SUNY Albany Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Sort:

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SUNY Albany (Albany, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I was called to their office. The interview was over within 15 minutes. The interviewer wanted to know about my skills, technologies and platforms I could work in. She then asked me about my availability. No technical questions asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you and what you plan to do professionally?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SUNY Albany (Albany, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Easy questions regarding my courses, achievements and future goals. Web development experience, follow up assignment, web hosting experience. Various departmental websites.Easy questions regarding my courses, achievements and future goals. Web development experience, follow up assignment, web hosting experience. Various departmental websites.Easy questions regarding my courses, achievements and future goals. Web development experience, follow up assignment, web hosting experience. Various departmental websites.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SUNY Albany (Albany, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

After years of working with the University in various capacities they offered me the opportunity to work as an adjunct. I met with the administration after being recommended and they told me about the position and offered it to me. It wasn't exactly an interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in taking the job given the pay and benefits?   1 Answer

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Albany (Albany, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

meet with administrative manager, ask what courses available and i can teach, what is my teaching plan, portfolio, statement, research plan, also meet with professor panel, discuss research and teaching fields of concentration, class size, work load, etc.

Senior Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SUNY Albany (Albany, NY).

Interview

The job description was vague because the hiring manager was confused and ignorant of what the department needed.

Interview Questions

• None - the search committees were pleasant and easy to speak with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None - I was lied to about this being a permanent job, which it was not. Only after starting work was I again lied to and told it was permanent, but I needed to sign a term contract anyway. Beware of lying hiring managers. They are even worse than I could possibly describe.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SUNY Albany (Albany, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

I spoke with a person who made the hiring decision and based on my qualifications I was hired. I don't think the in-person "interview" was really that serious. It was more of an academic advisement situation. I assume the professors just checked out my resume and decided it based on that alone. I'm not sure any interview is actually required for a teaching assistant position. Those positions are relatively straight forward.

Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SUNY Albany (Albany, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

It was brief as the manager was overwhelmed and really needed someone in the position. Now I am just writing things because glass door makes me write them or it won't submit my work. So I will keep writing things until I hit the minimum required 30 words until then I will keep complaining about the fact that my short comment wasn't enough. I really had already said all I needed to say and there wasn't anything more to say about the issues.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SUNY Albany (Albany, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied in May 2014, by emailing a resume and cover letter, did not receive a call for interview until June. Basic interview questions. The Interview was more of a get to know you interview. Pretty basic if you have a great GPA and are involved on the campus that is always a plus!

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position? What have you done on campus to make a change?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SUNY Albany (Albany, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a series of interviews during one day. First, you have a 1:1 interview with someone from higher management. After, you have a group interview of about 2-4 people. This includes people you can potentially work with and higher management. They ask a series of questions; specifically about your skills and what skills you wish to gain.

Interview Questions

• How will this relate to your career goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SUNY Albany (Albany, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got called for interview. met with my future boss directly. she was very nice conversational. Asked a few behavioral questions. interview was about 1 hour. and i got a call soon after the interview. Once the interview process really started it went fast