Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US) Interview Questions

Interviews at Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US)

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US) (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through company website and university portal. Got a call in a couple of weeks.
    Had a short phone interview discussing my interests and resume. Basic python knowledge(I had very little experience at time of interview.). They don't use Java at Samsung semiconductors.

After phone interview , had an onsite interview after 2 weeks.
    5 hr interview, 6 interviewers -- questions related to resume and programming. I knew java so wrote my programs in that. mostly tested logic and approach. Data structures -- trees related questions. (similar to amazon interview)

Interview Questions

• Questions on python basics, regex, scripting, automation etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US) (San Jose, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

HR Co-ordinated the whole process. It was really good. There was 2 rounds of phone interview.following that I was called to meet the team for face to face to interview. There was a written test during the face to face.it consisted if 10 questions.it was bit annoying.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US) in May 2015.

Interview

One round. Spoke to Manager over phone. Intermediate level algorithm questions,
    30 Minutes. Very helpful. 5 to 8 questions on algorithms and problem solving. Web application tools to be used and data structures that are efficient for the problem at hand,

Interview Questions

• Tree traversal algorithms
      What solution can you think of for a given problem
      Data structures   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US) (Milpitas, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The recruiter was very nice made all the necessary arrangements before the interview . I am not even sure why Samsung has subsidiaries in the US because if you are not Korean or speak Korean you might as well not apply I heard this from previous candidates but me being the open minded person that I was decided to take a couple of hours off work and go to the interview anyway. One of the managers could not speak english fluently the other manager had to translate the questions back to me and they tried to squeeze a test in after the interview without prior notification which I had no problem with but the test was on a computer and it was in Korean I am not kidding. I did not hear a word from them after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Balance sheet questions, Statement of cash flows questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US) (San Jose, CA).

Interview

One interview over the phone - lasted around 45 minutes. Everyone was very friendly and asked intelligent, interesting questions. The interview was not very deep, but quite broad. Nobody ever gave me the sense that they were trying to play rough or scare me or anything. They wanted to know if I would be successful with them and we had a successful group conversation on the subject. It was a solid interview.

Interview Questions

• All questions were basic programming questions about using a debugger, experience with higher level scripting languages, etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US).

Interview

Three rounds of interviews - all over the phone (I don't go to school in the Bay Area). First with recruiter, then hiring manager, then a member of the team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; Tell me about your past internship; what do you think the biggest trend in tech right now is; why do you want to go into the tech industry; why do you go to *insert university here*; how does Snapchat currently make profit and what additions could they bring on to increase profits; what experience do you have in marketing and sales   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US) (San Jose, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Headline: Fishy and dishonest

Recruiter set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. He missed the first appointment. We spoke on the second try and immediately he seemed impressed with my experience, in fact recommending that I should put more of my experience on my resume. I had the scientific and the business background they were looking for. However, he mentioned he just started his search and to be a little patient.

Needless to say -- I was surprised to get an email from HR that he decided to go another direction.

Seems a little fishy and I'm not appreciating the dishonesty here.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US).

Interview

They contacted me by phone to request an interview. (I do not know how they received my name or contact data. The company was very flexible in scheduling my interviews, which was great because I had a very strict schedule at the time. Interviews were friendly, but focused on past performance and achievements

Interview Questions

• Significant discussions about past projects, my participation level, and my contribution. Nothing was really unexpected. Behavioral interviewing techniques were somewhat used   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated salary and bonus

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied for a job and the next day I got called.
    Then, I interviewed with all team members on 1:1 basis; with 6 people. got a reply about a week later that the office is mot hiring a person for the position anymore. very fast well organized. But disappointed that i wasted my time

Interview Questions

• What is your strong points?   1 Answer

Senior Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US) (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I applied for a position in Memory solutions lab in San Jose. I talked to the director of the lab over the phone. He went over the work they were doing and my research interests. Then, I was invited to the onsite interview. I was asked to give a presentation followed by 3-4 rounds of technical questions - some related to my Ph.D. work others and others were programming puzzles - nothing more than Leetcode medium difficulty. They take forever to get you an offer, the whole process is not very transparent and sort of unfriendly. And they lowball you a lot and put pressure to decide soon.