SGN Nutrition Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SGN Nutrition Interview Questions

1.2

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SGN Nutrition (Portland, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Responded to ad on Craigs List, got a call with 72 hours from district manager, went through normal application procedures.

Next there was training in food handling as required by Costco and sales training which was beneficial and once in the field for a week, got a visit by district manager who saw some glitches in my presentation and made clear a few things that would help and it did.

Next, I had to get a food handler's license by the state which was $10-$15, can't remember but it was easy to pass, just took time to do it. Sort of a pain but there are people out there that do not have a clue so it's good training.

Overall, I thought the preparation along with my district managers help and my own initiative boosted me to a satisfying job.

I'm not in love with the standing part of it but actually taking the products seemed to help.

Interview Questions

• Have you been in sales before? What have you been doing past 6 to 12 months, what are your goals... pretty much normal questions/   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on my part...sort of like, here is a opportunity, do you want to work for us or not? It was not that cold, as they are a great company but it's sort of a no brainer decision for me as I worked for a different company in Costco doing demonstrations and wanted more money and this was an opportunity so I jumped on it.

Jun 14, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Your contributions to our Company success are appreciated.

Brand Ambassador/Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SGN Nutrition (Fresno, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was called and spoken to about what the position entailed, what was expected of me. I was asked questions about my sales abilities, along with many other interview questions. The boss spoke to me about what I would be expecting via email, and what would take place upon completing everything. I filled out the papers all through the internet. I did some online training, and was able to get started fairly quickly.

Interview Questions

• Have I done sales before in the past and if I was willing to educate customers on the product.   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SGN Nutrition (Detroit, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Submitted application twice, had to call after that to follow up, spoke on the phone with the manager for over an hour and was hired after answering questions about the job. The problem is that the manager is overwhelmed, and not only struggling to get good people but to also retain them. Once they find out the job is not as posted, they can't make money, they quit.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you can do this job?   1 Answer

Jun 14, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Your comments have been passed along to our Sales and Operations departments. We will continue to strive to make improvements in this regard.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SGN Nutrition (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

over the phone, was recommended by another company so had an "in" was told to watch videos and take a joke of an online quiz on the basics of the product and the proper way to set up the demonstration.If you have a breath and a heartbeat you'll get the position. Use this to get to where you really want to be unless you are retired and happy with this. Its my fault for being so complacent to stay here as long as i did.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for a dollar more due to my experience and was told that would be fine. It was never reflected in the official offer.

Jun 14, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your input. However, we feel this position, takes way more than a breath and a heartbeat. We seek out people who like to communicate effectively with others, desire to share ... More

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SGN Nutrition (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Was very easy. They hire anybody with a brain and reasonable ability.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Flat rate for duties performed.

Jun 14, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your time.

Sales Promoter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SGN Nutrition in January 2013.

Interview

Phone interview. Onliine training. Initial communication was good. Company does not know what the other hand is doing.

Interview Questions

SGN Nutrition Response

Jun 14, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

We would appreciate the opportunity to further address your comments in order to continue to improve our resourcing, training and company communications. Please feel free to email me at ... More

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SGN Nutrition (Sacramento, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview was conducted on the telephone I felt as if anyone could've landed the job and most likely did numerous time hired sight unseen by an unseen company received my checks though so no complaints there.

Interview Questions

• Did I have sales experience   1 Answer

Jun 14, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

We are a nationwide employer and unfortunately we do not get the opportunity to meet face to face as of yet but, with current improvement in technology this process may be added in the near future.

Promoter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SGN Nutrition (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

After someone applies for the job, the application and resumes are reviewed. The next step is usually a phone interview with an experienced promoter/recruiter. The final step is a call with the Regional Manager. This can take up to an hour. If geographically possible some face to face may be involved. If you are asked to do a side by side session with another promoter usually you are in.

Interview Questions

• Background, past experience, why SGN, All questions are to really learn about you,   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SGN Nutrition (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

I received a call from a recruited and was asked a series of questions and I answered truthfully and the recruiter was friendly and motivated me to be the best person I could be. I have been working for this company since 2009 before the company turned corporate. I have been trained and groomed over the years and I find the company to be like family.

Interview Questions

• they work with your lifestyle and availability
      various