SRS Distribution Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Manager-In-Training (MIT) Interview

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SRS Distribution (McKinney, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Met at a career fair in college. Recruiter sent an email the next week saying they wanted a phone interview. Did the phone interview, then had an on campus interview about two weeks later with a branch manager and territory manager. Then, they flew me up to DFW where I interviewed with the VP of Operations, CHRO, and CEO. All of it was very relaxed, questions where asking where you grew up, what you like to do, what you did in college. They're trying to see if it's easy to hold a conversation with you. Easy stuff. And for a multimillion dollar company to have their CEO doing interviews for two days, they take this stuff pretty seriously. Final interview was Friday, received an offer letter the next Monday, which was not normal for everyone that did the final interview, but to each his own

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You either accept or not. I didn't negotiate, pretty decent deal compared to what a lot of people were offered.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SRS Distribution.

Interview

Met the company at a career fair after which i emailed them about the position. They rescheduled my interview 3 times, and after my phone interview never called me back.

Interview Questions

SRS Distribution Response

Nov 5, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

I understand it is frustrating. We have a small recruiting team and due to our workload, I had to push the Summer 2016 Internship interviewing to November/December.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SRS Distribution.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter following a career fair at my University. First round of interviews included an in depth phone interview with the recruiter in which I was asked questions regarding my experience with critical thinking and team work in my previous jobs. Second round of interviews involved a face to face interview with the branch manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe and instance in which you had to critical thinking to accomplish a task in the workplace.   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SRS Distribution (College Station, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I was initially set up with a phone interview that covered basic resume questions and background information. I was then prompted to complete an online one way web interview that the branch managers would review. Next came a web chat interview with the branch manager. I ended up choosing not to continue with the hiring process as another opportunity arose, but the process was easy and the interviewers were very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SRS Distribution.

Interview

Had a lunch and learn where VPs, head salesmen, branch managers, and inside sales force. Next I learned more information about them at the career fair. At the fair, I got to sign up for an interview with the head HR worker. Next they invited me to an interview with the VP. After that I was given a possible location and had a final interview with the local branch manager.

Interview Questions

• Where are your top three places you would like to work for.   Answer Question

Manager-In-Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SRS Distribution (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on their website. Received a call from the recruiter and had a simple basic conversation regarding past experience, who I am, etc. Then was told I would have a phone interview with a district manager who was very nice and easy to talk to. It was a very short conversation mainly just to see if I could have a simple conversation and discussed a few job qualities I had. Next was a panel interview with the VP of HR, VP of Operations, Head Recruiter, and the President of the company. I met with the recruiter for about 15 minutes before the interview then was taken into the room for the interview. The interview lasted 30 minutes and was very quick and ended abruptly. The panel interview was much more formal than the past interviews and conversations. Then was told they would like for me to meet with a Branch Manager who they think I would work best with. Visited the Branch Manager at their branch where he showed me the facility, introduced me to the employees, took me to lunch, then went back to his branch where we talked about daily activities that would be expected. They then sent an offer letter about two weeks later where I accepted without negotiating.

Interview Questions

• From your internship, what would you change about the branch if you were the Branch Manger and how would you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose your university?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to relocate?   Answer Question
    • Why did you apply to SRS over other companies?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SRS Distribution.

Interview

Extensive interview process, they want the best of the best. I went through 3 phone interviews and then I was flown to the headquarters in McKinney, TX and had my final interview in front of the executives.

Interview Questions

• Situation questions on how you would handle a conflict. Also, they ask questions to gauge your personality which helps them find the best location to put you.   1 Answer

Manager-In-Training Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SRS Distribution in November 2017.

Interview

I met a few employees at a career fair and eventually got a call from HR in Texas. I had an initial phone interview that went very well and then was scheduled to have an in person interview with a VP (months later*). The interview with the VP went very well and I was invited to come to final rounds of interviews in Texas in early December, which I tried to reschedule because it was in the middle of finals. The HR was extremely unprofessional the whole time and was unresponsive to many of my emails. I was "ghosted" after I could not attend the final interview in December and none of my emails have be responded to. The interview process was poor and unprofessional. Seems like they are too busy to keep up with candidates because they are trying to fill so many slots.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SRS Distribution (McKinney, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews . Then I took a personality, skills and Iqbal test online. Next was having a in person interview at one of the branches. Everyone I spoke with seemed like great people.

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at SRS Distribution.

Interview

Placement agency easy and to the point. Could tell they were already stretched thin. Several predecessors. Process and decisions were not uniform across all management. PMP there was very over her job. Management changed first week on the job. The regional sales managers seem to be successful but corporate seemed to be exhausted.