ScanSource Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2018

2.9

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ScanSource (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

It was a very pleasant experience. The people there were extremely nice. I enjoyed my visit to the town also. I hope to hear back from them soon. I would love to live in Greenville.

Account Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ScanSource.

Interview

I was in contact with HR for a few days and had help setting up the phone interview. after the phone interview, I had an in-person interview the following week.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ScanSource.

Interview

Applied online and had a recommendation from a current employee. Asked me to do a phone interview about a week later. I thought the interview went well. They asked a lot of questions about why I wanted the job.

ERP Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Georgia Southern, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ScanSource (Georgia Southern, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

It was an informal interview. The interviewer wanted to talk to me about my qualifications and skills and how they relate / how can I apply them to the job I am interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• How do the skills you have apply to the job you are interviewing for?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about who you are terms of academics and what you to pursue as a career.   Answer Question
    • Give me (the interviewer) an example of how you applied customer service to a job you worked in the past or present?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ScanSource (Greenville, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. A quick phone screening with HR and then an interview with two sales managers. The interview is fairly basic with very reasonable questions, make sure to know the basics of company operations.

Account Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ScanSource (Greenville, SC) in April 2016.

Interview

I didn't apply for anything. I filled out a general job application on their website. Was called a week later about the Account Analyst position. Phone interview was about 10 minutes. Basic questions about my resume and brief info about financial stuff. Very easy. Was asked to come in a week later for an in person interview. I was excited. I came in 30 minutes early before my scheduled interview. I waited over an hour for my interview after my interview was supposed to have started. Apparently no one knew I was supposed to be interviewed and the guy interviewing me took that day off. I was speechless. Eventually, two guys interviewed me but they weren't prepared for it at all. Random interview questions were asked and everything was not organized. Overall, I know I answered all the questions correctly because I pretty much know a lot about financial statements, how to read them, what to look for, and so on. After the interview with the two men, they told me to stay put so they can find other people to interview me. I was so confused at this point. Why are they trying to find other people to interview me, AGAIN!? 5 minutes later, I was told I was done and that I could go home.

I felt good about the interview but the whole process and making me wait gave me a negative impression on what was originally a positive take on the company. For a company that many college graduates wants to work for, they sure are sloppy and unprofessional. It's been over a month now and they haven't even contacted me if I got the job or not. But it doesn't matter anymore, I've found a job that has better benefits and a HIGHER starting pay. Good luck to whoever wants to work at ScanSource. Oh yeah, they're a flat/horizontal organization. That means if you are looking for a career advancement, this isn't the place for you. Just work there for experience then go somewhere else where you can move up the ladder.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for the Account Analyst position?   1 Answer

Cisco Services Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ScanSource in March 2016.

Interview

I had an awesome phone interview with the hiring manager, conversation was great and the job seemed promising and right up my alley. My friend referred me for the position which I was very qualified for and the position was just what I wanted. Weeks went by and I followed up with multiple phone calls and emails and received ZERO response. Very unprofessional and doesn't make the company look good by any means. It's been over a month and I still have not received an answer as to whether or not I was going to get an offer.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ScanSource (Greenville, SC) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process started early this year when I first saw the add. Too many appointments. Seemed like recruiting manager was unsure on what he wanted. It clearly showed me that this was not the place for me.

Interview Questions

• Out of all the interview questions, the one resembling what types of collaterals I would use when underwriting credit to a company that showed weak financials was the most difficult to me. I know the type of collaterals to use in such situations but the region where the question was placed was unknown for me. That made the answer difficult.   1 Answer

Low pay, arrogant interviewer and an chemistry that was not good.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ScanSource (Greenville, SC) in September 2015.

Interview

They ask very basic questions in the first interview, this is not the time to ask about the job description or job duties. The first phone interview is just about getting to know you and letting you know about the company and what they do. Total interview lasted about 10-15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about ScanSource?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ScanSource in July 2015.

Interview

First had a phone interview that lasted about 20 min very friendly recruiter very informative and supportive.After you pass the phone screen theirs a face to face interview with 2 Supervisors

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self   1 Answer
    • Tell me how you overcome objection   1 Answer