SUNY Albany Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.1

Resident Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUNY Albany (Albany, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

First round phone interview with one RD. Second round on campus about an hour long with a presentation. Shorter than normal on campus interviews, people were nice though.

Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SUNY Albany (Albany, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

It was brief as the manager was overwhelmed and really needed someone in the position. Now I am just writing things because glass door makes me write them or it won't submit my work. So I will keep writing things until I hit the minimum required 30 words until then I will keep complaining about the fact that my short comment wasn't enough. I really had already said all I needed to say and there wasn't anything more to say about the issues.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SUNY Albany (Albany, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed setting. Had interviewed in a Resident Directors office. Two higher-up will always interview you. It could be a combination of students who are already RAs or housing managers (HMs oversee the apartment) or resident directors. Took about 20 minutes. Got a call that evening saying that I got the position. I got hired mid-semester, so the process might be different for you. My friend told me about the position, so I sent my cover letter and resume to the resident director and he contacted me back.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a challenge and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Interview

I submit my application to a position advertised on the website. The chair of the department contacted me 3 weeks later asking me for my letter of recommendation. After that, I was invited to an on-site interview one month later. I received the verbal offer four days after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Lots about my current research, plans in the future, teaching abilities,   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, it lasted 3 weeks before we reached an agreement

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SUNY Albany (Albany, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got called for interview. met with my future boss directly. she was very nice conversational. Asked a few behavioral questions. interview was about 1 hour. and i got a call soon after the interview. Once the interview process really started it went fast

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUNY Albany (Albany, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

2-part interview: first you are interviewed by two Central Office Directors and then followed by an interview with two quad coordinators. Both interviews had the exact same questions but with different interviewers. Be prepared to answer scenario-based questions rather than generic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What are the responsibilities of a Graduate Assistant on the quads/apartments?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SUNY Albany (Albany, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a series of interviews during one day. First, you have a 1:1 interview with someone from higher management. After, you have a group interview of about 2-4 people. This includes people you can potentially work with and higher management. They ask a series of questions; specifically about your skills and what skills you wish to gain.

Interview Questions

• How will this relate to your career goals?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SUNY Albany (Albany, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Easy questions regarding my courses, achievements and future goals. Web development experience, follow up assignment, web hosting experience. Various departmental websites.Easy questions regarding my courses, achievements and future goals. Web development experience, follow up assignment, web hosting experience. Various departmental websites.Easy questions regarding my courses, achievements and future goals. Web development experience, follow up assignment, web hosting experience. Various departmental websites.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SUNY Albany.

Interview

One on one interview with manager who would possibly be your team member. This is a small department and manager is your team members.They look for a specific set of skill in you depending on the project they have in hand. In my case the were not sure about the technology they were going to use for the development of the software package. So it was a generic interview.

Interview Questions

• I had a easy one as my interviewer luckily meet me at my previous internship for that project. We spent most of the time discussing the progress of that project/   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Albany (Albany, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Was called for an interview about a month after application deadline. Interview consisted of 2 separate ones - one with department staff, and one with a search committee from various offices within the university. Both interviews were extensive, about 2 hours total. It was my first "panel style" interview, so I found the process intimidating, I was told that this style is typical to SUNY - so, be prepared for 8-12 people interviewing you. It was obvious that they have a very orchestrated system for interviewing, one question after another, round-robin style. Not as conversational as I am used to with smaller companies/organizations.

Interview Questions

• Questions ranged from general to very specific (relating to the position). Some generic ones like, tell us about yourself, to ones that tested your ability to critique yourself and extend your understanding of certain job functions.   Answer Question