SUNY Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at SUNY

2.4

Sort:

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SUNY in February 2016.

Interview

The process is great with many recruiters at one place, I feel like at mars waiting for someone to rescue me.Things are doing fine and they don't seem to have a sense of what is like being interviewed.

Interview Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plattsburgh, NY

Application

I interviewed at SUNY (Plattsburgh, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews. In addition to a hiring manager, you make meet with managers, employees, and other staff.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUNY (Albany, NY).

Interview

First they will give a phone screening, then set up a time for onsite interview. The onsite is a Group/ Panel interview. You'll have 4-5 people asking you questions. They all were nice, also good to work with too. You will get a call or email in a week about further steps, if selected.

Interview Questions

• Basic technical questions, course-school related stuff, tried to know my interests so that they can give me a suitable project.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SUNY (Purchase, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by ten people from the search committee. Everyone was very nice and professional.I was interviewed by ten people from the search committee. Everyone was very nice and professional.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SUNY (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

I had a series of interviews with several of the faculty. Some were warm, but I could tell that there were departmental tensions lurking below the surface. Faculty seemed strained and definitely hedged in their responses to my questions about the work environment. The department is in a state of transition, and I'm sure political fault lines have sprung up as a result.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SUNY (Delhi, NY) in May 2008.

Interview

I applied online through the SUNY Delhi website, included CV and cover letter. VERY important to make it apparent as to how you will benefit the college as well as what you will take on to lessen the load of current employees. While a resume' may document your experience, those of you taking a new adventure into academia need to do some research and become comfortable with the creation of a Curriculum Vitae. These include papers written, presentations, areas of expertise, assocation memberships; not limitedd to one page at all.

After I applied, the wait was at least 6+weeks; while this job may be #1 in your head, the academic search committee moves much slower than the outside world. Remember that they are still teaching classes, etc while you are waiting for a response. I received an email to schedule a phone interview; their system was antiquated and used a speakerphone for the interview, so back and forth communication was clunky. I has three people in the room interviewing me. Basic questions.

I then received an email to set up a campus visit and interview. Time scheduled was not near enough and portions were rushed. I was given a FULL campus tour and when in dress clothes in the summer, it made for a worn appearance later during my sample lecture. Lunch was scheduled and the entire department was present; though I was starving, I couldn't eat because I was being asked difficult questions that needed to be treated professionally.

After lunch, I lectured and was cut off time-wise because they had run late on other parts of the interview. I was then 1:1 interviewed by the Division Dean, Human Resources, and the Provost. It was a whirlwind and exhausting because these were true interviews and not just chats.

The focus was what could I bring to SUNY Delhi, what was special about me, how would I make my mark on campus and professsionally. You are taking on a workload to ease their burden. You must love committee work and advising students. You are also very excited to take on more hours than the typical professor will somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel coming into an institution that looks to hire dynamic people ready to bring their background, education, and experience into play but the culture is full of colleagues resistant to change?   1 Answer
    • What type of changes would you like to introduce?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was given a range salary wise. I was staunch on my number but I think if I went over their highest number, I may have been refused. They were pretty set on the range. STATE SCHOOL with a STATE BUDGET!

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Paltz, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SUNY (New Paltz, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Two-step hiring process. Great questions were asked and the process went by very smoothly. I found out within about two weeks. It was an group/panel and while slightly intimidating, completely understandable why the process is what it is and I highly recommend leaving it this way.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of the biggest challenges in this position.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

simple behaviour questions, previous work experience and everything about person.questions were straight forward and to the point and were general in nature. they basically needed someone with good communication skills

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SUNY in March 2018.

Interview

It was essentially just sitting in a room with my potential supervisor and one of their employees. They asked basic questions about my experience and that was essentially the whole experience during the process of my interview at SUNY.

Software Development Interview

Interview

searching for a software development position