SPAR Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SPAR Group Interview Questions

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SPAR Group (Lubbock, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

More of a job overview than an interview. It was over the phone. Client District Manager just explained what the job entailed and asked if it was something I would be interested in. I was hired on the spot. The only problem I had was that the interview was rescheduled several times, you have to be a little persistent but once the interview was over I started working the next day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SPAR Group.

Interview

Interview was standard. There was a phone screen and from there I spoke with a couple of other managers. Spoke again with an HR person and an offer was made. HR was a large part of the process and helpful with many of my questions concerning benefits and stuff like that.

Anonymous Employee in Society Hill, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SPAR Group (Society Hill, SC) in January 2015.

Interview

He called me and had left me a voicemail explaining he pulled my resume off the web which really excited me.. I proceeded to return the call and he asked me a few background questions and explained the company, who they are, what they do, who they are partnered with, and then asked me when I could start! I was thrilled!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in merchandising before?   1 Answer
    • Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

My own schedule is made up to me to make for myself so all I have to do is keep a working cellphone and use my cellphone to do my job.

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SPAR Group in January 2015.

Interview

They don't ask much of anything mainly because they are just so desperate to find warm bodies to do the disgusting work you'll find yourself doing. They are so happy to find people that are willing to drive into dangerous neighborhoods that they honestly care very little about your qualifications or experience

Interview Questions

• Can you work and lift 40 lbs.   1 Answer

Account Manager, Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SPAR Group (Auburn Hills, MI) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview was pretty easy. The men I interviewed with, who would be my bosses, were easy to get along with and asked pretty standard questions. They were super flexible with scheduling, knowing that I was commuting from several hours away to interview for this position. I applied online, had a phone screening the very next day, was asked to come in for an interview a few days later, and one week after that I was offered the position. Because I was moving several hours to take the job and my new apartment wasn't ready to move in to yet, the company paid to put me up in a hotel for my first week, which was very generous.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-5, how would you rate your written and verbal communication skills, respectively?   Answer Question

Interview

Migrated from Marketforce. Completed many contracts prior to reactivating with Spar Business Services. Nothing much else to say really other than the online system Marketforce used was much more up front and provided a lot more "current" data so you really understood what you were walking into.

Negotiation

Straightforward. I would recommend asking for as much information on the location as possible, as this was not provided to me prior to going in. Who am I working with? Who is the team lead? Is the project on time? Etc. Ask, ask, ask.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SPAR Group (Seattle, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

Was all done over the phone after responding to an ad and sending a copy of my resume.

Interview Questions

• It was more of a discussion than an interview. The person I spoke with was an assistant manager and basically just gave me an overview of the position.   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SPAR Group.

Interview

online application and a phone call and you start

Interview Questions

• none realy must have computer with internet access access   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SPAR Group.

Interview

Interview process was very standard. I had 2 interviews with 1 Director each time. Mostly focused on how I would contribute to the team. Also since most Account Managers work closely with their Director they try to get a feel for your personality to ensure you are a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Open ended questions...Tell me a time you and a manager did not agree on a course of action? What did you do? How did you overcome the disagreement?

Why should we hire you over the other candidates?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay here is really not negotiable...expect 30K for supervisor and higher 30's to low 40's for account managers.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SPAR Group in August 2013.

Interview

Friendly, professional managers for the first interview was in-person with two managers conducting interview, interview lasted about 2hrs this was not all direct questions but a lot of casual conversation talking about past jobs and learning about the company. The second part of the interview process I had two phone interviews, one with management and one with Human Resources.

Interview Questions

• What are the top three duties in the job you now have or in your most recent job?
      What are some typical decisions that you make and how do you make them?
      What do you think you would do for this organization that someone else wouldn’t?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What are your computer skills? Are you proficient in Microsoft Excel?
      Answer Question