SUNY Albany Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.1

Resident Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUNY Albany (Albany, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

First round phone interview with one RD. Second round on campus about an hour long with a presentation. Shorter than normal on campus interviews, people were nice though.

Assistant Professor Interview

Interview

I submit my application to a position advertised on the website. The chair of the department contacted me 3 weeks later asking me for my letter of recommendation. After that, I was invited to an on-site interview one month later. I received the verbal offer four days after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Lots about my current research, plans in the future, teaching abilities,   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, it lasted 3 weeks before we reached an agreement

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SUNY Albany (Albany, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a series of interviews during one day. First, you have a 1:1 interview with someone from higher management. After, you have a group interview of about 2-4 people. This includes people you can potentially work with and higher management. They ask a series of questions; specifically about your skills and what skills you wish to gain.

Interview Questions

• How will this relate to your career goals?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SUNY Albany (Albany, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Easy questions regarding my courses, achievements and future goals. Web development experience, follow up assignment, web hosting experience. Various departmental websites.Easy questions regarding my courses, achievements and future goals. Web development experience, follow up assignment, web hosting experience. Various departmental websites.Easy questions regarding my courses, achievements and future goals. Web development experience, follow up assignment, web hosting experience. Various departmental websites.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SUNY Albany.

Interview

One on one interview with manager who would possibly be your team member. This is a small department and manager is your team members.They look for a specific set of skill in you depending on the project they have in hand. In my case the were not sure about the technology they were going to use for the development of the software package. So it was a generic interview.

Interview Questions

• I had a easy one as my interviewer luckily meet me at my previous internship for that project. We spent most of the time discussing the progress of that project/   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Albany (Albany, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Was called for an interview about a month after application deadline. Interview consisted of 2 separate ones - one with department staff, and one with a search committee from various offices within the university. Both interviews were extensive, about 2 hours total. It was my first "panel style" interview, so I found the process intimidating, I was told that this style is typical to SUNY - so, be prepared for 8-12 people interviewing you. It was obvious that they have a very orchestrated system for interviewing, one question after another, round-robin style. Not as conversational as I am used to with smaller companies/organizations.

Interview Questions

• Questions ranged from general to very specific (relating to the position). Some generic ones like, tell us about yourself, to ones that tested your ability to critique yourself and extend your understanding of certain job functions.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at SUNY Albany (Albany, NY).

Interview

Email first. Get an excuse to have a conversation with your would-be-boss if you can. Get to know eachother and your respective research interests before you apply. Then you're not just another face in the crowd. Go for a campus visit if you can.

Interview Questions

• Why you would be a good fit (what is your burning research question)   Answer Question

Career Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SUNY Albany.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone screen with the hiring committee. The committee was five or six folks, some of whom worked in the office. They asked the usual run of questions; "Tell us about yourself", etc. They gave ample opportunity for me to provide details of my qualification through several behavioral interview questions. This was followed by an in-person interview with the committee, director and a presentation. It was a pretty standard interview process. All involved were very kind and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• Creating a presentation is an expectation for this type of role...that doesn't make it less nerve-wracking.   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SUNY Albany (Albany, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied in May 2014, by emailing a resume and cover letter, did not receive a call for interview until June. Basic interview questions. The Interview was more of a get to know you interview. Pretty basic if you have a great GPA and are involved on the campus that is always a plus!

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position? What have you done on campus to make a change?   Answer Question

Assistant Librarian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Albany (Albany, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy and straight. They asked about last work experience, some basic questions they had in a list. Even about some social volunteering did before. What is your experience of working with various software applications and programming language. Specially they mentioned about the work I might be doing on the Android application which was going to launch soon.