SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory Interview Questions

Interviews at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory.

Interview

30 minute video interview. Interviewer first gave a brief background of what they do at SLAC. He mostly asked questions about projects listed on the resume and behavioral scenarios. Technical questions were not asked.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory (Menlo Park, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

I applied for a LCLS/CDS System Administrator position because it seemed like an easy transition from my previous role and I was intrigued by the possibility of working with or supporting cutting edge scientific research. The interview was very easy; stock Linux Administration questions, and I thought I had done pretty well. It took well over a month and several emails from me before I was informed that I hadn't been selected. No real reason given. The sad thing is that they couldn't be bothered to close out my application up to this very date (02/25/2020). I found this out when I saw that the position I had applied for was still being advertised and I tried to submit an application, only to be told that I have an active application in the system.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

Interview lasted for 30 - 45 mins. The Process was good since it covered discussions on my past academics, experiences and later some questions regarding my Resume. The interview was technical which involved questions on communication protocols, embedded chips, FPGA and VHDL Basics.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory (College Station, TX) in October 2018.

Interview

I had applied online and then I got a call the very next day from HR wanting to conduct a phone screening and asking my questions about my experience in project management and software.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the Projects you've managed?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory (Menlo Park, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online and the HR Recruiter called and emailed me about interest and interview dates and time. I went in the following Friday, they were very accommodating to my current work schedule. I met with 2 people . They called me back for an additional panel interview I completed the following week.

Interview Questions

• How do handle the situation when you are given multiple high priority tasks?   1 Answer

Sustainability Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory (Menlo Park, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Back and forth discussion whilst touring the facility. The employer showed the types of projects he is involved in and what my involvement would be. Not focused on technical questions but more interested to see if my passions lied in green engineering.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory (Menlo Park, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

First round is HR screening. Then they sent me Excel skill test. Final round is two panel interviews. No response after final round. Send email to HR. She read my email (shown in my email tracking) but didn't even bother to say "Thank you, but no. Thank you." Apparently, this place has no respect to interviewees.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example how you work on a project.
      What do you do in leisure time?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory (Menlo Park, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

First had a phone interview with relevant group, then another with the group leader. Was eventually flown out to meet with everyone I would be working with. Talked to about 5 people over the course of an entire day.

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory (Menlo Park, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Although there was 6 months between submitting the application and the first phone call, the overall process was well managed. They seemed to have a standard set of questions that are used for the hiring process, which made it seem a bit impersonal. The only drawback was how long it took to go from application to job offer.

Interview Questions

• How does your past experience prepare you for this role?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory (Menlo Park, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I didn't even have to go to the office until I officially accepted the offer. The interview was done over the phone and online. I had a wonderful phone conversation and I felt comfortable throughout the interview. Our conservation took roughly 30-40 minutes and I was asked the basic questions like the situational questions and background questions. After the phone interview, I was given a quiz to complete and I got my offer after that. The quiz basically gave scenarios of what I would do in a given situation.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a customer when company policy/law prohibits you from granting a customer request?   Answer Question