Sam Houston State Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 6, 2017

1.8

Assistant Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sam Houston State (Huntsville, TX).

Interview

This interview occurred at the main Huntsville, Texas campus. Interview was okay. Classism definitely occurs here, between those who have higher degrees than others. Work experience does not count - only your degree does. It is a nice campus with a lot of history - very hilly though. You will definitely get in shape walking up those hills!

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were your basic questions. No surprises.   Answer Question

Informal Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sam Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam Houston State (Sam Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

About 10 min. With the basic questions. (Strenths, weaknesses, about rec sports, why you want to work for them, etc) Walk in professional, smile, be friendly, shake hands. Oh, and u will have 1-3 people interview you

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sam Houston State (Huntsville, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

At first someone called me to schedule the interview. They had multiple slots open so that was nice. When I went to the interview I just talked to three people in a small office. They told me their names but didn't exactly tell me what they did in the office. They asked me some questions that they said they legally have to ask everyone. It was pretty easy. One of the people in the office never said anything the whole time. That was a little weird. And we were really cramped in that office so it was kind of hot. I never got a call back.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you stay organized.

How long do you plan to stay in this position?
      Answer Question

Resident Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sam Houston State.

Interview

You can apply online, usually there are openings every semester. The application process asks for a questionnaire along with the application itself. Rather simple, and not stressful. You are interviewed by three current resident advisors. The whole process takes about 30 minutes. They want to get to know who you are, your values and work ethic.

Interview Questions

• The questions were geared towards getting to know the individual, and their ability to adapt to a new environment and new people. Ensuring that one would hold true to the policies set by the University and the department were also emphasized.   Answer Question

Custodian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sam Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sam Houston State (Sam Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied at their website, got a call for an interview in 2 weeks, went to an interview where 3 people were asking me questions such as why I was a good fit, my interests, my way of learning new things, how long I was planning to stay, and other basic questions. At the end they asked me if I had any questions which I replied NO, and regret because now I don't know how long to wait for a phone call to see if I got the job or not. Dress professionally.

Interview Questions

• What would your most recent employer say about you and your work habits?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sam Houston State (Huntsville, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a face to face interview by the department chair and secretary. It was more like a casual conversation where they asked me questions on what I did and told me what they expect from me. Immediately told me that I was selected and gave me the offer. Paperwork took some time, about a week

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sam Houston State.

Interview

Three people ask questions pertaining to personality and work ethic. Don't need a lot of work experience but it is a big plus so you can make sure you're in the right department.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sam Houston State in March 2015.

Interview

Found the job posting online and went through two phone interviews. Living far from Huntsville did not allow for me to travel. However, no Skype interview was conducted and it was a rather simple interview process.

IT Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam Houston State (Huntsville, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview(technical and non-technical)
    You will need to be familiar with both Mac and windows operating systems.
    be ready to talk about customer service experiences
    you will need to get familiar with all the Sam Houston Web pages

Staff Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sam Houston State.

Interview

Initially contacted by the Human Resources Department via phone to schedule an interview. 1-3 members on the hiring committee. Some departments will select from the candidates without a 2nd round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions, some pertain to the types of technology the individual will be required to use.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was unable to negotiate.