Schlitterbahn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

1.8

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlitterbahn (New Braunfels, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I received a text for an interview the day after finishing my application. They asked questions revolving around your personality, to see if it matches their motto. They hired me after accepting the uniform rules and revising the days of availability.

Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlitterbahn (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a very relaxed environment with a bunch of personality questions. They got back to me relatively quickly and they had great personalities during the interview. Overall great experience

Guest Services Interview

Interview

I submit my application at 10 pm and was called around noon the very next day. My interview was scheduled for 4pm at a historical house next to schlitterbahn. I was interviewed with another girl and it was very simple and laid back. The questions were straight forward and easy to answer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just relax. These interviews are pretty laid back, they want to hire you. There's no need to be nervous, and good luck :)

Anonymous Employee in Galveston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlitterbahn (Galveston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied on-line got called the next day to set up a group interview. Arrived at staff services and filled out some paperwork then the supervisor sent us to the training room to ask us questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle and angry guest.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlitterbahn (New Braunfels, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

It was an in person interview. I had to do a quick ten-minute basic math test with out a calculator and then I was asked a few questions by the Food/Bevs manager.

Interview Questions

• What's the most important part of a hospitality service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlitterbahn (New Braunfels, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

They asked why I wanted to work there, and asked a little about me and what I like to do. They would talk about themselves and then want them to talk about yourself. The interviewer was calm and was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Padre Island, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schlitterbahn (South Padre Island, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview seemed thrown together becuase they needed workers quick. I dont think it was a truely tough interview. I could have walked in in a polo and shorts and still gotten the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Schlitterbahn (New Braunfels, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Went in for an interview on a Thursday. I was called back the following week saying that I had a job. I went in and filled out the paperwork and then that Friday I attended an all day orientation

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schlitterbahn (Kansas City, KS) in May 2015.

Interview

It now makes sense why people complain Schlitterbahn is run by a bunch of 16 and 17 year olds. As a 26 year old licensed attorney, the first thing they did was hand me a high school math pop quiz. It's been ten years since I've done math without a calculator, so I didn't score high enough on the quiz. I was turned away without any further consideration of my experience or skills. I even asked if I could come back and take the quiz again another day and they said no.

Interview Questions

• Obviously, I didn't make it far enough in the process to have an actual interview; however, on the phone, they asked me if I was okay with the fact that I would be exposed to the sun and chlorine.   2 Answers

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlitterbahn.

Interview

Super simple. Applied online and was called for an interview a few weeks later. They just asked basic questions like good samaritan type situations. I was offered employment on the spot and went to fill out hiring paperwork.