SGV Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SGV Marketing Interview Questions

Interviews at SGV Marketing

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SGV Marketing (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Very short and vague. He asked me basic questions about myself. I could tell something was fishy when more than 20 people were in the waiting room. When I asked about the other clients the company has worked for, he immediately cut me off to say "we are only focusing on Verizon" --- DOOR TO DOOR SALES. Don't be fooled.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SGV Marketing (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Basic questions and conversation almost nothing related to the position. When asked what position I was applying to they said they weren't looking for that position anymore but for a "Manager"type position for their venture with Verizon. Which in the end turned out to be just door to door sales. Terrible company don't waste time going for interviews here.

Vague, Dysfunctional and shady.

Interview Questions

• If I felt prepared for a "manager position"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SGV Marketing (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

After waiting for more than an hour, one of the recruiters/interviewers noticed me and finally called me in one of the offices for the interview.
    He asked for what I was applying and I told him I was applying for a Marketing Assistant/Intern position, he went on to say that they're not looking for that and are instead looking for some type of manager positions to be filled. I was fairly surprised by this since it was nothing I was expecting, and clearly not what I had spoken with the HR department over the phone in the previous day which was a full-time Marketing Assistant/Intern position that could be later changed to part-time if needed.

I was interested in this new offer so I scheduled a second interview the next day in the morning to learn more details. I arrived precisely on time, only to be informed that the person I was scheduled to see wasn't even in the office, and was "busy" and that I would be called again to be rescheduled, that call never came.

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SGV Marketing (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Very easy but tired. You need to go out with them for the second round interview. It's unnecessary to work there. Salary is 0 and commission. The first round they don't tell you what to do. and the second round they don't tell you neither. they only told me it's to go to the field. It's a door-to-door sales.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SGV Marketing.

Interview

A very short interview, just ask you some basic questions. And will also explain the job responsibility. After that they will told you before 7;00 pm, if you receive their call, you'll get into their second interview. The second interview will contains meet lots of people. If you are ready to have a career in sales, it is your good choice.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience on marketing research?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SGV Marketing in July 2016.

Interview

I went to office which even no name on the door and there seems have two companies do the interview together, because I saw two different forms. It is not a company, only a big waiting room and two rooms for interview, a large room with blackboard on the wall beside the restroom. That's all. After do the psychologist test, wait for your name be called. Interview was easy and basic. Introduce yourself and basic information about work history. Then they will explain what is account manager in their company.
    I got a second interview email, the second round need 8 hours to do the case.(from 12.30 to 8.30)

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SGV Marketing (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

First day you enter and you see dozens of other candidates all dressed up, looking nervous, patiently waiting to be called into the interview room which constantly has people walking in and out of it. They usually have a radio on in the background playing stupid pop music. After they call you in and interview you they tell you that they're gonna review the clients and based on who they think will "fit best" they might give you a call back between 7 and 8. This is lie because they essentially call everyone back in for the second interview which is an "all day interview" meaning you are in at 10 and you leave around 9:30-10. The second day interview is you just shadowing someone as they do door to door selling "in the field", then at lunch they tell about how easy it is to climb the ranks and all the money you could be making if you "sell an app" (short for application) then if you last till the end you go back to the office and the manager talks to you and tells all the great things your trainer said about you (which are usually false and just a bunch of vague good worker qualities) then they offer you the job. The whole process is meant to build suspense and make you feel like you earned this position when in reality they offer it to everybody, there is literally swarms of new people "hired" everyday. Also they drug test you but I heard a couple employees say they just asked other coworkers to provide the urine sample for them so it seems like that wasn't huge deal.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SGV Marketing (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Within hours of applying for an Account Manager position, I was asked to come in for an interview. There were many other applicants in the waiting area, and I discovered when asking for paperwork that there were several "companies" in this office. However, it seemed like a fairly routine interview where we went through my résumé, and discussed the role.

Later that evening I was invited back for another round, and it was at round 2 where I would realize this "Account Manager" position was really door-to-door sales for Devil Corp. I filled out additional paperwork again, and found out I would be tagging along to observe an employee with another applicant. Before we left I could here lots of shouting (read: chanting) coming from another room in the office - a red flag.

As the day went on the other applicant and I realized that this wasn't a legitimate Account Manager position and did not match the slightly ambiguous job description provided. I recommend reading up on Devil Corp, and you will soon see that it is just another one of those companies. Needless to say I declined the offer, not wanting to be ripped off and waste any more time. I was able to get a job immediately after this, and implore those who are desperate to look anywhere else.

Application

Interview

Waited in room with about 10 other candidates, took an extensive personality quiz in which I rated your qualities (ex: determined, timid, etc.), got called in, was asked basic interview questions. They followed up with an invitation for a second round, which would entail shadowing someone...it seemed like more of a door-to-door sales position than I had anticipated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SGV Marketing (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Typical hire-sales-people-type of interview. Submitted resume through LinkedIn and got an email back inviting for an interview. Really short interview, didn't ask a lot of questions and also didn't explain a lot about the role. Did not get a good impression of the 'executive' as he seemed tired of interviewing x amount of people that day. I received a follow-up later that day inviting me to a second interview, but from what I've read here and from my impression I declined.