SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory

Sort:

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory (Menlo Park, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

An hour long prepared seminar with questions. I presented my research work from my previous institution. Interviews and tours with various managers and principal investigators. At this point the tour and interviews were formalities. I had lunch with the group I would be associated with. The hiring committee really makes the judgements behind closed doors.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I had any questions.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory (Menlo Park, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I didn't even have to go to the office until I officially accepted the offer. The interview was done over the phone and online. I had a wonderful phone conversation and I felt comfortable throughout the interview. Our conservation took roughly 30-40 minutes and I was asked the basic questions like the situational questions and background questions. After the phone interview, I was given a quiz to complete and I got my offer after that. The quiz basically gave scenarios of what I would do in a given situation.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a customer when company policy/law prohibits you from granting a customer request?   Answer Question

Administrative Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory (Menlo Park, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Phone screen, in-person interviews with a panel first then with two senior managers. Basic interview questions and questions related to the job description. Panel included subordinate level staff as well as peers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

First offer was lower than current; then they matched my current.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory (Menlo Park, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online and the HR Recruiter called and emailed me about interest and interview dates and time. I went in the following Friday, they were very accommodating to my current work schedule. I met with 2 people . They called me back for an additional panel interview I completed the following week.

Interview Questions

• How do handle the situation when you are given multiple high priority tasks?   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Very intense and complete. The interview panel consisted of three members who took turns asking very specific questions about my professional experience and asked me how would I resolve specific project management problems.

Interview Questions

• Experience and how would I respond to specific project management situations   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory.

Interview

Submit your resume online. Phone interview (technical/non-technical), on-site interview (panel), presentation, management interview. It's hard to find your way around SLAC, be sure they give you a map when your interview is scheduled.

Interview Questions

• They made me do a presentation. Not sure if all positions are required to do a presentation. Be ready to show how your experience maps to SLAC's need   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Phone screen, then in person interviews - 3 months after applying online.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Definitely negotiate, they definitely low-ball initial offers

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

phone screens with the hiring manager and a peer, then (nearly a month later) an on-site presentation to a small group, then silence from the hiring manager, not even a reply to my follow-up email--totally unprofessional

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory (Menlo Park, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

lengthy, multiple call backs, multiple technical interviews, very wide range of questions, few employees who need to wear a lot of hats and change roles on a whim, close knit community

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory.

Interview

Phone interview followed by on-site interview and followed by on-site presentation. They ask specific questions. Interviewers are friendly and knowledgeable. They try to judge your knowledge and capability. They don't try to intimidate you or pressurize you. More interested in aptitude, skills and team work qualities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There were no negotiations.