SUNY at New Paltz Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.5

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Paltz, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SUNY at New Paltz (New Paltz, NY).

Interview

Pretty easy, went and talked to the department chair and gave a resume with cover letter and I was hired on the spot. It helps if you have a good relationship with the department chair.

Computer Hardware Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SUNY at New Paltz (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

applied through resume and cover letter.
    after the selection, they will send an email for in-person interview.
    in person interview related to technical field
    general knowledge questions
    quiz related to the computer ports and networking

Ra Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SUNY at New Paltz.

Interview

Long. 3 step process over 3 weeks. Met with different RDs for each interview. Questions really required you to think about why you want to be an RA and what motivates you to apply for the position. Getting a free room simply is not enough. You really must want it, which is what was articulated in the interview.

Assistant Professor, Education Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Paltz, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SUNY at New Paltz (New Paltz, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The entire process took about 5 months. Phone interview, followed by an in-person interview on campus. I rated the interview process as average in difficult simply because an all day interview on campus presenting research and lecturing is very tiring.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard for an academic job. Met with the dean, did a research presentation and a teaching demonstration. Committee questions mostly centered around my university teaching experience. Found out about a month after the campus interview that the University did not have the budget secured to hire another professor.   Answer Question

Financial Aid Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Paltz, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SUNY at New Paltz (New Paltz, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by 5 individuals. A couple of the interviewers were part of the FA department the other three represented other departments in the bldg. The questions seemed pre-prepared.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your strengths   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Paltz, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SUNY at New Paltz (New Paltz, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

It was with a panel of professors in the department. They as a series of questions and let you speak to how you wanted to become a teacher. The atmosphere was comfortable, but I felt some of the interviewers were not really present.

Interview Questions

• What would make you a good teacher?   1 Answer

Athletic Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Paltz, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at SUNY at New Paltz (New Paltz, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Very simple easy process. Emailed the sports information director about my interest. Came in and told me about the responsibilities of the internship and we went through with paperwork from there. Just talked about sports and writing skills/other technology capabilities

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Paltz, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SUNY at New Paltz (New Paltz, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Friendly and laid back atmosphere. You'll meet with the serving department chair. The interview acts as more of discussion than a question answer session. If things go well you'll have an opportunity to interface with other faculty members. After that you'll be shown office space, and directed towards the appropriate departments to finish paperwork.

Interview Questions

• How will your research specializations be brought into the classroom?   1 Answer

Night Host Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SUNY at New Paltz in August 2013.

Interview

An application with some questions and one-on-one interview with the Residence Hall's CDA. For the application, you give your basic information, your class schedule/availability, and answer 5-10 questions about your skills and your past work experience.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions like strengths and weaknesses. A question about your definition of "a community."   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Paltz, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at SUNY at New Paltz (New Paltz, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Sent application, had 1 hour phone interview with search committee, then had campus visit and interview. For campus visit, I had many interviews with administrators and members of the search committee, gave a presentation about my research, and then had a group interview with the entire search committee.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had difficulties with your teaching.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was offered 50K, asked for 52K, got 51K