SGV Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at SGV Marketing

2.1

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SGV Marketing (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Firstly, the front desk lost my Application Form that I had handed in hands for them, being one of the first to arrive for my interview but being the last to be interviewed after nearly 1:30 hours of waiting.

After waiting for more than an hour, one of the recruiters/interviewers noticed me and finally called me in one of the offices for the interview.

He asked for what I was applying and I told him I was applying for a Marketing Assistant/Intern position, he went on to say that they're not looking for that and are instead looking for some type of manager positions to be filled. I was fairly surprised by this since it was nothing I was expecting, and clearly not what I had spoken with the HR department over the phone in the previous day which was a full-time Marketing Assistant/Intern position that could be later changed to part-time if needed.

I was interested in this new offer so I scheduled a second interview the next day in the morning to learn more details. I arrived precisely on time, only to be informed that the person I was scheduled to see wasn't even in the office, and was "busy" and that I would be called again to be rescheduled, that call never came.

Disastrous and unorganized interviewing process, misleading and not at all for what I applied for. It seems that they post a job opening to attract people and try to sell them another opening that they require at that time.

Interview Questions

• If I would be interested in becoming a "manager candidate"   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SGV Marketing.

Interview

A very short interview, just ask you some basic questions. And will also explain the job responsibility. After that they will told you before 7;00 pm, if you receive their call, you'll get into their second interview. The second interview will contains meet lots of people. If you are ready to have a career in sales, it is your good choice.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience on marketing research?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SGV Marketing (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Within hours of applying for an Account Manager position, I was asked to come in for an interview. There were many other applicants in the waiting area, and I discovered when asking for paperwork that there were several "companies" in this office. However, it seemed like a fairly routine interview where we went through my résumé, and discussed the role.

Later that evening I was invited back for another round, and it was at round 2 where I would realize this "Account Manager" position was really door-to-door sales for Devil Corp. I filled out additional paperwork again, and found out I would be tagging along to observe an employee with another applicant. Before we left I could here lots of shouting (read: chanting) coming from another room in the office - a red flag.

As the day went on the other applicant and I realized that this wasn't a legitimate Account Manager position and did not match the slightly ambiguous job description provided. I recommend reading up on Devil Corp, and you will soon see that it is just another one of those companies. Needless to say I declined the offer, not wanting to be ripped off and waste any more time. I was able to get a job immediately after this, and implore those who are desperate to look anywhere else.

Entry Level Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SGV Marketing (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

as per my understanding I was call for an HR Assistant/Entry Level interview but upon arriving I didn't meet the person who invited me but my interview was taken by the same guy intwrview sales people. He did'nt ask any HR related or my background related question either.

I think they invited me for an interview think if they could persue me to cahnge my mind for a sales position.

Interview Questions

• They asked what my interest is and where I see myself in future?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SGV Marketing.

Interview

Arrived at the office and there were a lot of people moving in and out. It looked really busy. A lot of reviews say this is just a door to door sales position. I declined the second interview so I cannot say for sure but I did notice a lot of people leaving the office with small maps so if I had to guess I would say it was door to door sales

Wasn't interested

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SGV Marketing (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

first interview is for 15 min with the HR executive who was very friendly & easy. we had to fill 2 forms prior to the interview that cover contact info & personality characteristics.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SGV Marketing in July 2016.

Interview

I went to office which even no name on the door and there seems have two companies do the interview together, because I saw two different forms. It is not a company, only a big waiting room and two rooms for interview, a large room with blackboard on the wall beside the restroom. That's all. After do the psychologist test, wait for your name be called. Interview was easy and basic. Introduce yourself and basic information about work history. Then they will explain what is account manager in their company.
    I got a second interview email, the second round need 8 hours to do the case.(from 12.30 to 8.30)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SGV Marketing (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

It was totally a SCAM. Firstly, I believed that I applied for a marketing associate position, but they immediately emailed me to the interview tomorrow for an account manager. Though confused, I still went there. Everything was weird, such as the building. Employees there were all young. More than 20 people waiting in one room, which may be their hall or lobby. I waited for nearly half an hour to get my interview, with only two recruiters. The whole process lasted only for 15 minutes and I was only asked for 4 questions about myself and my views for the company. Totally a SCAM. Please don't waste your time, unless you want to do door to door sales.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience.
      How do you know that we are a professional marketing consultancy company?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SGV Marketing in July 2016.

Interview

Initial communication is via a phone call followed by generic emails. Initial interview was scheduled for 10am and wasn't seen till more than 30 minutes later. And on top of that it was a group interview with another possible candidate. Was told they were asking 15 people back from 200 for a second interview. I got one of those "coveted" calls. The second interview is an 8 hour interview.

Interview Questions

• all of the questions were very generic interview questions by someone who was a terrible interviewer.   Answer Question

Called their HR director the following day to find out this is a commission based door to door sales position. Not what I was looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SGV Marketing (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was pleasant but fast. I am sorry I wish I had more to say but the interview was very short. Less then 5 minutes. They told me if I was considered I will get a phone call in 2 days. Maybe there is still time.( that was yesterday)

Interview Questions

• Not much, the main ones were I am I better at working on my own or with others?   1 Answer