SanMar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SanMar Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.6

Distribution Center Recruiter Interview

Interview

Applied for the job and was phone screened about 2 days later. Scheduled for my first interview a week later. Received an email to meet with the Generalist and Coordinator the following week.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SanMar (Issaquah, WA).

Interview

At submission of application I took a brief assessment and then they called me for a phone interview. I passed the phone interview so they invited me for an in person interview.

It took place one on one, and after chatting with the recruiter I took a brief may assessment and listened to call and took a computer based assessment about the call.

Drug testing afterward.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you went above and beyond what was expected of you to help a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me they do not negotiate pay for call center positions.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SanMar (Issaquah, WA).

Interview

Phone screen followed by a panel interview and then a one-on-one interview. There was a math test and a simulated order system that they asked questions about. Don't be fooled. This is a Call-center.

Negotiation

Yes. I negotiated. They offered me a ridiculously low $17/hr. I told them I needed at least $23/hr. They offered me $23/hr, I accepted.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at SanMar (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter which went well and was invited in for an in-person interview with the HR Manager the next week. The in-person interview went well so much so that the HR Manager asked if I'd be available to come in for a final interview as well as asked what times and days I would be available. I waited a week, sent a follow up email, waited another two weeks, sent a second follow up email and never heard back. The HR Manager seemed very bright and thoughtful but her refusal for follow up was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What are your careers goals? What if your favorite thing to do during your work day?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SanMar in October 2015.

Interview

The management was relaxed. I had two interviews. One interview with the direct hiring manager, a PM and another QA. Each had their own set of questions relating to their field. Second interview with the QA manager's boss.

Interview Questions

• Different QA test methodologies. Second interview was more technical. Testing how you think.   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SanMar (Issaquah, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was offered the opportunity to interview for this internship after being interviewed for a previous position with the company. I was contacted a few weeks after my first interview to interview for the internship position. I interviewed for the position on a Friday and I received an offer 10 days later. There was a delay with the offer because the staff was out of town for a conference.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions based on your resume and personal experiences   Answer Question

Resale Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SanMar (Issaquah, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

2 sessions, first was skills assessment and second was a departmental interview in which they asked question after question, looking for short answers. Not as boring as I make it sound, but they read off of a list and I felt like I was taking yet another test. HR rep makes you feel welcome and included in the company. Questions ranged from perfunctory to somewhat stimulating.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Avondale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at SanMar (Avondale, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

They had arranged a group interview , very unprofessional , they also asked personal information in front of everyone and no one seemed to want to answer the questions the interview was just a fail

Interview Questions

• They asked everything negative about our selfs   1 Answer

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SanMar (Issaquah, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview (after weeks of back and forth emailing), went well and had an in-person interview the following week. I Interviewed with the person I had interviewed with on the phone plus two others. Said they would be in touch within a week of my interview date. Sent them a thank you note and a follow-up email after interview as well. This was over a month ago and I still haven't heard anything. Haven't been able to get ahold of them by phone (left more than a few voicemails) and have sent numerous emails. I at least deserve the respect of being politely declined, rather than being left hanging. Terrible business practice - beware.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What are skills have you gained from previous positions that would translate to this one?
      Answer Question

Low Bay Restocker/Puller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SanMar (Sparks, NV) in September 2014.

Interview

The HR lead called me within a month of turning in my application. Interview was short and direct, asked what I did to reach a goal and if I could lift 30 pounds. Easy questions and took the drug screen test within the interview week.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a supervisor had questioned you about your work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much, $9.50 is starting wage, non/negotiable.