SUNY Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SUNY Interview Questions

Interviews at SUNY

2.4

Interview

usual questions on teaching and research agenda, statement and vision, asked the presentation on research/teaching (it's stated in advance) go through meeting some students and staff. campus tour, meet the faculty, see facilities

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUNY (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a panel of 3+ employees and I was in the hot seat. It was nerve-wracking, but got progressively better throughout. I submitted my app online, but didn't receive a call until a month or so later to see if I was still interested. Everything from there moved very quickly and smoothly.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SUNY.

Interview

There wasn't a hiring process because the professor chose candidates that they felt were going to benefit their research. They chose various students from different backgrounds with various strengths and weaknesses

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SUNY in March 2018.

Interview

It was essentially just sitting in a room with my potential supervisor and one of their employees. They asked basic questions about my experience and that was essentially the whole experience during the process of my interview at SUNY.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Paltz, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SUNY (New Paltz, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

They will email you once your resume gets shortlisted and then you will be asked to give a time slot for phone interview and in that they will mostly ask you regarding your background and once that is done they will call you for in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUNY (Syracuse, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The first interview was with the committee via Skype. This included a presentation to the committee which seemed a little backwards. The second and third interviews were on campus with higher level leadership.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the population of students at OCC?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SUNY in February 2016.

Interview

The process is great with many recruiters at one place, I feel like at mars waiting for someone to rescue me.Things are doing fine and they don't seem to have a sense of what is like being interviewed.

Interview Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plattsburgh, NY

Application

I interviewed at SUNY (Plattsburgh, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews. In addition to a hiring manager, you make meet with managers, employees, and other staff.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SUNY (Albany, NY).

Interview

First they will give a phone screening, then set up a time for onsite interview. The onsite is a Group/ Panel interview. You'll have 4-5 people asking you questions. They all were nice, also good to work with too. You will get a call or email in a week about further steps, if selected.

Interview Questions

• Basic technical questions, course-school related stuff, tried to know my interests so that they can give me a suitable project.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

simple behaviour questions, previous work experience and everything about person.questions were straight forward and to the point and were general in nature. they basically needed someone with good communication skills