SThree Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SThree Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

3.3

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SThree.

Interview

Two phone interviews, with an aptitude test in between that you had to either "pass" or "fail". The first phone interview was unscheduled, and the second one only came after you "passed" the two tests.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SThree (Houston, TX).

Interview

The first interview I met with two people at separate times, overall it lasted about two hours. I was asked normal interview questions until towards the end of each individual interview. They asked me "why recruiting" about 7 different ways and never seemed quite satisfied with the answers given to them. I was told to "dig deep" and find "personal deep reasons" that I wanted to do this recruiting job and have my answer prepared for the second interview.
    The second interview was, first, another individual interview with the VP whom I had not previously met. Followed by a group interview with 4 people and then I was required to give a PowerPoint presentation to those people about why SThree should hire me and why I want SThree. I thought that these requirements were excessive for this company and this type/level of job. Towards the end of the interview I couldn't wait for it to be over because, again, I was asked "my why" over and over. After being told my qualifications meet all of the requirements and I would be good at the job, it became clear that "my why" was the only factor they were truly taking into consideration.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you failed and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Outside of academics, what was a personal goal you set and then met? How did you do that?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in recruiting?   Answer Question
    • In this job you will be faced with failure after failure, how do you handle failure?   Answer Question
    • What experiences in your past makes you qualified for recruiting?   Answer Question

Senior Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SThree (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process is designed in a way to give you a true depiction of your potential colleagues, working environment and daily routine. As a result, it's more detailed and lengthy than other companies. First step, apply online and you'll be emailed for a personality and intelligence assessment. Afterwards, phone interview with HR contact. Next, face to face interview with lead of the division you're intending to work with and higher level manager. Last, you'll come in for a final interview with another high level manager and two others (probably the same two you interviewed with previously). During the last interview, you'll also do a work sample and a presentation. All in all, you have an opportunity to show your investment in your new career and be able to evaluate the company as a whole (aka you can formulate your own opinions instead of only seeing these reviews). My HR contact was awesome and she was always available to answer any questions I had during the process. Everyone I encountered was transparent and candid. There may be some negative reviews on here, but I encourage anyone who is reading this to take it with a grain of salt and not prevent these reviews (good or bad) to curb your decision to interview and find out for yourself.

Interview Questions

• The majority of the questions are in a behavioral-based format. If you're familiar and prepared, it'll be an easy interview. "Describe a time when [insert situation to uncover applicable qualities for the job]"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The recruiter I dealt with was very professional and helpful. He gave me feedback during the interview process, critiqued my final presentation, and he didn't leave me hanging when it was time to let me know whether I was moving on in the process. I wish other companies were as honest with their candidates and also gave as much feedback as SThree because that's the only way to improve.

I had four interviews - two phone interviews, a video interview, and a five-hour in-person interview consisting of a work sample, a presentation, and then a meeting with three hiring managers. The people I dealt with during the first three interviews were fair and asked legitimate questions that related to my ability to do the job at a high level.

The issues I had with the company occurred during the final interview. One of the hiring managers showed up more than 40 minutes late for my presentation without giving any notice. The same hiring manager also did not apologize and also didn't care about my time. The interview also ran 90 minutes long, which was inconsiderate.

The hiring managers did not care about my relevant skills and experience related to the job I applied for. Instead, they bullied and verbally harassed me for a half-hour on irrelevant things that had nothing to do with whether I'd be a good fit for the job. They claimed they were "putting me under pressure", but they were making personal attacks and were extremely unprofessional. The managers need to realize this is a job and that we are not pledging a fraternity.

If you want a company that will treat you with respect and ask you fair questions during your job interview, I recommend you stay away from SThree. I read the negative reviews on the interview process before my first interview, and unfortunately they were accurate.

Sales Ledger Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SThree (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The recruitment manager gave me a call to come in and be in a 1:1 interview with their manager. At the set time I came in and was greeted by their front desk clerk. She offered me a glass of water and I was then taken back to do the interview. The manager was a very friendly and personable person, and seemed to be good at reading people.

Interview Questions

• What do you know to do in Excel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SThree (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied for position online. Almost immediately contacted for initial phone screening. Call lasted for about 15 minutes and consisted of basic questions regarding current role. After completing aptitude test I was brought in to meet with hiring managers about a role at Sthree. Final interview is a work sample and brief 10 minute presentation on why you are right for the position.

Business Development Consultant/Recruiter Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal Lake, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SThree (Crystal Lake, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Extremely lengthy. I first conducted an initial phone interview and was then invited to their facility for a face to face interview where I spoke 3 different hiring managers and asked some basic questions pertaining to background, experience, and situations related to the role. Was then asked to perform a short sales role play and afterwards was invited to a follow on interview and work sample for the following day. The following day for the work sample I arrived at 9 am and did a short work sample generating leads for about 3 hours. The work sample was very unrealistic as they had me generating leads from an outdated unreliable website so it didn't truly provide an opportunity to accomplish the task. The work sample also did get me an accurate representation of someone who has doing the actual role that I was applying for. At noon I then had an opportunity to go out to a lunch with one of their business developer who I was told was successful and got to ask some more direct off the cuff questions. Shortly after an hour lunch I had to kill 2 hours before I could have my final interview which consisted of a brief 10-15 min PowerPoint presentation that answered basic questions about the role, key skills that I had that would make me successful in the role, my goals within the first 6 months, and finally why I wanted to work at SThree. The presentation was then follow up by a panel interview of 3 different hiring managers who proceeded to ask similar question to the first round interview. The final hiring manager which was the Vice President asked more challenging questions and questions that are designed to make an applicant doubt their skills and have to respond appropriately with a cited example of why the hiring manager was wrong. In a results driven business this technique is okay appropriate as it shows a candidates ability to sell themselves when confronted with disinterest. After the tough interview questions you are then asked to do another role play which you are given 5 minutes to prepare a script for selling a marketing ad. You then are instructed to use the same skills you used on the first role play and close on the customer. The second role-play is also much more demanding than the first one but achievable. You must have every skill step if you don't the role play won't go the way you want it to and you must create a fear of loss to close it. Overall I was given an offer that I was told about briefly from the beginning which I was already not too fond of but since I was currently employed and willing to go through full interviews proceeded to undergo the whole interview process. Overall very detailed interview process which is good but again time consuming and the same results could be achieved without having to undergo so much. I understand from the company's point of view to maintain low attrition but I interviewed at other staffing companies that achieved the same results in fewer steps.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals for the first six months working here   Answer Question

I rejected the offer because as I mentioned someone with a family who has a special needs family member the base salary is far too low in the short term and even if you become successful quickly and accumulate commission you still have to pay a lot of out of pocket expenses for frequent medical services which my child requires. If they had a better benefits package and offered some form of drawback salary that might've helped.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SThree (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was average, but longer than most. You are first phone screened, which only lasts about 30 min. Then you must complete two online tests, one personality test and one skills assessment test. Next you have to complete an online interview via webcam. If you pass the three online assessments, you will go to an in-person interview with a few employees. If you pass, you will then go back for a second and final interview which consists of a presentation in front of a panel.

Client Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SThree (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Very Lengthy. I had a phone interview with an HR person, took 2 online assessments, Had a skype interview with 2 managers (they interviewed me individually) lasted 2 hours and included a surprise roll play scenario, short review with HR again to confirm interest in continuing, went in to office to meet team and be on the phone for a couple of hours. At least 1 more interview is required after this process. Interviews were very structured, they know exactly what they want to ask and who they want to hire.

Interview Questions

• How do you operate in a competitive environment. How would you be successful in this position.   Answer Question

Specialist Staffing Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SThree (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted to schedule a brief conversation over the phone. Then I was called to schedule a phone interview and shortly after, a face-to-face interview. After the interview, no one contacted me to inform me that they were not interested in moving forward and I decided to call them myself to get feedback. I was told I didn't get the offer because I was too generic when asked certain work style questions. If memory serves me well, I gave very specific responses to work style questions and refused to go into detail as to why I was actively looking. I feel like the person who asked me the question just really wanted to know my personal life and didn't get it from me as they thought they would have. This particular person showed on her face that she had no interest in what I was saying at all and just wanted to go through with the interview because she had to. I personally would not recommend that you waste your time considering this company because the process was just a waste of time. I guess I received generic feedback because I gave generic responses.

Interview Questions

• Why are you deciding to leave your job after only a few months of being there?   1 Answer

SThree Response

Aug 29, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Many thanks for taking the time to send us your feedback. Our interview process comprises of a number of interviewers, all of whom will ask competency based questions requiring as much in depth ... More