Sam Houston State Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Sam Houston State

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sam Houston State

Found 25 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, TX
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sam Houston State (Huntsville, TX) in Apr 2019

Interview

University staff jobs take a while to process. However, the interview process is simple and standard, with typically a face-to-face environment with three to five people. Afterwards, you typically hear back in a short amount of time if you were selected or not.

Interview Questions
  • How would you organize your tasks?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, TX
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Sam Houston State (Huntsville, TX) in Feb 2019

Interview

You are asked to create plans of action/complete surveys that include possible plans of action to garner student interest in SHSU before you're even interviewed. Then, you get a phone interview, a Skype interview, and last round onboarding interview. If you don't make it to the onboarding interview, you get a line letter. Of all of the interviews I've ever done, this was the most dehumanizing due to the line letter rejection.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you overcame a difficult [client]. List three words that describe you, three greatest strengths/weaknesses, etc. The usual questions.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sam Houston State (United States)

Interview

After going through their training (personal trainer or group fitness instructor) I had to do a mini group fitness workout with current employees. Afterwards during the questions it was just me and 2 supervisors. They asked questions relating to fitness and behavorial style. The process took a few months since you have to do their training which involves being taught several formats.

Interview Questions
Sam Houston State
Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, TX
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Sam Houston State (Huntsville, TX) in Sep 2018

Interview

Interview was divided into 2 parts. The first was a phone interview and the second was a group interview. The phone call was straight forward with basic interviewing questions. The group interview was a series of games and assessments of teamwork

Interview Questions
Sam Houston State
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sam Houston State (United States)

Interview

Basic panel Interview. 3-4 person hiring board. Mostly technical and personal questions. Nothing too invasive or difficult if you have any basic tech knowledge. This is in essence a full time student worker position. You won't have many responsibilities by definition, but will be treated as though you do.

Interview Questions
  • Download the drivers for this printer from the manufacturers website.
Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, TX
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam Houston State (Huntsville, TX) in Mar 2017

Interview

Applied through Jobs for Kats and then they gave me a call 2 weeks after. We sat down for an interview (4 people) and they were very inviting and had good questions.

Interview Questions
Sam Houston State
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, TX
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sam Houston State (Huntsville, TX)

Interview

This interview occurred at the main Huntsville, Texas campus. Interview was okay. Classism definitely occurs here, between those who have higher degrees than others. Work experience does not count - only your degree does. It is a nice campus with a lot of history - very hilly though. You will definitely get in shape walking up those hills!

Interview Questions
  • The interview questions were your basic questions. No surprises.
Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, TX
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Sam Houston State (Huntsville, TX) in Aug 2016

Interview

Had to meet with the VP . Answer the typical questions. For Instance , tell me about yourself? Are you comfortable with Microsoft office ? Etc. Then I had to get technical.

Interview Questions
Sam Houston State
Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Sam Houston State (Houston, TX) in Apr 2016

Interview

Interview included mostly Behaviour questions and intermedite technical questions based on level. Hiring process scheduled in three rounds. phone interview, face to face with group and salary negotiation. whole process was done in and around 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions
Sam Houston State
Anonymous Employee in Sam Houston, TX
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam Houston State (Sam Houston, TX) in Mar 2016

Interview

About 10 min. With the basic questions. (Strenths, weaknesses, about rec sports, why you want to work for them, etc) Walk in professional, smile, be friendly, shake hands. Oh, and u will have 1-3 people interview you

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 25