wie haben Sie in einem Team mit den anderen zusammen gearbeitet?
      Answer Question