Saginaw Valley State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Saginaw Valley State University

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saginaw Valley State University (Saginaw, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

Had to apply online and got invited to an interview shortly after. I had to sit down with the dean, the assistant dean and the secretary. They all asked me specific questions related to the job. How would you handle the student confidentiality? Why do you think you could be a good advisor?

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saginaw Valley State University (Saginaw, MI).

Interview

The interview process was casual. I was able to exchange a couple of emails with the assistant director and set up an interview from there. I then went in for an in person interview. After it took about two/three weeks to complete the process of hire.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a stressful situation and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saginaw Valley State University in May 2008.

Interview

Started with an online application and submission of resume. Got a phone call about two weeks later to set-up a phone interview with a hiring committee. Phone interview took about 30 minutes and I was asked general/standard questions and a couple questions related to actual job/tasks I would be doing. I was asked to campus, they flew me in and put me in a hotel for a night and then ran me through a day long gauntlet of group and face-to-face interviews with members of the campus community. It ended with casual face-to-face with the hiring manager at the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in a setting of higher education?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to get them to increase there initial offer because of my advanced degree and experience.