ScanSource Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ScanSource Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ScanSource (Greenville, SC) in April 2016.

Interview

I didn't apply for anything. I filled out a general job application on their website. Was called a week later about the Account Analyst position. Phone interview was about 10 minutes. Basic questions about my resume and brief info about financial stuff. Very easy. Was asked to come in a week later for an in person interview. I was excited. I came in 30 minutes early before my scheduled interview. I waited over an hour for my interview after my interview was supposed to have started. Apparently no one knew I was supposed to be interviewed and the guy interviewing me took that day off. I was speechless. Eventually, two guys interviewed me but they weren't prepared for it at all. Random interview questions were asked and everything was not organized. Overall, I know I answered all the questions correctly because I pretty much know a lot about financial statements, how to read them, what to look for, and so on. After the interview with the two men, they told me to stay put so they can find other people to interview me. I was so confused at this point. Why are they trying to find other people to interview me, AGAIN!? 5 minutes later, I was told I was done and that I could go home.

I felt good about the interview but the whole process and making me wait gave me a negative impression on what was originally a positive take on the company. For a company that many college graduates wants to work for, they sure are sloppy and unprofessional. It's been over a month now and they haven't even contacted me if I got the job or not. But it doesn't matter anymore, I've found a job that has better benefits and a HIGHER starting pay. Good luck to whoever wants to work at ScanSource. Oh yeah, they're a flat/horizontal organization. That means if you are looking for a career advancement, this isn't the place for you. Just work there for experience then go somewhere else where you can move up the ladder.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for the Account Analyst position?   1 Answer

Cisco Services Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ScanSource in March 2016.

Interview

I had an awesome phone interview with the hiring manager, conversation was great and the job seemed promising and right up my alley. My friend referred me for the position which I was very qualified for and the position was just what I wanted. Weeks went by and I followed up with multiple phone calls and emails and received ZERO response. Very unprofessional and doesn't make the company look good by any means. It's been over a month and I still have not received an answer as to whether or not I was going to get an offer.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ScanSource (Greenville, SC) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process started early this year when I first saw the add. Too many appointments. Seemed like recruiting manager was unsure on what he wanted. It clearly showed me that this was not the place for me.

Interview Questions

• Out of all the interview questions, the one resembling what types of collaterals I would use when underwriting credit to a company that showed weak financials was the most difficult to me. I know the type of collaterals to use in such situations but the region where the question was placed was unknown for me. That made the answer difficult.   1 Answer

Low pay, arrogant interviewer and an chemistry that was not good.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ScanSource (Greenville, SC) in September 2015.

Interview

They ask very basic questions in the first interview, this is not the time to ask about the job description or job duties. The first phone interview is just about getting to know you and letting you know about the company and what they do. Total interview lasted about 10-15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about ScanSource?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ScanSource in July 2015.

Interview

First had a phone interview that lasted about 20 min very friendly recruiter very informative and supportive.After you pass the phone screen theirs a face to face interview with 2 Supervisors

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self   1 Answer
    • Tell me how you overcome objection   1 Answer

Event Manager Interview

Interview

Applied on website, submitted resume, got a call back and had a Skype interview for 1 hour; have another interview with mangers for 1.5 hours. Meet with hiring manager and she asked what I knew about company; then about my work experience. Asked how I would handle deadlines.

Financial Account Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ScanSource (Greenville, SC).

Interview

Questions where technical questions and not about yours skills that applied to the job if you did not have technical experience. I knew immediately that I would not be moving on in the next phase of hiring with the line of questions.

Interview Questions

• What profitability models have you used for forecasting a project?   Answer Question
    • What methodologies did you use in your financial analysis?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ScanSource (Greenville, SC) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online through the company's website. A few days later I got a call to schedule an initial phone interview. It lasted about 15 minutes, just to go over the Resume and gain a bit of insight into my financial knowledge. At the end, I was asked to come in for an in person interview. This one was a bit more intense. There were 8-10 managers that all fire questions. The first question was, "what do you know about ScanSource?" Then they try to take the tension down by asking questions about personality and past experience. Then the financial questions start rolling. At the end, I was asked to come back in a few days later to meet with two directors. This interview was more conversational and laid back.
    -I would recommend you doing your homework on the background of the company (including the financials) as well as reviewing how to analyze income statements and balance sheets when valuing a company.

Interview Questions

• How would you value a potential customer based on looking at financial statements (income statements, balance sheets, etc...)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Base salaries are already set. $38,000 for 9-6. $39,200 for 10-7. $41,000 for 11:30-8:30.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ScanSource (Greenville, SC) in September 2014.

Interview

Three interviews, one on the phone and two in person. It all depends on what business unit you are applying to and who is interviewing you. The personality test is straight forward. The process overall is no different then any other company you have been at before.

Account Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ScanSource.

Interview

It was a good process - had several interviews with the company back to back. Interviewed with the managers and then with the directors and vice president. Was kept updated by the HR department the whole time

Interview Questions

• what is one thing that you would change about the company   Answer Question