SThree Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Senior Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SThree (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process is designed in a way to give you a true depiction of your potential colleagues, working environment and daily routine. As a result, it's more detailed and lengthy than other companies. First step, apply online and you'll be emailed for a personality and intelligence assessment. Afterwards, phone interview with HR contact. Next, face to face interview with lead of the division you're intending to work with and higher level manager. Last, you'll come in for a final interview with another high level manager and two others (probably the same two you interviewed with previously). During the last interview, you'll also do a work sample and a presentation. All in all, you have an opportunity to show your investment in your new career and be able to evaluate the company as a whole (aka you can formulate your own opinions instead of only seeing these reviews). My HR contact was awesome and she was always available to answer any questions I had during the process. Everyone I encountered was transparent and candid. There may be some negative reviews on here, but I encourage anyone who is reading this to take it with a grain of salt and not prevent these reviews (good or bad) to curb your decision to interview and find out for yourself.

Interview Questions

• The majority of the questions are in a behavioral-based format. If you're familiar and prepared, it'll be an easy interview. "Describe a time when [insert situation to uncover applicable qualities for the job]"   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SThree (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I was a recent grad applying for many recruiting positions within Chicago and the women working for this agency was rude to me during the phone interview. She made me feel stupid and unexperienced when I've had two internships under my belt right out of college. She didn't seem interested in the conversation at all.

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

Interview process was long. First was a phone screen. Second was a 2 hour in person. Very unprofessional. The both people I met with were 25 minutes late. They also changed the interview time on me the morning of the interview while I was on the train. Third and final round was long and intense. They put you on the phones and have you lie and lead on candidates just for their managers names so they can get more business. They take you to lunch then you give a presentation. They were also late for that. While I was giving my presentation the VP was very rude and seems like she didn't have any interest in my presentation.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SThree (Houston, TX).

Interview

Two interview rounds - 1st interview with direct hiring manager, second interview with hiring manager and their boss. Pretty straightforward process and received feedback and an offer in a timely window.

Interview Questions

• Sell me your resume like you would sell a candidate in to a hiring manager.   Answer Question

Associate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SThree (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

They claim that they hire entry level/fresh graduates and are willing to train but they decided to "move forward with other candidates who have more sales experience". What a load of BS. If they were really true to their word, they would have been willing to hire me. I met all their other qualifications plus I have recruiting experience. Anyway, first I had a phone interview then I was invited to come into the Chicago office. Waste of my time

Interview Questions

• Name a time you faced a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SThree (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was really thorough as they want to make sure you are the right fit. A three round interview process. Great company, great people, and great atomosphere!!

Associate Candidate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SThree (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I got a call from one of their Talent Acquisition Associates who said she found my resume on Career Builder. After she told me about the open position, I was asked to fill out a 30 minute assessment online. I got a call later that day for a phone interview. She just asked basic questions and explained the position and company more in depth. I was scheduled for an in person interview the next week where I met two of the managers. I was asked a lot of sales and "describe a time" scenario questions. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. I got a call 2 days later saying I didn't get the position because they were looking for someone with more sales experience. I feel like it was a waste of time coming in because you can already tell how much sales experience I have based off of my resume. After looking at other reviews, it seems like they tell a lot of people that.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you set a goal and how did you reach it?   Answer Question

SThree Response

Sep 11, 2017 – Director of Talent

Thank you for the feedback, we never want any candidate to feel like their time was wasted. While we do use resume was one of the sources of information in the selection process, we prefer to not... More

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SThree.

Interview

I applied and the next day I spoke briefly with someone over the phone and by the end of the week, I had my first interview. There are two rounds and then an offer, unfortunately I did not get an offer nor a second interview because the company wanted to "head in a different direction" which sucks cause I really wanted the gig

Interview Questions

• Name a time you did something just for yourself, without anyone else pushing you to do it, and you felt proud   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Interview

They did not move forward with me but were really nice about it. They even connected me with a recruiting firm that is about to get me an offer.

I may not have moved forward with them but I love this company and hope you apply.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SThree (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Lasted about two hours. Met with one person first and if they feel you did well you meet with a second person. They ask a lot of the same questions just worded differently but no matter what I said they did not seem satisfied with my answer and didn't seem like they believed what I was saying. I was previously on the path to going to grad school but told them probably 5 times during the interview that is no longer my plan and they ended up not hiring me because they still didn't believe that I was going to stay and not run off to school.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SThree (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later I received an invitation to take a personality test. I took the test and about 2 hours later received an impromptu phone interview. I was asked about my background and why I wanted to get into recruiting. About an hour after the phone interview, I received another call inviting me to a face to face interview the following week. I got an email confirming the interview location and time along with interview tips (which did not help at all).

The next week I arrived about 15 mins early to the interview only to be told to take a name tag, therefore I knew this was a group interview. There were about 12 people in a conference room. We were given a presentation about the company, then the managers came in and gave us their background. Lastly, we were asked to break into teams and perform a mock sale. After the sales exercise, we were told we were going to break for lunch and they would be deciding who would be getting 1 on 1 interviews with the managers (how this decision was made when there was no prior 1 on 1 interaction, no one knows). After the break, I was called outside and told that my resume was very impressive but I was not a fit at this time. Biggest waste of 3 hours of my life!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you failed and how you overcame it   Answer Question

SThree Response

May 24, 2017 – Director of Talent

We apologize for any miscommunication during the selection process. It seems you were invited to one of our Assessment Days. While not a typical interview you’ll experience with many employers, we... More