SavATree Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at SavATree

3.2

Arborist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SavATree (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was streamlined and straight forward. The hiring managers were very clear and detailed with the job expectations. They also made it a very relaxed experience as far as a job interview can be.

The office staff are very easy to work with and management is usually fair and dedicated to helping you grow and thrive within the company. Though some cases of favoritism are evident and harsh, sometimes uncomfortable, stresses can be poured on in order to meet budgets and sales goals.

Interview Questions

• The sales call role play scenarios were the hardest to get through. Be prepared and confident.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was fair. I got what I needed in exchange for meeting certain requirements.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SavATree (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied through an online posting through my college and was contacted by HR. They asked me some resume questions and then discussed the responsibilities of the job. They then went on to negotiate the hourly wage and location of the office. The offer was extended during the first call. It was an easy interview and very laid back.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SavATree (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Non existent- internal candidate-went through the proper process- have yet to receive any correspondence? No formal procedures- no email or contact regarding interview- corporate just showed up and said how it is going to work- no salary negotiations- take it or leave it- promised sales position- under paid - no clear commission process communicated

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford Hills, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at SavATree (Bedford Hills, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, in person interview with CFO and HR, 6-7 page Accounting test. HR didn't ask questions during the in person interview. Someone else was supposed to in-person interview but was unable to at the last minute.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at SavATree (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Long and involved. Well worth the time. I don't think I've ever had such a thorough interview. In depth knowledge of sales is key to a positive outcome. Be yourself and you will succeed.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SavATree.

Interview

They don't pay well... but it was a job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they didn't negotiate. It was the offer, or nothing.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SavATree.

Interview

Extremely difficult, you first speak to recruiting and or HR, then get moved to the Branch manager where you do role playing depending on that manager, then get moved to the Regional Manager or VP and then the President DVS and with the Regional and President you will do more sales role playing that truthfully makes you feel stupid even if you have 10- 20 yrs exp..Most of the candidates have to interview with the President in the NY office unless he happens to be in the state at the time and that usually never happens. As a former Branch Manager we went through extensive training performing this interview process and most of the management hated having to treat potential employees that way but our VP and President required it and or there is the door. They also require everyone in sales, admin and management to take a personality profile exam and even if you did great on the interview but bombed the exam then you would not be hired and 99% of the exam has nothing to do with sales or arboriculture. To be honest the company trains their management to use smoke and mirrors to get people in the door and promise them all sorts of things, get them to sign the employment contract that they do not negotiate with and they never follow through with their end of the deal. It is a good company to get training if you are a new Arborist or in sales and want to get in this field but after the first year of the salary when they change you to 100% commission you should run as fast as you can!! They make it almost impossible for you to make decent money compared to what they require you to put in.

Interview Questions

• If a client wants only one service line such as plant health care then do you only pitch the one service line or all three?   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford Hills, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SavATree (Bedford Hills, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

I had a number of interviews with members of the HR team and senior management. I had originally applied for a different role, however when it came to my interview with the Senior VP of HR, she suggested my talents could be better utilized in the TABP role. I'm glad she recognized my potential and I was offered this role instead and I'm so happy about it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about X role. What went right? What went wrong? Tell me more? (they like to dig deep on interview questions and ask for further, specific examples for almost every question asked, so be prepared to know the specifics of your experience and speak to all facets of prior roles)   Answer Question

Arborist/Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SavATree (New York, NY).

Interview

It was very Tense, awkward, it's about 3 levels of interviews, some sessions have tense "role playing", some of the role playing is made to reveal how much you don't really know.

Interview Questions

• Do you have fire in your belly?   1 Answer

Plant Health Care Specialist/Assistant Arborist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SavATree (Springfield, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

Aside from the normal resume/cover letter, questionnaire forms prior to interview.... I felt the actual interview with the Branch Managers was very personal and I immediately felt comfortable being myself. We sat in the conference room and discussed my career goals as well as my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• They asked me my weakness and how I plan to improve on it.   1 Answer