Sagent Advisors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2017

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sagent Advisors

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sagent Advisors (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

Process was very short. Applied online, went through pre-interview screening, had a first round, was invited to dinner that night and then the final round the next day. Pre-interview screening was very technical and difficult, as was the first round. Last round was very behavioral.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the biggest challenge you'll face in investment banking is?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sagent Advisors in October 2016.

Interview

First round with 2 analysts lasted one hour long - Half behavioral, half technical.
    Second round was the following day and with more senior bankers (Principal and MD) - one hour behavioral.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sagent Advisors (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Superday with 5 members of team, began with analysts moved on to associates. everyone was very kind and was willing to help younger guys learn. Questions ranged from behavioral to technical questions, some situations then technical, if you take corp fin and show and interest to learn it is doable.

Interview Questions

• Fairly technical interview. Standard valuation questions   1 Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sagent Advisors in January 2014.

Interview

Applied through college career site and got selected for a first round phone interview. Phone interview was very short, basically a 10-15 minute technical screen, making sure you know the basics. Received a call the next morning saying I got selected for a second round on campus. Second round consisted of 2 30 minute interviews. After that, got a call saying I got selected for a final round interview the next morning. Final round was 2 more 30 minute interviews, much more technical.

Interview Questions

• Most questions can be found on Vault or other I Banking practice questions, nothing too surprising   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sagent Advisors (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

1 on campus interview with two VPs (interviewed for all offices including Charlotte and NYC) followed by 1 superday in NYC with principal, Vice Presidents and MDs. Asked me how to value a company and on what basis. You need to show you've researched the firm including industries, deal flow etc