SWA Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SWA Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

Landscape Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SWA Group (Sausalito, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a quite standard HR interview with typical questions, such as introduce yourself, your current job and your skills, why are you interested in swa, what kind of projects are you interested in...

Interview Questions

• What is your proficiency with the software you listed?   Answer Question

Landscape Architectural Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at SWA Group (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted via phone. Although the woman I interviewed with seemed nice enough it was a pretty stale and boring interview. The questions she asked me primarily included what software I was comfortable using or proficient with. The whole affair left me feeling uninspired but I imagine they must have to interview quite a few candidates, so they probably need to have a certain protocol.

Interview Questions

• What drew me to apply to the company? What kind of design software are you proficient with? Such as Rhino, Grasshopper, Lumion, AutoCAD, all the usual programs.   1 Answer

Landscape Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SWA Group (Laguna Beach, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Firstly, the principal went through the resume and ask for my self-introduction.
    Secondly, I presented 4 projects in my portfolio.
    Thirdly, what's my interest?
    Lastly, question for SWA. They're friendly and the interview last 50 minutes. Still wait for their contact.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SWA Group in March 2015.

Interview

Meet in career fair in school. Basically just asked to present my portfolio, checked with my experience, and asked if I have preferred office. They interviewed quite a lot candidate and I found most important was to selling myself and selling my portfolio.

Interview Questions

• Select a few projects in portfolio to present?
      What's your preferred office?
      What's your visa status?
      Answer Question

Interview

Portfolio is the most important part of recruitment. The employer will ask you to show them resume and portfolio first and then ask you a series questions about your projects to see how deep you understand the project and what thinking process of the projects is.

Interview Questions

• Employee always need to work over time without paid.   1 Answer

Landscape Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SWA Group (Sausalito, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Only one on-site interview. First, went through my resume and portfolio, asked a few questions about the projects I have done. Then, asked my career plan, behavior questions and visa status. Finally, asked where I live and if I could relocate. Pretty basic questions and process. Gave me a tour and met people around the office.

Interview Questions

• When I was talking about my career plan, I mentioned I would like to be a project manager in the future. The recruiter seemed interested in this point and asked a little more about it. Other than that, the rest were all pretty basic and usual.   Answer Question

Landscape Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SWA Group (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Web interview without onsite. They ask you to introduce yourself first and then present your portfolio. They will ask a few personal and professional questions and talk about benefit a little bit. They will also introduce the company to you briefly. After the interview, they will contact you via email or give you a call to follow up.

Landscape Architectural Designer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SWA Group in September 2011.

Interview

it is cool

Junior Landscape Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SWA Group in November 2008.

Interview

Two interviewers were fairly considering my experience, which is unusual for someone pursuing a landscape architect position (that is, it is not the traditional background - ie, BLA or MLA). One interviewer was very discouraging and skeptical. He also considered it a huge liability that I didn't already know Autocad, even though I was fluent with Vectorworks, and I knew that there was a junior working there already who was learning it. I eventually was hired with another firm and became fluent with Autocad within 2 months.