SYGMA Network Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.2

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYGMA Network (Monroe, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Pre-screen telephone interview with HR Manager, formal interview with HR Manager followed by introduction to VP/GM and in-formal interview with both HR Manager and VP/GM with opportunity to ask questions of my own about company or practices

Interview Questions

• Was asked to name a situation where instructions were ambiguous or misinterpreted and the steps I took in resolving the issue.   Answer Question
    • Was also asked what I thought was the most valuable asset or skill to be effective in a HR role.   Answer Question

Driver Helper/Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SYGMA Network (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Sygma has a convenient career website that saves your resume(s) and all of your personal information, so you only have to fill out the employment application once (which takes roughly an hour or so to complete). I initially applied for the Driver Helper position about a year ago, and was never contacted for a face to face interview. During the online process, you're informed that your application info is active for six months, after which you must re-submit your entirely saved application to be considered for employment. After about a week from re-submitting my online application, I was contacted by a Sygma HR representative to come in for an interview. Sygma's on-site interview lasted about a half hour and was conducted in a conference room, where I was questioned by an HR manager and the local safety/transportation operations manager. The interview was thorough and administered in a very comfortable and sociable manner, making it one of the most pleasant interviews I have ever participated in. Between the two interviewing managers, I was asked a total of four to six questions, relating directly to the position, while the rest of the process consisted of defining some particulars of the job's characteristics, position requirements, employment benefits, and safety regulations (which are of the utmost importance for this position and to Sygma as a safety conscious company). After all of the back and forth questions were answered, including theirs and mine, I was offered the position. I verbally accepted the position and was led to the HR representative's office, where I signed an official offer detailing a very reasonable amount of income, the requirement of submitting to pre-employment testing (a background check, verification of the past ten years of employment, and a drug/alcohol screening), a commitment to sign up for direct deposit (or use of a company-provided pay card), and proof of eligibility to work legally in the United States. Overall, I am very pleased with the pre-employment process and, also with Sygma, as an extraordinarily reputable company in an exceptionally complicated industry.

Interview Questions

• Explain an instance when you assisted a fellow employee in completing a particular task, when he or she may have been "in and over their head."   Answer Question

Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SYGMA Network (Lancaster, CA).

Interview

A prescreening at first and review of your personal information if applied online and then the determination to speak with the hiring manager which then actually begins the interview process.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SYGMA Network (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

You went in and spoke with the human resources person then they brought in the department manager to speak with you. He asked questions about my work history and what I did at my previous jobs that would make me a good fit for the position that I applied for. When the interview was done he offered me the position and gave me paper work to take the pre-employment drug test and said that they would be in contact with me soon.

Interview Questions

• He asked why do I think I would be a good fit for the position   1 Answer

Warehouse Loader/Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SYGMA Network (Monroe, MI) in August 2014.

Interview

Online application w/survey, phone interview, interview, job offer w new hire paperwork, background check,physical ability test 10 minute non stop lifting and moving boxes on pallets testing your heart rate. Drug test and physical. Orientation

Interview Questions

• how have you handled workplace confrontations?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just a standing hourly salary offer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SYGMA Network (Lancaster, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview was fairly simple with basic questions. The 1st interview was about 30 minutes, with a second group interview. Interviews were inexperienced as they tend to ask the same questions. Overall process, easy.

Warehouse Loader/Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SYGMA Network (Arlington, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview was paneled. You get to meet all the important people. The hiring process was very simple. Background check, drug screen, mechanical aptitude test, etc. The faster you get your part of the job done the quicker you start.

Interview Questions

• If you would come across a situation to where you might have to break certain rule to get the job done, what would you do?   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SYGMA Network in September 2013.

Interview

Asked mainly about driving history. Be truthful! They will do a background check. Also be prepared to have a time limit to test for you CDL permit as they require it before you start. So studying prior or having taken the written test is recommended by myself.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in you previous job? This will be a lot harder so just know fhat up front.   Answer Question

Purchasing & Inventory Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SYGMA Network (Dublin, OH) in November 2012.

Interview

Started with short phone screening. Had face to face interview with HR manager. Standard situation and behavioral questions about interactions with other employees and what would you do. Continued with two department managers with more detailed explanation of position and more experience/what would you do questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you had sensitive info and whether you kept that info confidential.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SYGMA Network (Kansas City, MO) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process was fair. First was by phone, then HR manager. then department manger and finally the GM( if you make it that far). I was told there were several applicants including some internal candidates, then it would be narrowed to top 3 for the general manger to interview before the final selection was to be made. The process seemed long, but was not too bad.

Interview Questions

• Questions were common, and nothing out of the ordinary was asked   Answer Question

Negotiation

The first offer was lower than expected. I was able to counter offer and we agreed on that as a final number