Samuel Shapiro & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 25, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Samuel Shapiro & Company

GLG Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Samuel Shapiro & Company (Baltimore, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

Contacted recruiter and had 2 phone interviews; relatively easy. Met with department director and one of the supervisors for a formal interview. Relatively relaxed, questions/answers format. I was called later that day with an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work in Logistics- Import/Export?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samuel Shapiro & Company (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Applied online. Heard back from the recruiter in a few days to set up a phone screen which then led to an in-person interview. Interviewed with the manager and received a call the next day with the offer. The experience was pretty basic and straightforward.

Simple Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samuel Shapiro & Company (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Common interview nothing out of the ordinary. You are interviewed by two people who take turns asking you questions. Can be intimidating if you are not comfortable with interviews. Good to come prepared to answer many questions.

Import Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samuel Shapiro & Company (Baltimore, MD) in January 2012.

Interview

I got to interview with a very experienced person who is a senior import manager. And also someone who was a logistics manager and seemed to appear young, but who was very energetic and knew the industry. The interview on the phone was very difficult and asked a lot of tough questions.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult customer service experience and how did you solve the problem?   Answer Question

I wanted to work in a bigger company where I would only be asked to do one task. The logistics field requires you to really multi-task, coordinate, work with customers (internal and external) and stay on top of compliance every minute of the day.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Samuel Shapiro & Company (Dulles, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

Sent resume to HR rep. Started email correspondence then set up a phone interview about a week later. Spoke on the phone and answered typical questions. Nothing too difficult. Set up in person interview at branch with manager then met with other employees in the office. Received offer a week later

Import Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samuel Shapiro & Company in April 2009.

Interview

Met with HR, then managers, then entire team.

Basically they just wanted to know about my past experience with imports and where I saw myself in the future within the import industry. Lots of promises about training and career growth, which thus far (1.5 years later) have gone unfulfilled.

Friendly interview, not too much pressure

Interview Questions

• They asked where I saw myself in 5 years with the company   1 Answer
    • They asked me some questions about inland delivery   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were not able to go much above what I was currently making but they did say there would be room for bonuses and raises, which there were, however these were minimal.