Saginaw Valley State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Saginaw Valley State University Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Saginaw Valley State University

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saginaw Valley State University (Saginaw, MI).

Interview

The interview process was casual. I was able to exchange a couple of emails with the assistant director and set up an interview from there. I then went in for an in person interview. After it took about two/three weeks to complete the process of hire.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a stressful situation and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saginaw Valley State University in May 2008.

Interview

Started with an online application and submission of resume. Got a phone call about two weeks later to set-up a phone interview with a hiring committee. Phone interview took about 30 minutes and I was asked general/standard questions and a couple questions related to actual job/tasks I would be doing. I was asked to campus, they flew me in and put me in a hotel for a night and then ran me through a day long gauntlet of group and face-to-face interviews with members of the campus community. It ended with casual face-to-face with the hiring manager at the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in a setting of higher education?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to get them to increase there initial offer because of my advanced degree and experience.