SRP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SRP (Tempe, AZ) in February 2018.

Interview

1)Personality and Cognitive test
    You do some online tests to see if you have the ability to think quickly and accurately and are good at using IT and navigating around systems under pressure.

2) Phone interview.
    You need to call in and wait for your call to be answered by a preliminary interviewer. Everyone calls in at the assigned time and it's a first come, first service system. You will find out on the call whether you will move on to an in-person interview or not.

3) In-person interview.
    You will be assigned a time slot along with around 20 other applicants and that will run all day possibly for 2 days. Keep in mind that it's around 2000 applicants per hiring round and maybe 200 make it to the in-person interviews. This round is made up of an informational meeting and then a "speed dating" round. There are like 12 desks set up with one to two interviewers and you rotate through the tables with some off time since there are more interviewees than there are tables. you get 1 minute to have your question asked and for you to answer the question. Be precise and concise. Research the company. Research where you could go be in the future since the company hires a lot from within.
    4) Drug screening.
    Those that are short-listed after the speed dating will go to a drug test and about a week later, you'll know if you got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you handled a difficult situation.   1 Answer

College Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SRP (Tempe, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Had phone interview first, then two in-person interviews. Everyone was very nice and timely. Always communicated back when they said they would. Most of the questions were standard, but they seemed to really care about my knowledge about the company, customer service and interest in learning. Everyone was very open to me asking questions. Flexible with my school schedule when scheduling my interview. Interview was in a conference room and they even showed me a little bit of the floor before I left.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for this company?   1 Answer

College Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SRP (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied for Control Engineering department. Brief phone screen interview and then on site interview with manager, supervisor, and engineer. Behavioral interview, went over my resume, asked about my work ethic and how I stand out. Very laid back and friendly.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SRP.

Interview

I applied on SRP's website and received an email about 1 month later stating that I have interview for the position. The person in the email said to call a number and we'll get scheduled, so I did and everything was set up. I get there and am brought into a conference room. I was under the impression there would be 3, maybe 5 people max interviewing me. Wrong. The entire division of 10 people came in to ask me interview questions along with the director. This wasn't some high profile management position so I don't know what they were thinking.

Interview Questions

• Questions like 'name a time when...'; 'have you ever had a difficult experience with another employee...'. Seemed to be mostly behavioral questions with specific questions about your background thrown in there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SRP (Tempe, AZ) in August 2013.

Interview

Odd interview. Overly grilled on number of areas, not so much on my abilities but in other areas. They were thorough, so be prepared to give detailed answers on your skillsets and quite a long variety of questions they will bombard you with (those awful behavioral ones we only like a couple of ? they ask them all then think up a few more of their own)

Interview Questions

• Asked repeatedly (4 times in a single interview) how I would handle interruptions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SRP (Tempe, AZ) in July 2009.

Interview

they asked basic questions about background and about my expereince in what I was applying for.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SRP (Tempe, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

The team was very poker faced and had no emotions. They did not seem very friendly at all. A lot of questions regarding process and methodology. In hindsight, they should have asked more technical questions considering that they had a big wish list.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to add a dlll.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Done through contracting firm.

Senior .NET Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SRP in May 2013.

Interview

Contact by recruiter followed by interview with SRP. Accepted job offer within the hour.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SRP (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2018.

Interview

My interview experience at SRP was strange. I was contacted fairly quickly after applying to the job. I personally did not have a phone screen, so I can't say for sure whether that might be an interview step included for others. Maybe it depends on the position. My only actual interview here was a panel style with those dreaded behavioral and situational questions (it helps to prepare your answers as much as you can...). I felt as though it was implied to me, in not so many words, that they would ultimately hire internally for the position. If that is going to be the case, why bother bringing anyone else in for an interview? Seems like a waste of everyone's time? I believe that legally, they have to post the job externally and maybe they are required to bring in a few external candidates, too. Who knows? It seems like unless you are already working there or maybe have some kind of close contact who can get you in, you can probably kiss any chance you have goodbye. Also, if you look at LinkedIn profiles, it looks as though some employees tend to move to other, higher-level positions in completely different functions in which they don't necessarily have experience. Arguably, I may have been more qualified than the folks interviewing me, and that is never a good thing...

Land Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SRP (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

One on one interview with direct supervisor and then panel interview with co-workers based on written behavioral interview questionnaire. One on once covered skills and experience. Panel interview was SAR type.

Interview Questions

• Panel interview consisted of typical Situation/Action/Results questions. Several with little relevance to the position.   Answer Question

IT Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SRP.

Interview

From what I hear, SRP is a great company to work for but they are slow in making decisions. I had an interview over a month ago, and they still have not made a decision as to who they would like to bring into the organization (I know this because I have family connections that can give me updates through the Hiring Manager there).

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with the different theories associated with Change Management?   1 Answer